New date

Right then...

I piked out of the 2009 do (to my regret :( ), have you room for a tall one in 2010?

Ta. :beerjug:

.... and a better road sign leading to the bash, please ( I'd hate to lose Thunder again ) :augie

Edit:- Sid, you'll still be a hostage in Gambia so could you mention the road sign request to proff :thumb2

Hope the drive is sorted, Thunder had a nasty fall into the gutter last time:D

I'll try to get along to this event - do I have to book, and what about camping ? Sure I can find a couple of things to do to the PD .
Bikes and curry -ideal !

No need to pre-book Roger.

Much nearer the time we will want an indication of numbers to sort out catering etc. We'll order more beer next time despite Kenny telling us it had run out on first night there was still some left on Sunday.

Plenty of room for camping on back lawn. Recently had new extention on house so facilities will include use of hot showers etc. I've even had a disabled bathroom built to allow for the more elderly and frail Airheaders.

No need to pre-book Roger.

Plenty of room for camping on back lawn. Recently had new extention on house so facilities will include use of hot showers etc. I've even had a disabled bathroom built to allow for the more elderly and frail Airheaders.

Hmmmm... if I could only spell colostomy-bags..... I'll need a place for the pipe & slippers too.:D

For the Elucidation of the Uninitiated

Dear Monsieur Crapaud,

I see you are advertising a Gentlemen's Weekend in Devon. Splendid.

Being an interested party, but unaware of the format and spirit of said event, I was wondering if you could kindly elaborate on what is involved? Jolly kind of you.

Pip, pip

Explorer

I've even installeded a facility to empty their bags.

Plenty of rume for all attendees.

Rume? Did you say Rume?

jacques_clouseau.PNG

Dear Monsieur Crapaud,

I see you are advertising a Gentlemen's Weekend in Devon. Splendid.

Being an interested party, but unaware of the format and spirit of said event, I was wondering if you could kindly elaborate on what is involved? Jolly kind of you.

Pip, pip

Explorer

Best I refer to Brassmonkey's recent picture set to show you:

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2154767&posted=1#post2154767

Basically, its a fantastic social weekend for Airheads. The requirement is that its an aircooled four stroke boxer twin. Anything goes so we even allowed Tarka to bring his Urinal sidecar as it met the specs.

It is primary meant to be a workshop weekend. We have full facilities to do any work on any Airhead. We have the tools, equipment and most importantly the expertise at your disposal. It is not a simple "free service", you are supposed to do the work yourself but supervised by many Airhead gurus. Last year we had the greatest concentration of Airhead knowledge and experience every gathered together under one roof I think.

If you need parts or service items before hand, we have an arrangement with James Sherlocks (who are just down the road) to suppy everything we need in advance.

There is excellent food and drink laid on. Locally brewed beer and cider and food home cooked with all local Devon produce.

Despite even having a Scouser pressent, we operate on a complete trust basis, you just pay for whatever you consume based on your own honesty. The prices are kept keen (£2 per pint for the finest beer and cider) and any surplus at the end is donated to charity.

Camping is available free of charge with use of showers and toilets. Limited B&B accommodation is available nearby.

You can arrive anytime from the Thursday night and stay until Monday morning. Friday night is curry night and Saturday is BBQ with top quality local meats. As the pictures from last year show, it is also "party time".

We also have 12 acres of woodland for the more adventurous to play off-road either on GS, pogo or quad.:)

Campervans and cars with bikes on trailers behind are also welcome.

I think that covers it but please ask if you want any more detail.

Look under past events and that should give you a flavour of the event. I think everyone that attended last years event wants to come back for more.

Prices of Airheads will rise as this event approaches.

Best I refer to Brassmonkey's recent picture set to show you:

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2154767&posted=1#post2154767

Basically, its a fantastic social weekend for Airheads. The requirement is that its an aircooled four stroke boxer twin. Anything goes so we even allowed Tarka to bring his Urinal sidecar as it met the specs.

It is primary meant to be a workshop weekend. We have full facilities to do any work on any Airhead. We have the tools, equipment and most importantly the expertise at your disposal. It is not a simple "free service", you are supposed to do the work yourself but supervised by many Airhead gurus. Last year we had the greatest concentration of Airhead knowledge and experience every gathered together under one roof I think.

If you need parts or service items before hand, we have an arrangement with James Sherlocks (who are just down the road) to suppy everything we need in advance.

There is excellent food and drink laid on. Locally brewed beer and cider and food home cooked with all local Devon produce.

Despite even having a Scouser pressent, we operate on a complete trust basis, you just pay for whatever you consume based on your own honesty. The prices are kept keen (£2 per pint for the finest beer and cider) and any surplus at the end is donated to charity.

Camping is available free of charge with use of showers and toilets. Limited B&B accommodation is available nearby.

You can arrive anytime from the Thursday night and stay until Monday morning. Friday night is curry night and Saturday is BBQ with top quality local meats. As the pictures from last year show, it is also "party time".

We also have 12 acres of woodland for the more adventurous to play off-road either on GS, pogo or quad.:)

Campervans and cars with bikes on trailers behind are also welcome.

I think that covers it but please ask if you want any more detail.

Look under past events and that should give you a flavour of the event. I think everyone that attended last years event wants to come back for more.

Prices of Airheads will rise as this event approaches.

I'm sold; jeez are you a sales person? :thumb

The pogos sound a bit worrying! :ymca I've seen the pics

Mon Cher Monsieur Crapaud,

That was a fantastic and clear response to the request for info. Merci beaucoup.

Sadly je n'avais pas un airhead machine.

Have une tres bonne weekend and j'espere que le soleil shines on all of you.

Avec mes felicitations,

Explorer

I'll be coming, on my R100GS I think.
I've bought a Rob Farmer re-conned gearbox which I would like to put in it, and a new clutch while I'm at it.
My recently purchased R60 combo still sits in my barn, awaiting an inspection by the DVLA. None of the numbers seem to match, and it could end up as an R69 :blast (the stamped chassis number would seem to suggest this), although the engine number comes from an R68 :nenau
Slopping around in sandels the other day I thought I'd kick it over - bad mistake as the large bruise on my ankle from the sidecar attachment interface suggests, but the pronounced limp ( L I M P , pronounced 'limp') is now almost indetectable.

Back
Top Bottom