5. Mrs & Mrs Pugs
6. Eddie990 (if on dry land)
7. Andy_E[/quote]
8. Sniffy (just saturday)
9. Craig[/quote]
10. ktmmark
11.big al
12 Hunter Fri eve 5-6.00 pm Sat Sun

Its looking like a meal at Horsehoe Saturday ,fish and chips Friday to accomodate different arrival times. The offer of the car to pub is great for Saturday.

will try to book the camp site friday /saturday later today
can you put us both down for the meal :beerjug:

They are saying they are full BUT if you quote the names of others they can squeeze us all together.

Stott.
Martin.
Beach.

I have just recieved this from Bill.I just do not know what to do?I'm just so sick and fed up,i dont know what to suggest.There are nice riding roads around Scarborough but will it be worth a weekend out i dunno?I do not want to cause any trouble for anyone.

Hi there Andrew,

A bit of bad news, I went to ride the proposed route last night, and I could not belive the number of prohibition notices that have gone up!, there are also some new gates. I am afraid that it is going to be a none starter, with the number of bike proposed.

The notices warn of legal action against motorcycles using what I belive to be public roads, but the forestry commision think otherwise. The only crumb is that I will be in Nortallerton in the near future and I am going to County Hall to check the legality of the notices. I have also spoken to a policeman who is a mate, and he is going to make enquiries, but as of this moment, the ride out would be far too risky.

Bil
l

The unfortunate news

Well I didn't expect this news. Bill's feeling that it's a nongoer, I feel are correct (Ref Notices and gates). At this stage I feel 40% for going to ride round the local roads. I thnk we should offer alternatives What I am not sure. If we all give it to this weekend and let it sink in.

A couple of things spring to mind so I thought I'd throw them into the ring now as I'm travelling for the next couple of days and won't have much internet access if any until the weekend.

1. A purely road ride. I'm happy to look at putting a route together over and around the moors over the next few days.

2. Use another GSer-tested route. There's a ride report here that's in the right area, that might make a worthy substitute and I'll post on the thread to see if I can get the route.

3. Look at Rudland Rigg (assuming that's not one of the closed routes). Not very technical but could be combined with a decent road ride to make a good day out.

Everybody,I just dont know anymore i'm just so stressed with everything at the moment i cannot get my head around it.It wont matter what i decide it will be a cockup everything i touch is.I was just so looking forward to this at best now it will be a ride around Rydale if we can be bothered.Whats everyones thoughts.
Folkbiker I will give you a ring in a bit OK?

AndyE how soon could you work somthing out?Its been a while since i rode around that area and most of the roads I cannot remember.I know there is a nice one running down Hole of horcum way or was its rough surface,grass in the middle but cars used it ok.But its been 10 years since i lived that way.

Calm down dear, it's only a non-commercial rideout.

Quit stressing Karnevil, all is not yet lost! I ran a trail ride around the moors last Easter, the report is on here somewhere. I can lead an entirely legal off-road route on the Saturday no problem, the trails are generally pretty easy but I can throw in some trickier stuff if people are up for it.

ride report here, probably won't do first muddy looking lane so don't worry.
http://www.bmwgs.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1033&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45

If anyone is interested I'm doing a similar route on Saturday (6th June) with the TRF lot, let me know if you want to come for a look see.

Have a drink, it usually works for me!

Cheers all,

Paul

At least Karnevil moved of his bum and propsed a ride Good on him

I think the offer of Hull traily is great, there are a couple of tracks I want explore if we all put two pennerth in it will be good. SO ITS STILL ON GREAT!!!!! GREAT!!!!!!!
I might join Huilltraily on Sat if you can give at start point and time, please. Not certain but will try.

No problem, we are meeting at the southern end of Rudland Rigg at 10am, there's a bit of a layby where a couple of the lads are leaving their vans. If you don't know where that is I can meet you at the petrol station in Pickering at 9.20.

Cheers,

Paul

Hulltrailly.Thanks for the offer.
I have just been on the phone with Folkbiker and we have thrashed out a totally roadlegal,scenic,and doable even with a pillion run around 100miles on th north York moors.
We will meet at Levisham Rail Crossing at 9am for a 9:30 ride off Saturday Morning.

Thanks to Nigel this is still a goer.Thanks to all or your understanding too!

How many are we going to tell the pub to expet for evening meal Saturday?

Cut and paste to a list here please.

1.Karnevil.
etc

Attachments

• langdale meet.jpg
    langdale meet.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 218
How many are we going to tell the pub to expet for evening meal Saturday?

Cut and paste to a list here please.

1.Karnevil.
2.Hunter
etc

They are saying they are full BUT if you quote the names of others they can squeeze us all together.

Stott.
Martin.
Beach.

Can anyone who has booked on the campsite make sure they told them you are with the gsers, as i booked today no problem. but said a lot of bikes have booked but only me + one other said they are with the gsers
can you put me +1 for the saturday meal
It's nice up there so any ride out will be good :thumb

How many are we going to tell the pub to expet for evening meal Saturday

Sandra and I are booked already for the evening meal, but it would be good if we could be added to the group

Stu