France May 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
NCP did the same.... It's quite a fashion trend you seem to have started. It didn't rain on him either.

Ah :augie I did also stop to stick my waterproof liner in while everyone was picking up their peage tickets just to make sure that it was not going to rain.

Gloves were changed back again after the "2nd" :rolleyes: lunch stop.

Nigel

Great trip, great scenery, great roads and great company. Many thanks for organising Richard and also Charlie for bringing up the rear! I promise to buy a proper satnav that works for the next trip and to bring spare gloves to change into as this has obviously become the fashion statement. Thanks Tom for helping me pick my bike up after I stupidly forgot to put the sidestand down. Roll on the next one.

It was almost 30 degrees and glorious sunshine in the last couple of days. Now I am back at the office and it's peeing it down with rain :(

Thanks ++

Physiojo and I had a great time as well. I managed to do over 1000 miles as I forgot all our documents and had to back home to get them adding anoth 100:(

The rest of the trip was fantastic. The roads we empty and fast (well most of them) and the company was good. I slept like a log last night.

Jo struggled with the head wind and motrway speeds, but otherwise kept up with the bigger bikes really well. We are planning our next trip now:D:D

Richard, you did an ace job organising the trip and routes and making sure no one got lost. I hope you still had tiem to enjoy the riding.

See you all soon.

Regards,

Path.

My thanks to everyone for coming along on the jaunt.

Hats off to NCP who, prior to going on the one day trip earlier, had never ridden across the water before. To then give us a spirited lead for over 200 miles along the super and often quite technical roads of the Morvan, was a job well done. :thumb2 If a part of the purpose of the two trips was to give someone the confidence to get out and do it.... then it was a success, I hope.

Hats off too, to Jo's parents for asking us to drop by on the way down. A good break on a warm day. :thumb2

My thanks too to Tom for leading us all on day two.....

.....and hats off to everyone else for making it what it was....

Cheers,

Richard

PS Contrary to rumour, I do not know every motorcyclist in northern France. There is still one I have not yet met. ;)

Sorry to deviate slightly from the thread but since returning I have been contacted by Barclaycard who have stopped a number of fraudulent payments against my card for approx £1200. Now this could be coincidence but I have not made any other payments using this card since my return, so perhaps you would do well to check your card payments. The payments have been made to something Palace in India and EMS Direct in USA. At a guess i would suggest the Chunnel Tunnel shops or service station stops as likely fraud stops!
Let me know if you spot anything similar please.

Richard has mentioned to me that his card got cloned, shortly after coming back from the one day jaunt he ran a month or so ago... It may be coincidence, of course....

I've had the same problem with my Barclaycard

The last place I used it was CitiEurope and the Chunnel shop.

I've got into the habit now of phoning Barclaycard immediately I return. Not had a problem since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom