The thank you thread

Mutley

Reaction score
Well done your royal highnesses, another brilliant party :clap :bow :clap :bow

Thank you so much for so many things:

For rebuilding the Shitzen-Housen :p
For making sure everybody gets fed each night :clap
For driving drunken idiots to and from the ceilidh and the cheesy disco :D
For bringing breakfast in the morning despite there being a hurricane :eek: :angel
To Tash for being the dancing queen and life of the pairtie :kissy2

But most of all for living at the end of the most epic 600 mile ride each year :moped:

Put me down for next year :hogroast

Home now.

Very fine time this weekend. Tash in particular was the perfect host, Jonny Bawbags chipped in a bit as well.

Great time, thanks as well to everyone in Stein for making us all feel welcome.

:eek:onyack

Book me a room for next year :thumb2

Just home at midnight.

What a perfect weekend. Thanks to Tash & Johnny for all the hard work. :clap:clap

Great to meet up with friends old and new. :thumb2

770 miles round trip for us. A nice wee run. :)

Tash and Johnny . .

Many thanks indeed for all your hard work, it was a great weekend.

Good to meet up with the regulars again.

Never mind the weather . . If it hadn't been raining we would have been eaten alive by the midges :D

Shame about the Gala Day, I hope the kiddies (and adults) weren't too disappointed.

Thanks again.

Bob.

Massive thanks to you both :clap

Guys you live in a really special place i'm green with envy :D

Beautiful scenery, beautiful people and you even do bad weather better than everyone else. Its really great to spend time in a place where everyone seems to get on - love the locals - really strong community spirit.

I'll post some pictures and video later on when I work out how to do it

Put my name down for next year please.

Tash thanks for feeding us in a force 8 gale :clap
Johnny; enjoy the new KTM.

Loads of thanks to Johnny & Tash .:clap:clap

The lousy weather just made it more 'memorable' shall we say.

As Mutley said the ride up there is well worth it. Rannach Moor / Gelncoe bit fab. We took in the little Kinlochleven loop and the Glenelg Ferry this year , both well worth the detour. A87 Invergarry to Shiel Bridge bloody ace. And the last bit from Broadford to Waternish is just as much fun.

Thanks for braving the wind and the rain on Saturday morning Tash to deliver bacon butties to everyone's tents . Unbelievable.:bow

Great organisation as always, fantastic time with the locals on Friday night too.

Question ; How many GSers can you fit in an Astra ?

Answers on a postcard to ; Tash at Skye Windscreens Taxi Service LTD :thumb

Mega big thanks to Johnny and Tash.:beerjug:

Wholehearted concurrence with aforementioned points of view from others.

excellent weekend - poop weather but as the Rushster says - made it even more memorable - stuff of legend as trips to Oonyackistan should be.

Tent and tarp (why oh why did I bother putting that up) now dry and put away for the next camping trip.

Hope all arrived home safely - and best regards to Woody for a quick recovery.

I'd like to add my thanks to Johnny and Tash for a fantastic weekend for all the organising and the lifts especially :bow

Excellent weekend :beerjug:

Thanks also to Aidan, Mandy, Flash and missus for shepherding me down the road :)

Yep, a great weekend, many thanks for all the hard work:thumb2

Got home at 1630 yesterday 2375 miles after setting off for skye last Tuesday.

Shep

Bloody hell thats good going Shep . What time did you leave ?

I was up at 0615 and away by 0700, GPS said i'd get home at 1620 so I rode straight through, just filling up when I needed it, no stopping otherwise.

I enjoyed it all except I went wrong just north of Glasgow just over that bridge and ended up heading the west instead of east down the motorway that cost me 20miles, and then a 4x4 blew its turbo on the motorway a few hundred feet ahead of me which caused a 'whiteout' and oil all over my visor, I had to slow as I could see nothing at all and was crapping myself I was gonna get mowed down by following traffic or that I was gonna run into the the troubled Discovery, all was OK though.

Shep

Cheers

My first outing with the Tossers.... I had an ace time :thumb

Johnny and Tash went the extra mile or twenty to make it a resounding success, despite the Gale. The locals were all super and as already stated, I also was surprised how big the community spirit was in such a remote part of the country. Top place and I will return for a weekend some time soon.

Betty (still a little Bowlen!)

Aye, a cracking weekend, cheers guys, good effort :beerjug:

We had a good run home via Achnasheen, Inverness and the Lecht. Couple of hefty showers on the way but they just gave us a needed rinse :thumb

enjoy the peace and quiet now we've all gone

Sorry to hear about Woody though, had a look on the way through and couldn't see which corner it had been on. Was it just before Broadford?
Hope the op's gone well and a swift recovery :thumb

Back
Top Bottom