Riding up from the South East

muppix

Reaction score
I'm going to combine this weekend with a re-run of one of my favourite routes up Wales. I know there's a whole bunch of ride-outs being organised, but in order to catch them I'd have to blast straight up after work in the Friday rush-hour, which isn't my favourite way to pass 200 miles.

Alternatively, I could leave home very early on Saturday morning and get there as quick as possible, but I'd still have to take the quickest route and probably wouldn't feel like a ride-out afterwards.

Sunday is likely to be a gentle ride home on major roads with a hangover, so in order to fit some smaller roads and stunning scenery into this weekend of beer and bikes I'm going to:
  1. Cross the Severn Bridge on Friday evening and camp for the night
  2. Ride up some small GS-type roads to Llandovery for lunch
  3. Head towards the west coast and up to Llangollen
  4. Put up tent, stroll to the Hand, drink.
If anybody is coming from the South East and fancies tagging along you'd be very welcome, but it does mean getting to the Hand fairly late on Saturday, probably around 17:00 if, like me, you're putting the tent up at Wern Isaf first.

For sake of completeness I've attached a ZIP containing my route with campsite phone numbers in the waypoints notes.

Looking forward to it ....

Mup.

Attachments

• 090515 Llangollen UKGSer Weekend.zip
    37.9 KB · Views: 182

Back
Top Bottom