Who else keeps thier pride and joy outside

fozziegsa

Reaction score
I have been reading a few posts recently and noticed that quite a few, like me, have to keep thier pride and joy outside.

With reagrds to weather protection, what product/tips have you got to keeping it as pristine as possible.

Fozziegsa.

mmmmmm GARAGE!:drool

I have been reading a few posts recently and noticed that quite a few, like me, have to keep thier pride and joy outside.

With reagrds to weather protection, what product/tips have you got to keeping it as pristine as possible.

Fozziegsa.

mmmmmm GARAGE!:drool

outside.....:eek:

Nice heated garage, on carpet, pluged into the optimate, sleeps till may !!!:p

:hide

My wife's car stays outside - my pride and joy is toasty in my garage :D
Sometimes has to share with the rabbit (in hutch) when its Brrrrr outside :thumb2

I have to keep mine outside. Over night it lives under a Motrax bike cover, which fits like a glove, and does a good job at keeping it protected. The bike cover goes inside during the day when the bike and I are at work to dry off any condensation. A Mammoth lock and chain keep it securely locked to a telegraph pole and regular doses of ACF50 are doing a good job of stopping the rot.

I've learnt through bitter experience that any damage to the powder coating needs to be addressed before any water gets near it.

The bike looks terrible with the dirt stuck to the ACF50 but comes up a treat after a good wash.

Living outside.

My bike lives outside, I lock it up in my Dads garage while the roads are salty, but it stays outside for the rest of the year. Last year I just washed it a handful of times during the year but this wasn’t enough. I had a few problems with things corroding up, and things that were adjustable suddenly tightened up. So this year I am just leaving it covered in ACF 50 all year round, and I’ll see how that works. The only other thing I do is put a rain cover on it at night.

Ian.

My bikes have always lived outside. The bike i have just sold to Chad lived outside, but was covered up fairly often.

When they were used day in day out i always used ACF50, and at night if i remembered i would put a big canvas bike cover over them. But to be honest, i never usually remembered to.

My bikes have always lived outside. The bike i have just sold to Chad lived outside, but was covered up fairly often.

When they were used day in day out i always used ACF50, and at night if i remembered i would put a big canvas bike cover over them. But to be honest, i never usually remembered to.
:eek::eek::eek:

get out of town you kept that bike in the living room go on admit it:D:D:D:D:D

well shes tucked up nice and snug in the garage on the carpet next to the beer fridge listening to the radio:aidan:aidan:aidanone happy GSA:beerjug:

Mine's never spent a night under cover. I used to put a cover over it but found that often it would sweat. It is liberally coated with ACF-50 though.
(Picture taken 5 minutes ago)

Attachments

• IMG_4730.jpg
    IMG_4730.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 709
Outside, no cover, and not on an optimate 'cos I'm convinced they fekk batteries up ;)
(Just read the number of threads on it :eek:)

It's a fekking off road motorcycle FFS :blast

Outside, no cover, and not on an optimate 'cos I'm convinced they fekk batteries up ;)
(Just read the number of threads on it :eek:)

It's a fekking off road motorcycle FFS :blast

yeah:rolleyes:

Ive had my GS for 7 years, same battery, its really Fecked it up big time:rolleyes:

Ive got a garage, but ill leave it out on the road. :rolleyes:

Typical shite reply Bill :comfort

Look, my first post for a while and you've got me going all ready !!:D

Mines on the street in the middle of leicester, no cover, no alarm... :augie

Protected by liberal & often coatings of shite from the construction site i work at... the largest sewer treatment works in europe...

*when i said shite.. i meant shite!*

who wants to do a service on my bike? :augie

Fantastic replies, ACF50 looks like the best stuff to buy.

I swear the other week, a couple got a bit saucy over my XJR1300 there were used condoms dotted around the bike. I knew i should have covered it over.:bow

Top reply fanum, i will stop worrying so much about things. Geesh.

I have had to get the wall at the front of the house made shorter to get the bikes in, they are getting too heavy to keep lifting the back end round whilst i try and hold it up right from the rear. (needs pictures really):blagblah

Fozziegsa

Last edited:
yeah:rolleyes:

Ive had my GS for 7 years, same battery, its really Fecked it up big time:rolleyes:

Ive got a garage, but ill leave it out on the road. :rolleyes:

Typical shite reply Bill :comfort

Look, my first post for a while and you've got me going all ready !!:D

Why are you getting your panties in a twist Nigel??

It's nice that you've got a garage.......well done......

I haven't, so I've got no choice....why does that make you so angry? :nenau

Do a search of dead batteries here and see how many report that they have their battery on an optimate.....you may have been lucky, that's nice........but why does what I think about the damage that optimates may or may not do do make you so angry? :nenau

You not getting enough or something?? :nenau

Your teddy's on the floor mate...you wanna go pick it up before it gets too cold?? :)

Why are you getting your panties in a twist Nigel??

It's nice that you've got a garage.......well done......

I haven't, so I've got no choice....why does that make you so angry? :nenau

Do a search of dead batteries here and see how many report that they have their battery on an optimate.....you may have been lucky, that's nice........but why does what I think about the damage that optimates may or may not do do make you so angry? :nenau

You not getting enough or something?? :nenau

Your teddy's on the floor mate...you wanna go pick it up before it gets too cold?? :)

Angry:nenau
Bill:comfort
I want a cuddle:D

Back
Top Bottom