More important stuff

Bryn

Mod Squad
Reaction score
ROUTING!!

Chaps, Gordo has looked through the routes and there are a few issues that have now been addressed;) It is due to dropping a waypoint flag onto a seemingly innocent bit of road, which is actually a dual carriageway, and the programme wanting us to turn round to get to the flag, which inadvertently was plonked on the wrong carriageway :blast

Ahhh the joy of mapsource:(

Anyway.. they're now sorted so

PLEASE DISCARD THE ROUTING YOU HAVE ALREADY BEEN SENT

This means off your computer and off the GPS:thumb Gordo is sending a revised set of routes that have been checked and as far as we know are ACCURATE

Hope this makes sense:beerjug:

2 weeks to go! :clap:):bounce1:guitarist:JB:ChrisKelly:Motomartin:roll

Bryn, on a completely different subject ................ are there plans to share real names and mobile numbers before the trip?
Or did I miss it?:duno

Will have the revised routing out by late Friday evening at the latest....up early and working till late guys.

gordo

Routing:

OK, I'm about to send out the routes. The only changes I've made are where there were a series of 'get off the motorway and go back on yourself' instructions........and...........because I'm a camper, it's camping biased..ie. it's campsite to campsite. The B&Bers will simply need to bang in the address for the B&B when they get within a stones throw.

It'll be crazy to rely totally on the satnav. Please ensure you have some sort of hardcopy paper mapping and the address of campsite etc and as usual with satnavs...please use some common sense when following the instructions. I haven't travelled many of these roads so cant allow for the satnav telling you to go straight on when in fact it's a one way road against you etc. I'm sure there'll be some such obstacle en-route.

As Bryn said, delete all the files loaded on the PC and Satnav before you install the replacement files: Please let me know if you dont receive your copy.

Think that's about it: I'm happy to fend any questions for those on the Croatian route....Bryn's looking after those en-route to Poland.

have fun

gordo

Thanks Gordo,

It looks like a good fix - saves a whole lotta km's.

I'll be loading it onto the sat nav on monday - i'm sure it'll be fine.

Beers all round in Mainz me thinks:beerjug:

Can't wait to get going now.:moped:

New routes in and well ready

Note to myself! I must get more euros, I owe drinks to many people, Bryn, Stevo, David, Jim, Gordo, Ken, to name a few :beer::beer::beer:. A big thanks to everybody who has been working towards making this a great trip!:clap
:beerjug:
Brett

Back
Top Bottom