Proposed Byway closure (partial) Byway 73 Froncysyllte, Llangollen area.

did anyone else get a letter from Wrexham council about this lane this week. its very positive considering I had lost all hope.

Yep, I got the DMMO notification this week, recorded mail.
So, for now it looks like our efforts have paid off, the byway has been acknowledged by the Welsh Govt and recorded correctly on the Definative Map as so. There is also a slight adjustment of the route, being a 60m diversion at the South-Western end where it joins the Glyn Ceiriog to Chirk high road. We have no problem with this.
Also I believe that the ROW Officer at WBCC is going to persue this and try another means to make a closure, ironic that the process has just made a DMMO yet he wants to again try a TRO, wasting more tax payer's money.
If you look at the map enclosed you can see that the byway runs over a cliff face and up the other side briefly at the quarry, please do not try this as it's dangerous :D, instead follow the beaten track around.
I have not been to see the byway yet, so not ure if gates or fencing adjustment have been made. Though I believe Knobby was heading out that way on Sunday so hopefully he can comment.

Just got the letter this morning- good news :)

I rang the council this morning to see if the obstruction had been removed but the guy that deals with it is not in.

we went up there today and its still blocked by the fence. the path is a bit close to the edge of the quarry too. not much room for mistake.

Back
Top Bottom