Klanky's GOTC Rideout?

More than you'd think.

Oop North you've got the following (heading from the North coast down the West side):

Bettyhill
Kyle of Tongue
Durness
Scourie
Lochinver
Ullapool
Lairg (in the middle)

Heading Sooth from Ulllapool

One in between Ullapool and Gairloch (can't remember name of village).That wouldn't be Aultbie would it as closed on Sundays damhikbik :(
Gairloch
Applecross
Loch Carron

Around 30-40 miles in between fuel stations on average.

:thumb2
Sounds like it may be an option. Thanks for the list:thumb2

Shippers,
Looks good to me :thumb, does this mean weill no hae to have a dram the nicht before:augie

One in between Ullapool and Gairloch (can't remember name of village).That wouldn't be Aultbie would it as closed on Sundays damhikbik :(

Fink it is....but they do the best Black Pudding in Christendom in Aultbea - Ritchies of Aultbea......worth running out of fuel for. If you top up in Ullapool, you should have enough* to get to Gairloch anyway.

Shippers,
Looks good to me :thumb, does this mean weill no hae to have a dram the nicht before:augie

Anyone turning up pished will be made to wear Hi-Viz and ride at the back....H&S all the way with me, oppo.

*Fuel, that is...not black pudding.

Is it no in laide????????? Still closed on a Sunday though.....

Is it no in laide????????? Still closed on a Sunday though.....

Err..actually, it could be Laide, I've never paid that much attention when passing through...

Hang on a minute.......there's something fundamentally wrong here.

How come there's a load of Jocks asking an Englishman for directions around the North of Scotland?........What a sad day for Scotlandshire....:augie

Err..actually, it could be Laide, I've never paid that much attention when passing through...

How come there's a load of Jocks asking an Englishman for directions around the North of Scotland?........What a sad day for Scotlandshire....:augie

Don't mention the time at Dunnets heid when 5 Scotsmen laughed at a southern chappie for pointing out Orkney:blast

But I'm English:augie (A white settler);)

If anyone drops out I'll make up the number, either that or I'll just take your route with a few miles of seperation:thumb

or I'll just take your route with a few miles of seperation:thumb

Stalker Alert!!!

Enforcement%20officer%20Colin%20Fish%20b.jpg

Nah, nothing fundamentally wrong there ............... 'tis Laide (Post Office) for sure -but also one at Dundonnel Hotel -Can't say about Sundays though.

Stalker Alert!!!

Oh no Ronno, they're not stalking me are they. You'll rekindle my paranoia:eek:

Must polish my mirrors to be sure that I can see them. When did they start stalking me? How many are there?

Food on Rideout

Just a thought.

Hows about me organising a light lunch in Tongue? Half hour stop maximum.

Coffee/tea and sarnies all round for a few quid (£5-6 per head?)? There's a good hotel/bar that I stop at occasionally called the Craggan at Melness, just outside Tongue.

It's about half way round the route. If anyone would rather explore than eat, there's the old road around the Kyle to explore and a nice road beyond the Hotel you could mooch around whilst we are stuffing ourselves.

What say we?

Food: Yea or nay?

Could be good if the weather is iffy.

Since we'll (well, I know I will) be wanting to eat at least once on the trip then using a place you already know to be good seems like a good idea.

So, food, yea...

...I'll have 2 coffees and 2 sandwiches please. :augie

Tea and sandwiches will go down nearly as quickly as an F800GS in a big hole:D

Yes please for me Klanky:thumb

Back
Top Bottom