Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: Stoves

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    depending on the size of the holes in the bottom of the stove you might need to get a bit of steel mesh to stop the pellets dropping out the bottom.
    Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

I have the MSA XGK model bought around 10years ago.
    The problem I am having is that it keeps cutting out as it seems the pressure is too high even when on low and blows itself out. Could be the small o'ring in the pump.
    A GOAL is an end toward which some specific effort is directed!
    Go forth and prosper!

I use the trangia or a jetboil depending on where I'm going etc....

Sales on everywhere at outdoor stores this week.
    Just bought a lightweight gas stove for backup.
    Go forth and prosper!

Firebox stoves, trangia or d/f colemans. Also recently got some solostoves which are nice & the bonfire ornamental fire-pit is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by CPL View Post
    Crusader set... Stove, bottle, cup, lid, all in one tiny package..... For one, or two people.
    Got a 1ltr gillie kettle with a pan support for when there's a few of us.
    Just showing the Gilly Kettle being made on ITV4 Made in Britain [ S01 E09] seems real old school way of doing engineering these days with spinning aluminium plates by hand
    Caution : May stop suddenly

I have a couple of the Optimus 'boxed' stoves. The 7R is almost mint and a lovely little stove but I doubt I shall get to use it now. The older one is the 111 and it needs a clean, the box is a bit 'smokey'. Both work fine though and burn with that reassuring jet engine roar and a nice blue flame! I like the fact the fuel is self contained all within the housing and you can fit your eating irons in there too.

Top tip for the Coleman 442 feather /and sportster 533 petrol stoves. After reading that the generator maybe well be fooked, as it was carboned up, i read up and was told that Mr Muscle oven cleaner works a treat,I just couldnt work out how to get the damn stuff inside the generator tube. I tried Brake cleaner but it didnt help much.So moving on,you remove the super thin wire from inside the generator tube from the valve end,and pull that wire through one of those silver pot cleaners several times, that gets all the carbon off. Get a 25mil syringe and pull out the piston, squirt some mr muscle oven cleaner into the syringe, it will start expanding quickly like squirty foam,then ram the piston back into the syringe, and inject the syringe into the valve end initially of the generator tube, then also into the jet end and then back into the valve end and try and force it through. Then leave it for an hour in a plastic pot with the generator end downwards.I used some brake cleaner to wash out the mr muscle, followed by a blast of compressed air.Ive just fired it up and tbh its like new, id forgotten how red the ring burns, its phenominal.I'll strip it again tomorrow and wash the fuel tank with Meths and give it a proper going over and service, TBH its the first love its had in ten years,and only failed for sunday mornings tea at the dent camp, so i wasnt cheesed off with it,If it had failed whilst cooking a full steak dinner on saturday night id have been majorly pissed off.Atb Pauly.

Trangia 27.
    Bought ‘used’ on eBay for £20 and used first time last weekend.
    Amazing .
    Surprised how fast it boils or cooks without an internal pressure force. Sturdy on grass and simple construction and/or function. The gas cooker will now take 2nd place as back up.
    Only the fuel stove which is stored inside the kettle and trying to close off the flame cap is the minor downside.

Sent from Steve's fancy iPad using Tapatalk
    Go forth and prosper!

With the high cost of proprietary camping fuels on the market, I found this bio fuel to run on my Trangia at B&Q. Should last the year.

Go forth and prosper!

getting away with it so far! Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugged Path View Post
    Trangia 27.
    Bought ‘used’ on eBay for £20 and used first time last weekend.
    Amazing .
    Surprised how fast it boils or cooks without an internal pressure force. Sturdy on grass and simple construction and/or function. The gas cooker will now take 2nd place as back up.
    Only the fuel stove which is stored inside the kettle and trying to close off the flame cap is the minor downside.
    There's a technique to it using the pan grip. Also, on that note, buy a spare pan grip as one can get hot if you're holding the frying pan for a considerable time!!

Saw the video and copied it. Have an MSR handle as well when closing off flame.
    Thanks for the input

Go forth and prosper!

Meths is available at a similar price

£7.00 at Toolstation, here, they will deliver too.
    Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Ridgemonkey, quad connect stoves.

Join two together to run two (independently adjustable) stoves from one camping gas bottle.

Well made and stable.

Genius.

https://ridgemonkey.co.uk/product/qu...stove-full-set

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    + 3 (i think for the dragon fly)

I know its sad, but saw someone putting their trangia together on the camp site, so let them light it and put the kettle on...

Then I started assembling my dragon fly... Needless to say I was enjoying a cuppa before they had even boiled their water.

Very quick, but with the dual control allows you to simmer on it...

Even cooked ratatouille on it in France

The dragonfly is really the only MSR designed for cooking on, the others are all mainly designed to boil water quickly or turn snow into boiling water. The Dragonfly is the only one with really controllable cooking ability, had one for years.
    Have to say I now use the primus multi fuel as it will burn just about any fuel depending on what jet you have in it.
    ''Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men''

www.thektmforum.com for all your ktm needs

Quote Originally Posted by Orinoco View Post
    Cool, we've got a cats and use that wood pellet stuff for them, will give it a go, cheers
    I do not think your cat will burn so well

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast