Scotland 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough,.... just the last time I went over I posed the question about getting private vehicles over and I was told that the MOD wouldn't wear it for various H&S reasons.....

Best of Luck...:thumb

Don't think the MOD owns the land - and it's a SSSI :augie

Hi there,
I'm up for it if there is still room.:thumb2 I was hanging back untill the dates were confirmed as i'm also booked up for the NW200 pilgrimage:beer: Need to clear with the work but that will not be a problem. Also needed to clear it with the long haired colonel - you ken whot it's like:hide. Once confirmed I will pm my email address(once I've worked it oot)

Hi there,
I'm up for it if there is still room.:thumb2 I was hanging back untill the dates were confirmed as i'm also booked up for the NW200 pilgrimage:beer: Need to clear with the work but that will not be a problem. Also needed to clear it with the long haired colonel - you ken whot it's like:hide. Once confirmed I will pm my email address(once I've worked it oot)

Good stuff JKM,

Get me a confirmation asap please, I will need to know if you are up for the complete trip and if you would like to take your bike across to Cape Wrath to ride that leg of the route.

C:thumb

Charlie,
I'm down for the whole trip including the river crossing. Never met you guys, but what a better way to do it. 7 days on the bike, at least 6 nichts in the pub, fast food, maybe under canvas - under tiles - nae work - no brainer. The Long Haired Colnel reckons i've no got brains any way. Thats why shes's no invited. ;)
Could you tell me how I send a PM. Obviously for later details / correspondence.

Regards
Kevin

As I am coming from Belfast or Larne, I am doing the trip with one minor modification.

I hope to come over on the first boat on Sunday, hit Cairngaan then catch up with everyone at or before Roslin. (If Saturday night in Castle Douglas gets lively, there may be no catching up to do!)

If anyone from this side of the Irish Sea wants to do similar, PM me and we could try to get organised on the same boat.

Cape wrath

Charlie,

Add me in for the Cape Wrath ferry crossing, and riding to the lighthouse...
Sounds like a once in a lifetime opportunity :thumb2

Dave
:aidan

Wookie

Heading over from Cavan.... should be a good week :beerjug:
Planning on the first ferry from Belfast on the 25th, and meeting the guys on thier way past Stranraer.:aidan (that the idea anyway)

That sounds like a plan. The 7:25 sailing will get in at 9:25 in Stranraer. It £55 each way on the website. I might try ringing Nutt travel during the week to see if they can beat it.

That sounds like a plan. The 7:25 sailing will get in at 9:25 in Stranraer. It £55 each way on the website. I might try ringing Nutt travel during the week to see if they can beat it.

I called Nutt travel today - £79 for return ticket :bounce1

I'm booking it tomorrow:

Outbound: 07:25 on 25th Apr
Return: 09:90 on 2nd May

I called Nutt travel today - £79 for return ticket :bounce1

I'm booking it tomorrow:

Outbound: 07:25 on 25th Apr
Return: 09:90 on 2nd May

No flys on you:thumb...Good price. Nutts are alway cheaper.:eek:onyack
I`ll book the same tomorrow....

Really starting to take shape now:beerjug:

Cape Wrath

I just realised the Cape Wrath bit was optional - please count me in for that as well (must remember to have a light breakfast that day....)

If you get the bikes onto the Cape...don't stray off the tarmac...there could be a very loud bang and a bike less on the way back.:thumb2

I just realised the Cape Wrath bit was optional - please count me in for that as well (must remember to have a light breakfast that day....)

I'll put yer name in Wookie:thumb

Charlie

Cost!

Just as a guide to everyone:

Everyone who has confirmed the Cape Wrath crossing (cwc) in the 'Who's Going' thread will need to give me £20 each when I see them, that will get you and your bike across and back.

First night's accommodation - £10 (approx - not confirmed)

Second night's accommodation - £10 (approx - not confirmed)

Third night's accommodation - £72 per room (half if shared - confirmed)

Fourth Night's accommodation - £8 (unconfirmed)

Fifth Night's accommodation - £7 (confirmed for pitch, will update food cost)

Sixth Night's accommodation - £14 (confirmed by JKM)

So roughly so far we are looking at:

Digs - £121 (still mostly unconfirmed)

cwc - £ 20

Fuel - £150 - £200 (depending on bike and luggage)

Food - £25 per day (at a guess)

Rough Total - £466 - £516

Call it £500 + beer tokens

So roughly 2k then :beer:

Mapsource

Hey everyone,

Those of you who expressed an interest in receiving the route in mapsource may have to wait a little! Wully emailed me what he had done so I could tweak it a little before sending it out to you all but unfortunately he has a later version of the program than me and so I can't open it.:blast

I have intentions of buying a new zumo 550 before the trip and so will open his files then and do the necessary before sending it to you all, but that won't be until March sometime I think:(

I do have it on autoroute 2007 if anyone wants it before then? The route originally posted is near enough right anyway, it still has the various accommodation postcodes to put in and Gairloch wasn't included in it...thats about it though!

Charlie:beerjug:

You could have had a copy of mine but I dun it on rice paper and now I've ate it - just in case we get captured :D

Not long now!!

With only 8 weeks to go come Saturday I just wanted to check that everyone was getting organised ok, and check how you are coming along with sponsors.:augie

I have now officially booked all my hols for 2009 - 2010 for biking adventures:bounce1:bounce1:bounce1

The only thing i'm stuck for is a gps now as I sold mine with a view to buying the new zumo 660 only to be told the release date has now been postponed:blast

Need to be the map I suppose:eek: Anyone know the way:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom