full size pannier for1150gsa

scrumager

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
just fitted my own *stubby* on the 1150gsa and i would like to fit a ful size pannier on the left hand side. how do i modify the footrest bracket/panier lug to take a full size pannier(bmw system type) .

On my R1150R I bolted a couple of black flat pack connector blocks to the pannier.
This simple method has held fast for the last 20,000 miles.

case3.jpg

Not very pretty but it works.

Another solution I have seen uses a spare left hand side footrest bracket inverted and fitted on the inner side of the subframe, but I think this involves some cutting and grinding of the footrest bracket. By using longer bolts with nuts and some spacers you can keep the original footrest in place.

Hank. :beer::beer::beer:

cheers hank ,lateral thinking, alter the pannier not the bike! i'll be phoning motoworks in the morning to order my new pannier!

Or you do something like this.....

Using the lug that the silencer used to be bolted/supported to/by..

Attachments

• Bracket shots 033.jpg
    Bracket shots 033.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 368
Scrumager.

If you are into a bit of D.I.Y there is no need to buy the complete pannier, I just got the RT back panel from Motorworks. I drilled out the rivets from my original pannier and then riveted the lock assembly and lid onto the RT back panel. Just tell the guys at Motorworks what you are planning to do and they will make sure you get the right parts. I think the part No is 46542317619.

That's what I did too Hank, but I was lucky enough to get one here. :)

Like CC I made my own locating bracket, which is very easy to do yourself. :thumb2

On my R1150R I bolted a couple of black flat pack connector blocks to the pannier.
This simple method has held fast for the last 20,000 miles.

case3.jpg

Not very pretty but it works.

Another solution I have seen uses a spare left hand side footrest bracket inverted and fitted on the inner side of the subframe, but I think this involves some cutting and grinding of the footrest bracket. By using longer bolts with nuts and some spacers you can keep the original footrest in place.

The mans a genius. I actually have a spare rear footrest from an 1150GS to modify and just got the dimensions from CoolCarbon when this method is just so simple. I have some stauff clamps out here on the rig which are perfect for the job:clap:clap

Back
Top Bottom