Breakfast in the bunkhouse?

G.C.

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
What's the Hampden ?
I had assumed that it would be the usual bunkhouse routine with some self catering facilities.
Their confirmation e-mail says “bed and breakfast.” :nenau
Breakfast in the hotel was superb, but came at a cost.
Should I just bring some Oysters. :augie

What's the Hampden ?
I had assumed that it would be the usual bunkhouse routine with some self catering facilities.
Their confirmation e-mail says “bed and breakfast.” :nenau
Breakfast in the hotel was superb, but came at a cost.
Should I just bring some Oysters. :augie

I went next door and had some fresh carrots and spring vegetables off Rab's carpet :thumb2

I think you'll find that the "breakfast" will set you back an additional £12.50. I didn't explore the facilities for making yer own TBH. A bacon roll where we met you and Kathleen did the bizz.

That's what I though but the e-mail says £20 pppn Bed and Breakfast.
I've e-mailed them back but it will probably take a few days for them to respond and as its quite soon I wanted to know now. :D
Probably a typo, is there cooking facilities?

That's what I though but the e-mail says £20 pppn Bed and Breakfast.
I've e-mailed them back but it will probably take a few days for them to respond and as its quite soon I wanted to know now. :D
Probably a typo, is there cooking facilities?

Let me know what the reply says cos the email I've got with the original booking details is £15pppn for B/H (same as this year). Wid be great if they'll do us a brekkie for an additional fiver but somehow I think it must be a typo.

We were quoted 15 quid a night (each) and I asked about a kitchen, nothing there, shame
She said you can bring a kettle but not insured for cooking
So may as well bring the oysters :thumb

Chippy open early?:augie

We were quoted 15 quid a night (each) and I asked about a kitchen, nothing there, shame

Or a wee stove in the carpark would do the job given the perfect weather, only needs to fry some bacon

Or a wee stove in the carpark would do the job given the perfect weather, only needs to fry some bacon

Does that mean yous wur quoted £30 a night (each) then? :confused:

:hide

No,15 for me, 15 for her and 15 for the dodgy keyboard :augie

Must be brekkie in that lot somewhere

Dear Ashley.

Further to our conversation I can confirm that a clubhouse single room with shared bathroom facilities has been booked for you on the nights of 4, 5 and 6 June 2010. The bed and breakfast rate will be £18 per night.

We look forward to seeing you again next year and wish you a safe journey to Ullapool when the time comes.

PS,
Alison says hi

Yours sincerely

Helen Turcekova

Head Receptionist

Dear Ashley.
:blagblah:blagblah:blagblah

Ash can you do me a favour and either remove the picture of that young lady from the bottom of your posts or direct her to myself:green gri

By the way looks like I will be working for GOTC next year as I go back on the 3rd June.

Don't worry about breakfasts as the mountaineering/outdoor shop about 25 yeards down the road has a cafe above that does all day breakfasts for £5-95 with tea or coffee and they are great:thumb2

Ash can you do me a favour and either remove the picture of that young lady from the bottom of your posts or direct her to myself:green gri

By the way looks like I will be working for GOTC next year as I go back on the 3rd June.

Don't worry about breakfasts as the mountaineering/outdoor shop about 25 yeards down the road has a cafe above that does all day breakfasts for £5-95 with tea or coffee and they are great:thumb2

pretty aint she.:drool ;)

Good brekkies also available just around the corner at the entrance to the campsite. Opens at 9:00, good nosh.:thumb2

Also another good caff doing brekky about 100yds in the opposite direction.:thumb2

Good brekkies also available just around the corner at the entrance to the campsite. Opens at 9:00, good nosh.:thumb2

Also another good caff doing brekky about 100yds in the opposite direction.:thumb2

Nae doobt but it's hardly answering the Q that this thread is aboot :blast

Get back tae yer taxis :rob

I've emailed the hotel and await them clarifying this. :reynolds It's a bit confusing.

I'm hoping that it's Bede and Breakfast for 18 quid :spl1f:

+1 for the Caff......They took ages to serve us but the grub was worth the wait, even though Clitboy bowked at his Bacon Snarler ( Friggin lightweight):blast

A reply from the ceilidhplace.

Apologies for that, it is room only at £15 per person, I believe Effie our manager agreed a group rate for you. A cooked 'hotel' breakfast as you had before with all the trimmings can be booked the night before for 12.50 each (so we can have a table ready) and charged to your room.Otherwise a cafe breakfast is available from 9am

I was gettin confused (yea, again :blast) with the various rates being quoted. The group rate seems to clarify things.
Breakfast options seem to be plentyfull :thumb2
Glad thats sorted, I can relax now :D

A reply from the ceilidhplace.

I was gettin confused (yea, again :blast) with the various rates being quoted. The group rate seems to clarify things.
Breakfast options seem to be plentyfull :thumb2
Glad thats sorted, I can relax now :D

Clarify things? £15 plus £12.50 is neither £20 or £18 which is what you and Ash were quoted. I still don't understand where they got those figures from. I realise that £15 is the group rate.

I think we'll go with it being 15 quid pppn and if anyone wants to pay £12.50 for their breakfast, contact the hotel and book. :beerjug:

Yip, that’s how I understand it now, £15 bed only.
I was quoted £20 pppn for the double room Ash £18 for a single, this is before the group rate was applied.

Squeezy cheese and biscuits anyone.

Ash, which one was Alison? I know her brother and was supposed to say hello.

Yip, that’s how I understand it now, £15 bed only.
I was quoted £20 pppn for the double room Ash £18 for a single, this is before the group rate was applied.

Ah! That makes sense now. You should get a job there and answer their emails. Saves a load of confusion :thumb2

Seems like I am moving Rigs again in the New Year which means a shift change that gets me back onshore the day before so I will now be in attendance:clap:clap
I'll book a bed soon - probably the bunk house if still available as its top value:eek:onyack

AndyT:cool:

Back
Top Bottom