Is the forecast putting people off ?

Shugie - contact David James and get a van between you?

Over the past couple of years of offroading in this area, the forecast has been *completely* unreliable when the weather is this changeable.

Van again for you this year Johnny? :D

Naturally:D

I was going to ride the XC over on Friday.................however the kids are doing a amdram of Peter Pan on Friday night and my presence at it................ is non negotiable:nono:wife:wife

So it'll be early doors @ 6am on Sat and the bike in the Van.............ready for Timpo's ride

Staying over on Sat night though:D

Worried by the rain?? they fecked up the forcast for the last two weeks so ime buggered if ime gona let the met office spoil my fun :D
Pissed down for two weeks in Spain last year so two days should be a breeze.
Anyhow what ever happened to the power of possitive thought ??
If you think its gona be crap it will, why not just prepare for the worst and hope for the best.:beer:

It is affecting my decision on which bike to bring :(

I really want to do the trails on my X-Challenge, but the lack of any luggage means I will have to travel there (about 3.5 hours) in my off road gear which is not waterproof or warm. If it is pishing down I will either have to bring the big bike or try to carry everything I need on the little one. A test packing session tonight will make my decision.

Hi Dave, I'm going thru the same debate - the GS is winning at the mo so take yrs & we can pick each other up!

It's not put me off, mind you only there Saturday night as I had no intention of riding around in a big group like a herd of lost Ewans :D

The VW's looking favourite at the moment :thumb

Hi Dave, I'm going thru the same debate - the GS is winning at the mo so take yrs & we can pick each other up!

Ah but you have TKC's on your 1200..........I don't and it will get very messy if it is as wet as the forecast:D

I am going to try and work out a soltuion to take the XC becuase I have been working on getting it ready over the last couple of days. Getting a X-moto seat and a Zumo mount delivered today and fitted bar risers and a screen last night.:thumb2

Ah but you have TKC's on your 1200..........I don't and it will get very messy if it is as wet as the forecast:D

I am going to try and work out a soltuion to take the XC becuase I have been working on getting it ready over the last couple of days. Getting a X-moto seat and a Zumo mount delivered today and fitted bar risers and a screen last night.:thumb2

I am ready to roll :D

My tail pack will take my off-road gear and I will wear my body armour under my Rukka (with it's armout taken out) and my limited clothes will go in a back pack.

Lookin forward to this :thumb2

Hoping to get there for 7 or 8 pm on Friday for a few beers with the regulars then a decent trail ride on Saturday and get sh!t faced on Saturday night :beerjug::beerjug:

Thanks to the 2 people that offered to take my gear and the suggestions for getting my gear there. Top Tosssssssseeeeeeeerrrrrrrs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weather forecast latest is Drizzle, thats the thin kind of rain which for much of the year counts as a nice day up here :thumb2

Stewart

Yep, cant remember many times ive been to sunny wales without there being any rain added in, all good fun and fantastic scenery though, see you all there friday:thumb

ferret

Not many campers bailing out though.
(I just hope my words don't come back to haunt me.):eek:

Hard to tell, it's not as if the campers need to advertise a room they no longer want on here is it?

Forecast now seems much improved, band of heavy rain trundling northwards tomorrow morning, followed by not much more than heavy showers. Might not need my tin tent now.

Back
Top Bottom