Morocco in February

AdventureMan

I am planning a trip to Morocco in February. But I am a little worried about the weather conditions and how much the time of year will affect my possibilities to choose where I want to go.
My plan is to start in Spain and have a two weeks roundtrip.

Has anyone done a trip in February before? Where you limited in any way?

Any information will be much appreciated.

I've been in Morocco several times in Jan/Feb and it's a great time of year. The weather in Morocco can be unpredictable, but generally speaking you should expect cold nights and early mornings, then warming up with the sun to maybe over 20c, then getting chilly again after 3:30pm. It's warmer further south.

There can be snow in the Middle Atlas and High Atlas though the major roads are cleared very quickly if this happens.

Tim

I've been trail riding in the Atlas during January. Great time of year to go, not too hot further south, riding in the snow was no problem on the trails at high altitude, as the energy expended tends to keep you warm. Problem is that it can be cold riding in France and Northern Spain, especially central Spain.

Done Morocco in Feb. As Tim says there can be huge range of temps from mid-day to night. Allow for hot at mid-day to sub-zero at night. Take a few thin layers then easy to adjust.

Back
Top Bottom