Who's coming?

So she's essentialy said "What would you like to do for your birthday weekend?" (7th June)

Me "Well, there's this event on the ukGSer's forum I'd quite like to attend"

SWMBO *huff*

Can anyone explain to me how wanting to do what I love doing mostest on the one weekend of the year that's supposed to be my treat can end up upsetting her??:nenau

I know she doesn't ride and doesn't ride pillion but come on!! If there's one weekend where I should be allowed to go out and play then surely this one's it?:blast

Remind me to tell you about my 40th birthday weekend. :blast

Well if this is the official thread I'll be there :thumb

Is cottaging an option yet? :augie :ymca

PD MOT'ed Saturday Roger:thumb2 mot man did say the head lamp is shite but i let it pass cos it's you:augie must have a look at it he said it seemed to work back to front:nenau will look in the week.:D Lyn.

Bring her with you.
Atlantic Village shopping is just up the road from venue...
You know what you might be on to something there.....I can sell it like this...

Me:"Hi darling I've been thinking about your birthday next year"
Her: (dripping suspicion) "oh?"
Me: "Well remember how last month I arranged for our friends to come to that nice restaurant and when we got there, I'd already been in earlier that day blowing up balloons for the table and putting party hats and daft toys for everyone on the table, oh and the cake and the special candles and everything..."
Her: "Yes"
Me: "...and how you asked for a book from the Richard and Judy 2009 list and I bought you all of them"
Her: "Yes"
Me: "..and how I arranged for your sister *who does my head in* to come and stay with us as a surprise for the weekend"
Me: "and how you didn't have to lift a finger all weekend and I fed the pair of you and cleaned after you both?"
Her: "what do you want?"
Me: "Just wondering what to do next year"

Then the day after...

Me: "Hi darling"
Her: "Hiya"
Me: "How about we go away camping with the dogs for my birthday"
Her: "Yeah that sounds cool"
Me: "nice and cheap isn't it"
Me: "I was thinking about taking my bike"
Me: "We could go to one of the events on the ukGSer's forum actually as there's a couple that weekend, one oop Norf and one in the west country"
Me: "What do you reckon?"
Her: "Or you could just go yourself and we'll do something together when we get back?"
Me: "ok cool"

Right that's how it'll have to play out..

:blast

Why can't I just say

"Look Pet, it's my birthday you get your way 363 other days of the year so I'm off with some tossers to talk boll0x about bikes all weekend."

:nenau

"Look Pet, it's my birthday you get your way 363 other days of the year so I'm off with some tossers to talk boll0x about bikes all weekend."

:nenau

WorkyTicket, just a quick question. Do you have an BMW airhead as well as your 1200? :D

I`m orf that wee kend....so may just put an appearance in. :augie

Only 5 minutes left of Happy Hour in the bar here in Majorca so I´ve just ordered another 4 pints of San Miguel.:beer:

I managed to blag the internet connection much to the displeasure of dozens of chav brats who are reading this post over my shoulder as I type. ¨(

There WILL be B&B available. A near neighbour (about 1 mile walk) is offering B&B at his house up the road. In addition, there is a holiday hotel timeshare apartments place about 5 miles away that might be able to run a shuttle back to my place if people really don´t do camping.

Camping will be good. We have back lawn of approx 500 sq mt which has just been levelled and reseeded. Also have 4 acres of paddock and 10 acres of rough woodland for adventerous. I´m hoping that builders will have also built new toilet and shower room in barn but can´t guarantee that by June. If not, everyone can use house facilities for weekend. ¨)

Just started another pint.:beer:

Plenty of room for everyone. Tarka´s sidecar is especially welcome. I had a great ride once on one of them and still remember it.

If people want offroading, we can have route through woodland providing it has been dry in weeks before. If wet it will be heavy going as proved by Proff who managed to get my 660cc quad stuck. I might be persuaded to let people have a go on the quad if they ask nicely and make a suitable donation to my Callums Road Fundraising pot. ¨) Also available might be a CRF 230, KTM 300EXC, KTM 640 Enduro and Aprilia 240 Trials.

I´ve managed to hire a GS here in Majorca albeit that it is erhm a 1200. I bought some bike gear from the local Lidls today as there are some fantastic roads here to enjoy. Ann has threathened to take photos of me on the 12 and post them on here. I told the hire company they should hire out airheads as it would reduce their costs but he just looked at me as if I was strange.

Just started another pint.:beer:

Better log off soon or the chavs will knife me if I don´t let them on soon.

Cheers

Sid

A few are waiting to see what Sids managed to arrange for the Hard Core B+Bers :D
He's not back till weekend :(

Oh, go on then, stick me down for a place :rob

(And hello again all, first post for a while..... oooohh look, new smilies!!! :blagblah :drool :toungincheek :tarka :ugg :trippy )

Crapaud
Proff
Bill-H
VAL. H.
Brassmonkey001
Geriatric Germ
Voyager
Trippy
BAKERMAN
Bustupbiker
Thunder
Abrasion
Devon
Tarka
Bakerlonglegs

:cool:

Anymore?

Found another internet cafe up the road. Weather here is awful. Raining and windy, had to cancel scuba diving today.:( I don´t suppose I´ll get much sypathy.

Is that list above all we have coming? I was hoping for many more than that.

Perhaps we should allow non-airheads and then maybe convert them to the cause?

Sid

(Happy Hour not started yet so still sober).

Not certain yet :(

Off 4 days later for the summer hols in the Dolomites, so trying to work out if it's sensible to bash down then back up the M6 / M5, and then only have a few days to get the bike sorted out.

Maybe if I trailed a magnet behind the bike, I wouldn't have to buy any nuts and bolts from Motorworks etc :)

Back
Top Bottom