Visa Waiver

Sgt Bilco

Dream Maker
Mod Squad
Reaction score
New Visa Waiver rules for the USA...ESTA

For those who haven`t been to the USA before, us Brits are eligible for a Visa Waiver which means we can travel to the US for no more than 90 days. You would normally fill out this Visa Waiver form on the flight out and it would be processed at US Immigration.

As from 12th January, these rules have changed and you have to apply on line at least 72 hours before departure.

Please don`t forget because knowing the US Immigration as I do, they will refuse entry and send you home on the next plane:eek:

Details here; http://www.usembassy.org.uk/

Any problems, let me know:thumb

Useful info, thanks. Hope you don't mind, but I've copied this and posted it to another forum I frequent.

yeah, the system has been available for a few months, pity they didn't inform the immigration staff at LAX who had no idea wtf i was showing them or trying to explain I'd filled in online, prepare for even longer waits in the land of the queue.

I've printed my ESTA form and will have it with me, I take it, someone will know that I've done the on-line thing....:nenau

We were in the Sates in February. Took print outs of the form but was never asked for them, Immigration was only interested in the green card which you still have to fill in on the flight.

Check with your airline as you may have yet another form to fill in with all the same info which they might want to see at the check in. KLM did but yet again we were not asked for it.

That ESTA thing is just too quick to come back approved, theres no way they could check me out that fast!:augie

Anyway it's done!

Nearly as much done as Aidan, any flights sorted yet mate?:aidan

Insurance this week, are we up to 10 yet for rebate?

Seem to be having some glitches getting the dates agreed to and sorted out - lost count how many e-mails that have gone to and fro now. Seems that Jasmine now longer works for that firm, p'raps we were too much for her?!

Sure it'll get sorted out but this might be the reason why the rebates haven't started yet...
:)

Faxing mine off in the morning to Cynthia. Hopefully it will all go according to plan. :)

Back
Top Bottom