ok!! to put you out of your misery

• Thread starter Deleted Member Mtn
  • Start date

Deleted Member Mtn

sorry everybody... been a bit busy delivering twins today......

Lucy and i have decided to have a bit of a ride out up to John o Groats before we meet Tiffany et al in Lands End... but as we dont want to miss out on the fun and frolics down there in April, we 've decided not to waste time and do it in 24 hours.....

seriously though.... both of us have experienced the traumas of Breast Cancer through both family and friends, as I am sure many of you on the board have, and we would like to do something to help the Breast Cancer Campaign.

the facts are that:-
One woman in nine in the United Kingdom will develop breast cancer during her lifetime.
Each year 41,000 women are newly diagnosed with breast cancer
On average 12,990 women die from breast cancer each year
Britain has one of the highest breast cancer death rates in the world.

so... what we want to is dedicate this ride to Breast Cancer Awareness and hope that you might donate a couple of quid, support us with help.....like buying us a tank of petrol on the way down, putting us up in bonny scotland before we leave...and even just waving at us on the way down to keep us going....

so come on chaps... get yours out for the girls.... and any other girlies who would like to join us... let me or lucy know , and we can make it a big girls night out... be it mostly on the M6 and M5 services, and the odd Little Chef...

p.s. Paul G (BHT) has started the ball rolling by pledging £20

big thanks sweetie xx

Stick me down for a tenner Matron......plus i still owe you a drink :)

Collecting at Princetown???

PS you are doing it Lady Godiva style aren't you????:D

PPS Mike isnt it time you whacked a thread up to tell us how its going?

If you are coming down the A9 Pitlochry will supply some fuel and refreshments and some cash too, will try to arrange photo call at the theatre, let me know if thats what you want.

Pete A.

Who collects the money?!

For those of us who can't make Lands End where do we send donations.

Good luck with the run.

Want to 'Big it up'?

I have some media connections if you want to 'big' the whole thing up.
If your M5'ing it.... I will fill yer up in my manor too!
Thats Chewksbreee in local speak......;)

Mike O said:
$35* from over here, y'all.......

Mike:D

thanks mike xx
are you going to drop it in when you are passing
or do you want me to come over and fetch it xx

Madge I'll contribute a £10 towards your fund. If you are in need of a collection point and banker let me know I will see to it.

Matron and Lucy,

Did not think this issue would be raised on this board. £25 will be donated let me know where to send it.

I have a fund in my late wife's name to focus specifically on the advancement in the care, control and cure of secondary metastises, and also to enhance the delivery of comprehensive care. Her consultant in medical oncology has offered to help identify key areas - when I can get my mind around the issues to mobilise maximum leverage. Breast Cancer Awareness as well as Cancer Research UK are worthy causes and tackle the global issues. But in my experience, over a period of three years, managing the process and the medical profession being challenged to apply their expertise in key areas such as diagnostics, cancer cell genetics and the blocking of growth processes using hormone inhibitors and cell receptor blockers allowed some progress - unfortunatly not enough. The equation is stark - primary breast cancer 90% plus cure rate, secondary metastises palliative care and only a question of when.

Forgive the lengthy background summary, but be assured that any action that combats this dreadful disease for current and future generations of women has my full support.

Wishing you every encouragement in this epic journey.

Regards

AB (Honister)

Thanks to everybody so far who has offered their support and donations. We will let you know asap about where to send the money.

Come on the rest of you its a really really good cause.

Lucy & Matron xx

Oh dear they're getting organised....

Before you now it they'll be setting up a 'Womens Section' :D

Well done Ladies what a great idea for a good cause.:clap :clap :clap

I've got a 10 spot waiting for you just say where you want it. :eyebrow

Matron said:
sorry everybody... been a bit busy delivering twins today......

Lucy and i have decided to have a bit of a ride out up to John o Groats before we meet Tiffany et al in Lands End... but as we dont want to miss out on the fun and frolics down there in April, we 've decided not to waste time and do it in 24 hours.....

so... what we want to is dedicate this ride to Breast Cancer Awareness and hope that you might donate a couple of quid, support us with help.....like buying us a tank of petrol on the way down, putting us up in bonny scotland before we leave...and even just waving at us on the way down to keep us going....

Im in Glasgow, there's two beds and food here and a garage for the bikes for a stop over if its any help

~Stef~

Fight Cancer - Volunteer your PC

Works in the background, I have currently provided 166 days of CPU time to the project.

Get an overview here

http://www.grid.org/projects/cancer/

The Cancer Research Project helps scientists characterise therapeutic targets and identify and assess drug candidates.

The leading participants are Oxford University in the UK and The National Foundation for Cancer Research in the USA.

I'll chuck in a tenner too. Top effort, well done!

Marcus:)

thanks chaps.....

for all of you who are wondering where to send the dosh... theres another thread with the bank details on it for you to send via barclays

the account has my name on it but i wont be using it to buy a new 1200 honest

thanks again chaps......

Back
Top Bottom