Gentlemen's Wee-Kend 5th to 7th June 2009

So any make of bike as long as it's air cooled but no other GS riders allowed? :confused:

So any make of bike as long as it's air cooled but no other GS riders allowed? :confused:

No. you are not quite correct..........
Requirements are >>
Shaft drive.
Aircooled Horizontally opposed twin.
BMW or a derivative eg URAL Dneiper. etc.

Guzzis cos them are just Beemers with Pert Boobies :)

Mainly because it's a workshop meeting, we need to be able to repair these antique motorcycles without computers :rob cos there's no place to plug one into..
Also they have C A R B U R E T T O R S not new fangled injectors..
Also be whipping a g/box off and other easy [ when you know how ] jobs..

No use at all to you computerised modern GS riders :)

{ I KNOW ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT OILHEAD OR CHAINGANG BMW's { apart from what oil}so it's a waste of time asking me..
BUT I've had Airheads on the road since 1972}

Space is at a premium and this is the first such event, lets see how this goes and maybe next year :bounce1:bounce1 try and educate you MODERN GS riders into the intricacies of the old school BEEMERS :)

If it's that important to you, borrow or buy a cheap airhead of Fleabay and we'll be glad to see you :thumb2

You can even Van or Trailer it down, as long as you have one in your company ....

Fancy owning a BMW GS and not qualifying as an airhead or a shaftie. I'll take my F800 elsewhere, then!

8 posts between them:rolleyes: I smell a wind up..:augie:augie

SO Feck off ya bastuds :redbonetype to some fecker who gives a toss+

No. you are not quite correct..........
Requirements are >>
Shaft drive.
Aircooled Horizontally opposed twin.
BMW or a derivative eg URAL Dneiper. etc.

Guzzis cos them are just Beemers with Pert Boobies :)

Mainly because it's a workshop meeting, we need to be able to repair these antique motorcycles without computers :rob cos there's no place to plug one into..
Also they have C A R B U R E T T O R S not new fangled injectors..
Also be whipping a g/box off and other easy [ when you know how ] jobs..

No use at all to you computerised modern GS riders :)

{ I KNOW ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT OILHEAD OR CHAINGANG BMW's { apart from what oil}so it's a waste of time asking me..
BUT I've had Airheads on the road since 1972}

Space is at a premium and this is the first such event, lets see how this goes and maybe next year :bounce1:bounce1 try and educate you MODERN GS riders into the intricacies of the old school BEEMERS :)

If it's that important to you, borrow or buy a cheap airhead of Fleabay and we'll be glad to see you :thumb2

You can even Van or Trailer it down, as long as you have one in your company ....

You tell 'em Proff...we are all right behind :thumb2

feckin' :ymca wannabees can go and play in tesco car park :D

:trippy

Is there another type of ST airhead then?:D

she could also do with having the push rod tubes and seals changed, I could bring them along if someone fancies showing me how to do it?

That is exactly the response we need :thumb2:thumb2:thumb2
Yup I'll show you, and you can do a set of mine then :D:D:D

You want Stainless tubes or normal ??
I'll get the orders in soon to Sherlocks :bow:bow

You really do deserve your Smilie ya wa nker
:trippy

You cheeky old duffer, I'm coming down next friday to check some tracks :thumb2

I'm booking mine in for the three oils and a filter change saturday afternoon.
Valves if you have time (chance to see my fancy one piece rockers).

Can I bring my box of bits for someone to put back together for me.:eek:

Oh and the frame needs stoving:D

Suffice to say the RS won't be finished in time for the event.
Can I come on the oil head to gain much required valuable experience.

I will grab some stainless ones, what else do I need to order to do this job? I am guessing a top end gasket set, does that come with pushrod seals? and will one of the people going have a drift to knock them home, or do I need to buy one of those too?:confused:

I will grab some stainless ones, what else do I need to order to do this job? I am guessing a top end gasket set, does that come with pushrod seals? and will one of the people going have a drift to knock them home, or do I need to buy one of those too?:confused:

I'm hoping one of the Gurus will bring his drift :thumb2
when you buy the tubes they sometimes come with the seals otherwise they should ask :augie waste of time fitting new tubes on old seals :rolleyes:
yup top gasket set :thumb2
Oil and filters will be available :thumb2

Blimey you guys are brave:eek:

...pushrod tubes - biggish job ( ensure your exhaust headers are loosened up etc etc)

...full gasket set plus all ( three ) O rings each side and new gudgeon pin circlips ( X 2 ) plus new pushrod tubes......glad I'll be at the pub if I go !!!:augie

Oh and a heat gun is a must !!

Blimey you guys are brave:eek:

...pushrod tubes - biggish job ( ensure your exhaust headers are loosened up etc etc)

...full gasket set plus all ( three ) O rings each side and new gudgeon pin circlips ( X 2 ) plus new pushrod tubes......glad I'll be at the pub if I go !!!:augie

Oh and a heat gun is a must !!

Got feck off big chisel to deal with exhaust nuts :D
Pack yours and Tarkas tools Kenny :thumb

I've been told that if Syco can't make it, i'll get to bring Camille :JB

I have put a plan in place (I know he's my brother but some things are worth the sacrifice :D:D:D).

Back
Top Bottom