Vignette

Bryn

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Those of you heading down from Mittenwald towards Trieste...

There's a garage near the Austrian border where you'll need to pick up your Austrian Vignette...

It was only 4 euro a couple of years ago, shouldn't have gone up much... but get caught on the motorway without it and it'll cost you a bit more ...;)

We got ours when we went down to Innsbruck.. got flagged down before we got there and the vignette was checked. ( those not aware its a sticker for the screen so its not all bad :))

Great idea keeping off the motorway.. but that's what we planned... we went round a corner and found ourselves on a short stretch of motorway unintentionally, which in Austria is easy to do;)

I'll be getting a vignette but intending to avoid the motorways;)

Great idea keeping off the motorway.. but that's what we planned... we went round a corner and found ourselves on a short stretch of motorway unintentionally, which in Austria is easy to do;)

I'll be getting a vignette but intending to avoid the motorways;)

+1 what he said. We were riding up towards St Anton and over the Arlberg pass and we nearly ended up on the motorway. It is easy to take a wrong turn and then find you cant get off the slip road.

We passed through Austria without the need for a Vignette but on the way home I bought one as there were times where I needed to use motorway around Linz.

I was in Austria last week, in the car :( and a 10 day vignette was only 7 euro.

So I guess a bike one is still around the 4 or 5 euro I paid a couple of years back.

Thanks to Bryn for reminding us of the need for the Vignette. I had the same experience of not getting one, but ending up on a motorway without intending to, got away with it, but it's not worth the hassel.

In this case we are coming back through Austria to Vienna,l so we may need one then anyway. As I remember it you can get one for 10 days for Austria, perfect for us. The price in 2008 for a 10 day bike Vignette was €4.4.

Those of you heading down from Mittenwald towards Trieste...

There's a garage near the Austrian border where you'll need to pick up your Austrian Vignette...

It was only 4 euro a couple of years ago, shouldn't have gone up much... but get caught on the motorway without it and it'll cost you a bit more ...;)

We got ours when we went down to Innsbruck.. got flagged down before we got there and the vignette was checked. ( those not aware its a sticker for the screen so its not all bad :))

:mmmm

Hey Bryn - do they do chips 'n salt at the garage too?

someone had to say it - i'll get me coat

Timmelsjoch

abso. about the vignette, Bryn. You're right...worth buying when the arsehole tightens as you realise you've bollox'd it up and head down the ramp to the motorway.

....great if the intended route goes over the Timmseljoch.....it is a stunner. Superb, wide sweepers going up on the Austrian side...then much narrower going down the Italian side.......brillo

From the top of the Timmseljoch last year:

Chaps, just an update for everyone... this seems as good as any place to post...

Routes are imminent.. just sorted one from Mittenwald to Trieste taking in the Timmseljoch;)

We were down there just a few weeks ago and the vignette is still 4 euros. But you still have to pay tolls too:(

Just so you know.... Countries you're traveling through as follows

France
Belgium
Germany
Austria
Italy
Slovenia
Croatia
Bosnia ( Possibly)
Hungary
Czech Rep

Got enough room for the stickers? :augie

Just do a google search for vignette preceded by the country in question should give an answer......

Hi, not an expert but here's what I know for France, Belgium, Germany Austria, Italy and Croatia, and what my brief Net research this evening has found for Slovenia, Bosnia, Hungary, Czech Rep.

France - No Vignette, and no tolls on the roads to Belgium which we will be using.
Belgium - No Vignette but max speed is 120Km( they come and get you if you are caught, even in other countries. I know!)
Germany - No Vignette or tolls(sometimes no speed limits, but many have 100 or 130km limits)
Austria - Vignette as discussed, 4-5 Euros.
Italy - No Vignette, just tolls on some motorways.
Slovenia - Vignette, latest is they are introducing a 7 day one but not sure when.
Croatia - No Vignette
Bosnia - Not sure. Can find no info on the web about Bosnian Vignettes.
Hungary - e-Vignette for Morotways(no sticker, just car number based)
Czech Rep - Vignette for Motorways.

There may also be charges for the tunnels and passes over the Alps, as for the one discussed between Austria and Italy which can not remenber how to spell.

Not long to go now, hope my tent arrives soon!

Jim

Back
Top Bottom