Gentlemen's Wee-Kend 5th to 7th June 2009

Rather wordy for 8.30 Sat :)

Have you thought as far ahead as showers and loo's for 30 people?
We can't all piss as we walk around and empty it later :D

He has a point Proff, and I don't mean at the end of his catheter :augie

I mean when he said your taking the piss.........................

Turd Tardis no problem if needed

I fear we are wasting our time. You and me up against the total intransigence of Proff.
Local pub is good, I've no complaints about it as a small (very) village pub and I agree the food is very good.

Perhaps as a compromise at least suggest Betty Cottles as an overspill for those who want camping with showers etc, bunkhouse or full B&B facilities.

Noted and commented on below

If you don't agree, then just feck off you old git!:D

Points noted and heeded.

Lets get a couple of things straight first.
This is meant to be a Airhead WORKSHOP, with a bike or bikes being serviced and tips on common jobs
e.g. the removing of a g/box to lubricate the splines. [ supposed to be done once a year ]
replacing rusty or leaking pushrod tubes
Doing a Full service on a airhead from engine set up to all oils, breathers and filters.
Repairing a stripped thread, or what to do if your g/box drain plug loses it's thread [yes it does happen] a moggy minor diff plug is always in my toolkit in case that happens [taper thread you see ]

I'm hoping to get a well respected purveyor of Parts and service kits to attend with a full range of Airhead bits, new and second hand.

Why it nearly always better to remove airhead exhaust clamps by splitting instead of unscrewing. >> new nut £12.00 :) New thread on exhaust stub £70 plus :(

If time a small ride out on the Saturday evening before a night and meal in MY local pub, which always makes Everyone welcome !

A gentle green lane bimble and/or a run round the ring road of Dartmoor then meet up at Cider press Winkleigh at around mid day. Pub for Sunday dinner for those who wish it.
For those who do not have to get back on Sunday, stay as long as you like :thumb2:thumb2

We can talk Airheads, drink Rum, Beer and Cider etc till the Castrol R runs out of our pores.

My main purpose of this weekend + is to educate and illustrate just how easy [ or hard ] it is to work on and keep your airheads running.
It's about the BIKES with added bimbles for discerning Gentlemen and Ladies.

So in conclusion, being as it will mean my tools, bike lifts, compressor, nail gun [for Sids Head ] being taken to a COVERED 18 meter by 5 meter Barn.
Our Wobblybox well loaded with Tea Coffee and Snacks for the Gutsy buggers amongst us, during the workshop time.
It's going to be based at my place.:rob
The Walk from the pub to my house is 3 minutes.
The walk from Pub to where Wobblybox and the barn are, is 10 minutes max.
If thats too much for Sid and Trippy i'll arrange a Taxi :D

Rob Farmer, Avrolancaster, Kenny, Monk plus other venerable gents will hopefully be passing on there undeniable expertise of these wonderful beasts on to others who have just discovered or rediscovered the Airhead BMW.
Last ones { Basics } are all over 10 years old now:eek
and a lot of us run considerably older ones [ 1980 upwards in g/s 's ]
1950 up in pre g/s types.

Rough timetable would be >> Arrive any time you want Fri, meet and greet either at ours or the pub. Barb will probally do a gallon of Curry or Chili for anyone who wants to partake [usually bloody hot :eek:] GAS BBQ will be available for those who want to burn stuff themselves:rolleyes: Drink:beerjug: Banter:handbag Sleeps:) try to get down workshop/ barn on Saturday for 10 ish. then see how it goes, Evening meal with more banter being compulsory.
People arriving on the Saturday, at anytime will be met and told where we are if we have moved to workshop:thumb2.
This is just a rough draft at the moment, I will listen to ALL sensible ideas.
we HAVE got a Camping field if needed but I can't see that being a problem.
I will also today make enquiries as to who is doing B+B next year in our village
Also if anyone wants to stay at Betty Cottles, not a problem BUT the Workshop and Jollies will be taking place in Exbourne !!!

If anyone wants to arrange a pissup type Rally at Betty Cottles
go ahead.:blast

Yes please

An Airhead workshop ! just what I need.
Camping for one please.
:thumb2

Proff as you say its a rough draft at the moment, numbers are certainly growing so as an alternative for those who would prefer a bimble to see the local countryside rather than attend the workshop why not see if something can be arranged?

Proff as you say its a rough draft at the moment, numbers are certainly growing so as an alternative for those who would prefer a bimble to see the local countryside rather than attend the workshop why not see if something can be arranged?

No Probs, Sid has offered to lead a bimbley geen laney type one :thumb2
I trust you will leave the missus here to learn how to fix the mono tho' :augie:D

Ok you've had enough time, choose the new name and get the thread changed Proff.

Only just found this thread: should be a great weekend :thumb2

Put my name down please :beerjug:

Proff . .

Are you carrying applications over from the aaahhh Section - or do I have to apply again ? :nenau

As before - B&B for me please (but I could bring a tent if required).

Thanks.

Bob.

Is it still on?

Have you banned anyone?

What happens if Tuned buys an Airhead before June, can he have the spare room?

Is it still on?

Have you banned anyone?

What happens if Tuned buys an Airhead before June, can he have the spare room?

Fancy owning a BMW GS and not qualifying as an airhead or a shaftie. I'll take my F800 elsewhere, then!

Ah, shame that, I'm in UK with my oil head that weekend and I would of probably really enjoyed that, but if not welcome I'll pass on it. Does it have to be air head and shaft driven or is just shaft driven enough?

Bastille

Should I throw the tent on the ST and head out west then?

Is that R80 ST?

This is the first year running this event so we are unsure of how it will turn out. If it proves to be a success then we might open it up to all in future years.

It is principally designed to be an airhead workshop, with demonstrations of servicing an airhead from simple oil changes right up to engine gearbox removals. I imagine that might be a bit boring for an oilhead owner but perhaps not? Secondly, it is a social event for airhead owners to compare notes, swap ideas, drink too much and talk total bollox.:D

Sid

Back
Top Bottom