Roads to stand up on

John Armstrong

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
This thread might be more appropiate in the sanguines posts but, the road from Keld to Tan Hill (Oop North from Hawes) must have one of the worst newly laid surfaces on.
They have managed to put a washboard under the recently laid tarmac, which meant it felt a lot safer standing up on the pegs! It might be deliberate, so that the four legged suicide woolen coats either hear you coming or have to slow down so much.

And while I'm whingeing, what are they on with in North Yorks with the spread of double white lines on all the interesting roads eg Gisburn to Long Preston?:confused: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :confused:

John,

If it's any consolation, we (I think anyway) have a worse situation over here in Germany than in North Yorks.

Not far from where I live, the really interesting roads (So called "Bergische Land" have lots of nice hills and curves, with the equivalent of your double white lines, no overtaking signs and, wait for it, a 50 km/h (30 mph) speed limit.

It goes without saying that whenever you're in one of those areas, granny and grandap in their Polo are in front of you doing exactly 48.5 km/h....

To make things worse, there are certain roads (the old, narrow ones that are ideal for a GS) that are closed to bikes. Only cars are allowed to use them.

Whinge, whinge, whinge....:mad:

Back
Top Bottom