Routing sent

Everyone's going to think I'm a right pain in the arse, but..........

...the route on the 2nd days ride from Mainz to Mitt.....there's a small issue with Waypoint B21 (the blue flag on the map which is between Donauworth and Augsburg). You can see it below. The red arrows pointing down and up mean it's going to send you in a circle as it takes you off on a slip road and back on the main road going in the opposite direction.....you can be there for years listening to the voice etc.
Simple solution: Delete Waypoint 'B21' and resave your file or atleast be aware of it en-route and ignore what it's telling you.

Thanks for that Bryn, have tried it again but no joy, it's still downloading as expected to the zumo, but then can't be found:confused:, so I'll try your suggestion of posting in the mapsource/zumo section
thanks again

On my recent Europ trip I copied my routes etc onto a seperate card, and cunningly changed the route name from "day 1" to "day 1 sd" so that if I was having problems loading the routes from the card / zumo I could put in the back up card and try to download it form there. The name change helps as then you know it's downloaded the sd version, and not the previous ones.

Just wondering if anybody can help with a problem with my zumo 550, loaded the croatia 09 routing as normal, noticed that day 9/route 9 (prague to colditz) wasn't available in routes. Thought it might be because as this was the last route to load ( as 10 & 11 had loaded after route/day 1) that I'd got to many previous routes saved, but after deleting old surplus routes still couldn't be downloaded either from garmin or sd memory, in fact I made up another route and down loaded this, and that couldn't be found in routes. so I am unable to view any more routes from the zumo, the unit is receiving the data and it is doing all normal procedures, new data found/would you like to manage data/ data successfully imported, but then cannot be found in routes.So basically it seems all downloading procedures are right but with no route available at the end.:confused:
Least I've got the other days routes !:bounce1
Not long now
Brett

chubs...did you manage to resolve this problem. I've just dropped my routes into my 550 and, like you, all seemed good.....with the message along the lines of 'Data successfully imported'. However, when looking in 'routes' I noted there were 3 routes missing !!!! That made me remember that when I was 'importing' routes I noticed 3 files import within seconds (they obviousley didn't make it)....where as all the others took several minutes. I tried importing those 3 routes seperatly and all now OK. The file structure of the zumo is confusing to say the least. I thought the files 'imported' to the zumo came from the SD card but they dont (I took the SD card out and imported a route....I think it went into the GARMIN Drive - GARMIN Directory - GPX Directory and appearded as the TEMP.gpx file, which appears to be over-written everytime you upload a route from the PC to the Zumo....very confusing)

May be worth everyone who's got a zumo to check that the routes they have in 'routes' is the same as what was transferred from the PC to the Zumo.

gordo

..and of course, I'd forgotten that you can opt to send the routes to the SD card from Mapsource. Did you try this, Chubs and try and import it from there....although I realise your problem doesn't seem to involve the importation....just a thought.

On my recent Europ trip I copied my routes etc onto a seperate card, and cunningly changed the route name from "day 1" to "day 1 sd" so that if I was having problems loading the routes from the card / zumo I could put in the back up card and try to download it form there. The name change helps as then you know it's downloaded the sd version, and not the previous ones.

Did you actually do this ? Did it work ?

cheers

gordo'

and how did you 'cunningly' access the SD card from the Zumo ? There doesn't appear to be an option. Did you actually do this ?

I had a sd card with music on, and spare routes, and then a 2nd card with the "sd" labelled routes. When you swap the cards over it'll see the "new" routes and give you the option to import. Best have a play before you go away, and remember there's a limit of 20 routes.

chubs...did you manage to resolve this problem. I've just dropped my routes into my 550 and, like you, all seemed good.....with the message along the lines of 'Data successfully imported'. However, when looking in 'routes' I noted there were 3 routes missing !!!! That made me remember that when I was 'importing' routes I noticed 3 files import within seconds (they obviousley didn't make it)....where as all the others took several minutes. I tried importing those 3 routes seperatly and all now OK. The file structure of the zumo is confusing to say the least. I thought the files 'imported' to the zumo came from the SD card but they dont (I took the SD card out and imported a route....I think it went into the GARMIN Drive - GARMIN Directory - GPX Directory and appearded as the TEMP.gpx file, which appears to be over-written everytime you upload a route from the PC to the Zumo....very confusing)

May be worth everyone who's got a zumo to check that the routes they have in 'routes' is the same as what was transferred from the PC to the Zumo.

gordo

..and of course, I'd forgotten that you can opt to send the routes to the SD card from Mapsource. Did you try this, Chubs and try and import it from there....although I realise your problem doesn't seem to involve the importation....just a thought.

Hi Gordo,
Yes I resolved the problem with my Zumo 550 accepting all the routes, I would like to be able to tell you how and why, but I can't. I did a complete clear of all users data, using the the total reset method, then downloaded the routes again, still no joy. the last route downloaded could never be found (although it appeared to have imported ok), or added afterwards individually either via the gamin memory or sd card, or any other route I tried, it seemed like there was not enough storage space available,(there should be loads spare)Tried resetting numerous times, and then it all just loaded. The only thing I noticed different was when I connected zumo via usb to computer, you get the 'loading all waypoints, routes, etc' message box, this then shows a percentage bar that takes a few moments to get to 100%, when it wasn't working properly, the message box would appear but would go off before the percentage bar appeared, now it's appeared again. Not sure if this was down to bad connections or software problem. I have now downloaded a newer version of operating software from garmin, but this was after it was working ok.
Have added other routes on since, loaded ok. Then deleted all croatia 09 to put your updated version on, and they are all available:thumb2.
At all times (whether successful or not at the end) all the routes went through the normal importing stage, none flashed by so a slightly different problem, although I'm thinking more now a software problem, rather than dodgy connections.
Good job we've got maps.
Brett

I had a sd card with music on, and spare routes, and then a 2nd card with the "sd" labelled routes. When you swap the cards over it'll see the "new" routes and give you the option to import. Best have a play before you go away, and remember there's a limit of 20 routes.

Hey John
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried various sd cards, and different file names.and the data always downloaded onto them ok, the problem came when I tried to import it into routes, in fact it always imported okay, normal procedure (seemed to!!), but then, they coud not be found in routes.

Isn't it 50 routes max?

Hey John
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried various sd cards, and different file names.and the data always downloaded onto them ok, the problem came when I tried to import it into routes, in fact it always imported okay, normal procedure (seemed to!!), but then, they coud not be found in routes.

Isn't it 50 routes max?

When I sent 24, it only showed 20 after the recalculating bit. So got rid of them and only opened up half a dozen at a time, which worked ok.

Hi Gordo,
Yes I resolved the problem with my Zumo 550 accepting all the routes, I would like to be able to tell you how and why, but I can't. I did a complete clear of all users data, using the the total reset method, then downloaded the routes again, still no joy. the last route downloaded could never be found (although it appeared to have imported ok), or added afterwards individually either via the gamin memory or sd card, or any other route I tried, it seemed like there was not enough storage space available,(there should be loads spare)Tried resetting numerous times, and then it all just loaded. The only thing I noticed different was when I connected zumo via usb to computer, you get the 'loading all waypoints, routes, etc' message box, this then shows a percentage bar that takes a few moments to get to 100%, when it wasn't working properly, the message box would appear but would go off before the percentage bar appeared, now it's appeared again. Not sure if this was down to bad connections or software problem. I have now downloaded a newer version of operating software from garmin, but this was after it was working ok.
Have added other routes on since, loaded ok. Then deleted all croatia 09 to put your updated version on, and they are all available:thumb2.
At all times (whether successful or not at the end) all the routes went through the normal importing stage, none flashed by so a slightly different problem, although I'm thinking more now a software problem, rather than dodgy connections.
Good job we've got maps.
Brett

OK, mate....as long as your sorted. I noticed in the GPS section, there's a wiki page devoted to the 550 with a section on known bugs and guess what..................it seems there's a bug which sometimes prevents a large number of routes being imported correctly. It recommends small batches of routes being 'imported'. When reading through, I discovered a problem I had last month as down to another known bug............my track log was duplicating itself....which meant my memory was being eaten up needlessly.

cheers

g

Routing all uploaded onto Garmin - just trying to update the maps to version NT2010 (not nessecary but giving it a go)

FYI - for the uninitiated of you, that didn't attend Italia 08, you may notice a waypoint called 'Flash Point', just outside the Calais ferry terminal.
This is not where you stop and pull your twat suit down to 'flash' unsuspecting english tourists leaving the ferry:eek:
This is where we all stop to pick up a very quiet gut called Flash of the Gap - (honestly, he's very sedate, you won't even notice he's joined the trip.:augie)

Just thought I'd let you know, just incase you were wondering and thought you'd keep on riding past the waypoint:rob

See you all next week:beerjug::beerjug:

Stevo

Stevo, I assume there is a typo in this sentence;-

"This is where we all stop to pick up a very quiet gut called Flash of the Gap..."

Or is this in some way linked to the Imodium discussion in another thread...

Anyway good to have someone else joining us....

Stevo, I assume there is a typo in this sentence;-

"This is where we all stop to pick up a very quiet gut called Flash of the Gap..."

Or is this in some way linked to the Imodium discussion in another thread...

Anyway good to have someone else joining us....

Not a typo ... I have a photo but Flash paid me good money never to show it:D

Can I just mention that the name of the prison camp we are staying in Germany is COLDITZ AND NOT COLD TITS as mentioned in the Name Box.:ronno

Back
Top Bottom