Costs

Crapaud

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've had various people asking me about costs for this event so thought a post may be helpful.

First rule is that we are all Gentlemen (or Ladies) and therefore shall be treated as such. We are not Members of Parliament who cannot be trusted not to con and fiddle. All costs/ expenses will be on a 100% "trust your fellow Airheader" basis.

The general principal is that we will not make a charge for anything unless it has cost us money. Therefore there will be no charge for:
  • Camping
  • Use of facilities including toilets, showers, baths, water etc.
  • Use of workshop facilities including use of hydraulic lifts, compressors, tools etc
  • Secure parking.
  • Ride outs/offroading in the woods.:)

Obviously we will have to charge a fair fee for items that we have had to pay for but as said above, this will be on a total trust basis, there will be no tickets/receipts etc. Everything will operate on a Gentlemens honesty system as this is the old fashioned way that Proff and I like to operate. We trust all our fellow Airheaders and don't feel the need to impose rules and regulations.

Items that we be charged for include:

Booze. Proff and I went on a fact finding mission to investigate the suitability of the chosen alcoholic beverage. It was a tough job but somebody had to do it!:) We are getting a 9 gallon (72 pint) barrel of Real Ale from the Beer Engine. We suggest a voluntary contribution of £2 per pint to cover our costs. Any surplus will go to the Calum's Road Charity that I am involved with.
Similarly, with the Winkleigh Cider, we will only cover costs with any surplus to the charity. I guarantee that I will not make a single penny profit from anything, all/any surplus to the charity. There will be an honesty box near the bar and it will be left to trust, in the best Tosser tradtion of trust and respect in your fellow Airheader.

Food. The emphasis is on quality. It will be a decent English breakfast for which we have suggested a £4 contribution. If after having eaten it you think it is worth less, then simply pay what you think it is worth. Can't say fairer than that, and we know we can trust all attendees. Similarly, for the Friday evening Curry and Saturday BBQ we will work out the cost nearer the time once we know final numbers and put a suggested contribution based on our costs.
Tea and Coffee will be available all weekend in house and workshop.:)

Service Items. Proff is liasing with James Sherlock to have them present on the Saturday with a stock of service kits and oil etc. If you have specific needs then please contact Sherlocks direct and make your arrangements. I can even collect bits on the Friday afternoon if needed. Obviously Sherlocks will need paying direct for any bits purchased off them. I don't suppose they will have card reading facilities available so if need be anything can be paid to me and I'll settle up the total with Sherlocks in cash. Whatever is most convenient and easier.

It is difficult to please everyone but I'm trying. I don't want to charge anything I don't have to but equally don't want to be out of pocket on direct expenses.

Hope this clarifies but nothing is cast in stone and I'm open to discussion if anyone has different views.

What a pair of gentlemen tossers...thanks for organising all of this...believe me ( and I think I speak for everyone )...it is REALLY appreciated what you are doing for us:thumb2

ANYONE who dares to even question your prices isn't worthy of attending this bash, I doff my metaphorical cap to all the organisers:bow

Oh, don't forget the single veggie on site :bounce1:beerjug:

:)

Cheers Sid :thumb2
I had an early night yesterday :green gri

Just to clarify one point, if anyone wants something off Sherlocks on the Saturday and he can't do cards on the workshop site , don't worry, Either I or Sid will arrange to pay him and you can either fly a kite to us there or when you get back home.
As Sid has stated above, this whole weekend is done totally on trust and dedication to the Airhead cause.
Hope you all are looking forward to it as much as Me, Sid and our families :thumb2

Hope you all are looking forward to it as much as Me, Sid and our families :thumb2

Oh yes indeedee...

Tent is out for an airing in this fantastic may sunny day, it is already hotter than a hot thing here in the Shires, everything is ready, parts have arrived, all I will need is oil for the R80, and some space to lay my weary head...

:Motomartin :ChrisKelly

Obviously Sherlocks will need paying direct for any bits purchased off them. I don't suppose they will have card reading facilities available so if need be anything can be paid to me and I'll settle up the total with Sherlocks in cash.

Are you saying you yourself have card reading facilities? :confused:

All prices so far seem very fair. I'm already looking forward to the breakfast. :thumb2

Are you saying you yourself have card reading facilities? :confused:

:blast:blast:blast No, we will settle if anyone wants us to, you never know what farkles he may turn up with, then you send us a cheque to cover it when you get home....not everyone travels with a chequebook nowadays........

All prices so far seem very fair. I'm already looking forward to the breakfast. :thumb2

YUMMY :thumb2

see you there :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom