If you fancy a night off camping?

Stevo

Reaction score
Here’s an outline of the accommodation I’ve manage to organise for L'Escargot ( Charlie/Ruth) and I.
I hope some of the following information is of use to some of you.

Not all places are next door to the campsites and not all of the hotels may have vacancies.
However, if you are looking for a few nights away from the tent, you may be interested in contacting the below and seeing what they can offer.:thumb

I have no idea whethe rthe accomodation is good, bad or awfull - so if you book up and your stay is cr@p, don't come crying to me:tears

Where possible, I plan to ride with the group and catch up and drink some beers in the evening.:beer:

1st Night (10th) - Mainz Ibis – everyone is sorted:)

2nd night (11th) – Staying in Garmisch as can not locate accommodation in Mittenwald:
Hotel Trifthof
Vera Hergel, Triftstrasse 4, 82467 Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Tel.: 08821/57064, Fax: 08821/79662, Mail: info@hotel-trifthof.de
http://www.hotel-trifthof.de

3rd night (12th) – Trieste (Sistiana) - To Be Confirmed – Trying to stay near camp site, but not too much accommodation in Sistiana.
The campsite does offer cabin/mobile home accommodation though – this could be suitable.

4th & 5th night (13th & 14th) – Split – Staying relatively close to the campers - Villa Plazibat, Ivankova 28, Stobreč.http://www.accommodation-split.net/node/75

6th night (15th) – Zagreb – staying in the accommodation that on the website looks linked to the campsite:
Motel Plitvice Zagreb, Lučko | 10090 Zagreb, Croatia
tel: (+385 1) 6530 444 fax: (+385 1) 6530 445
web: www.motel-plitvice.hr e-mail: motel@motel-plitvice.hr

7th night (16th) – Staying in Vienna City Centre –– and after all as I’m not in Vienna everyday, the city option looks like a good one. Couldn’t find any accommodation next to the campsite
The campsite Wein Camping west has basic accommodation if anyone is interested.

8th night (17th) – Prague – Poshing it up with Bryn :ymca and his buddy’s- Not many rooms left, so anyone interested would need to be quick:
HOTEL SEVEN DAYS - Adress: Žitná 46/572 - 120 00 - Praha 2 - Czech Republic Tel.: +420 222 923 111, Fax +420 222 923 222, GSM +420 777 266 010, e-mail: info@hotelsevendays.com, www.hotelsevendays.com

9th night (18th) – Managed to find accommodation in Colditz – Can’t really recommend anything here – campsite could be the best option.:rob

10th night (19th) - Mainz Ibis – everyone is sorted:)

Stevo, Thanks for the post. I found the temptation of staying in the wonderful hotel in Prague irresistible and have booked in. Hope this is OK with my Camping mates and I understand I may have to cover the deposit on the campsite that night.

I notice you have not mentioned where you are staying in Vienna. I have to say when visiting a large city I fancy the idea of being in the centre. So if there were room I may be tempted with going AWOL from camping again......

Stevo, Thanks for the post. I found the temptation of staying in the wonderful hotel in Prague irresistible and have booked in. Hope this is OK with my Camping mates and I understand I may have to cover the deposit on the campsite that night.

I notice you have not mentioned where you are staying in Vienna. I have to say when visiting a large city I fancy the idea of being in the centre. So if there were room I may be tempted with going AWOL from camping again......

Most of the sites do not require deposits or even a firm booking - they have lots of available space. So if anyone wants to take the hotel option at any time it wont be a problem or a double expense.
Just by coincidence the villa plazibat confirmed yesterday they had at least 5 single rooms available for the two nights in Split.

Hi Drumacoon, Vienna is the only night i'd like to keep exclusive as opposed to inclusive, as it's my wedding anniversary - i'm sure you all get the picture;)

FYI Amateur Boxerman (Charlie) is also booked into a city hotel, where it's easy to walk out to check out the sights ect,ect. i'm sure he'll be along at some stage to pass on the details - or send him a pm.

ATB, Steve:beerjug:

Stevo, fully understand, this is a night you do not want company.

I'll have a further think about Vienna for the moment, and leave the arrangements as they are for now.

For anyone else interested in the Prague Hotel. Booking was easy and they only took a small deposit, with cancellation possible up to 24 hour before arrival.

For the campers, I'll leave the Mainz Campsite arrangements as they stand, where we are pencilled in for both sites Mainz-Laubenheim and City Centre. We can commit to one site once the rest of the arrangements become clear.

Vienna Hotel.

In case youre interested I've booked a double room at the Hotel Congress,Wiedner Gurtel 34,Vienna,1040,Austria.
Cost was 55 Euros (advanced Purchase ) Non refundable.
Not bad eh ?:D :rob

In case youre interested I've booked a double room at the Hotel Congress,Wiedner Gurtel 34,Vienna,1040,Austria.
Cost was 55 Euros (advanced Purchase ) Non refundable.
Not bad eh ?:D :rob

so that comes in at a couple of euros each......bloody good value that and a soft pillow to go with it. Can you ask them to lightly butter my toast for brekky in the morning....cheers

gordo'

so that comes in at a couple of euros each......bloody good value that and a soft pillow to go with it. Can you ask them to lightly butter my toast for brekky in the morning....cheers

gordo'

You want Jam on it you do !!!!!!!!!! :D :rob

Charlie.

Other accomodation possibilities

I told my daughter that I'm now camping on this trip due to the lack of suitable accommodation at many of our stops.

She's a seasoned world traveller, however she likes home comforts when selecting places to stay. (BTW she says 'Croatia Rocks'). Her suggestion is to look at the following site:

http://www.hostelbookers.com/result...tination&intDestinationID=11&intPropertyID=-1

This example is for Croatia but they offer locations throughout the world.

Although advertised as a hostel site, there are loads of private self contained apartments that look very nice and cost about €30 Euro per night. Hostel type accommodation often offers private dorms for say 3 people with own bathroom and air conditioning. Apparently you're also likely to get a good English breakfast at very reasonable prices too.

May be worth thinking about for future trips or a night off camping in a town centre, however may not solve the keeping the group together brief.

Cheers

I told my daughter that I'm now camping on this trip due to the lack of suitable accommodation at many of our stops.

She's a seasoned world traveller, however she likes home comforts when selecting places to stay. (BTW she says 'Croatia Rocks'). Her suggestion is to look at the following site:

http://www.hostelbookers.com/result...tination&intDestinationID=11&intPropertyID=-1

This example is for Croatia but they offer locations throughout the world.

Although advertised as a hostel site, there are loads of private self contained apartments that look very nice and cost about €30 Euro per night. Hostel type accommodation often offers private dorms for say 3 people with own bathroom and air conditioning. Apparently you're also likely to get a good English breakfast at very reasonable prices too.

May be worth thinking about for future trips or a night off camping in a town centre, however may not solve the keeping the group together brief.

Cheers

Also try www.clicksplit.com they have loadsaplaces.

Charlie. (formerly Amateurboxerman ! ):rob

Back
Top Bottom