Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: So which tent

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Blog Entries
    Ha! Funnily enough I watched this and a couple of other videos on YouTube yesterday to see where I could improve things.
    To be fair my 40 minute attempt was my 1st go, including making sure all the bits were there, figuring out which was the front end and which was the back, trotting backwards and forwards to read the instructions at each step and laughing at ny ineptitude with my neighbour who was watching from his garden with much amusement. I shall have another go today, tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday, weather permitting, and see how much I can reduce the time by.

I have to say I'm delighted with the tent, it's much bigger than it looks even on the videos.

Blog Entries
    Well it's taken some practice but I finally got the time down to about 20 minutes, from unpacking to ready to use.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Timaloy View Post
    Well it's taken some practice but I'be finally got set io time down to about 20 minutes, from unpacking to ready to use.
    Well done Bill

I have had a Lone Rider tent for a few years and it takes me around 20 mins. to erect. My Vango Omega 350 which i prefer over the Lone Rider takes me about 15 mins. to erect. Great tent

Quote Originally Posted by UturnTony View Post
    Well done Bill

I have had a Lone Rider tent for a few years and it takes me around 20 mins. to erect. My Vango Omega 350 which i prefer over the Lone Rider takes me about 15 mins. to erect. Great tent
    I had an eqinox 350 for years; fantastic tent; and just about bomb proof; It was one of a handfull of tents still standing after horrendous couple of days at the TT one year. It met its death at the paws of a very boisterous staffie after i lent it to my lad a few years ago. I think the omega was the replacement for it.

Bought an MSR Hubba Hubba back in 2008 for a trip across Europe over the Alps, around Greece and back. Have been using it since on various camping trips on my F650 gs, but never in extreme conditions. At around 2 kg and a small pack size it fits neatly in my panniers. With a fine mesh inner and two entrances on both opposite sides that can be left open at the same time, it allows a draft through, and can be used in hot climates. The inner can be used on it's own. Two porch areas accomodate boots and panniers. It's mostly free standing, only the vestibules need to be pegged out, so can be picked up and moved around the campsite once erected.
    Only now after 13 years I noticed the seam tape disintegrating and the odd drip coming through. I will seal these shortly with Seam Grip. As good as this tent is, I wouldnt trust this in very strong winds. The normal set up is inner first, not good in the rain, but I figured a way to set up with outer first.

Blog Entries
    Update on the Lone Rider tent.
    I had an issue with the 1st one they sent. It ripped when I was putting it up the 2nd time, undoubtedly partly down to my ham-fistedness but also IMO a design flaw in the tent itself.
    I contacted Lone Rider & there was absolutely no issue at all - they replaced the outer FOC & were very apologetic. They didn't need the damaged outer back so I put it up yesterday to see how it would cope with the heavy rain that was forecast. And boy did it rain, we must have had a month's worth of rain in 20 minutes, it was absolutely siling down but the inside of the tent was bone dry, not a drop of water inside even the porch area - no small achievement.
    I slept in the tent last night & was very impressed. I know I've said it before but the size & space is excellent, much bigger than I expected.
    So overall I would say I'm delighted both with the tent & the customer service.

6,000 HH earning it's keep on our outwell family tent.

Bought a Slumit Gobi 3 tent last year for a trip to the Alps. Really quick to set up and take down. Packs small enough to fit in a bag over the pillion seat. Loads of room, well made and a really good price. Perfect for me as I only occasionally go 'tenting'.

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233