Back for the rugby rideout

Mr K

Reaction score
Saturday morning:

So, "Loomies" is apparently a "biker" meeting place www.loomies.co.uk and a mere handful of scenic miles from the 'raost.

Ride there, have a breakfast or whatever, check out the bikes and stuff... and ride back to watch the rugby and have a small Babycham?

Not challenging nor meant to be, just a chance to line your stomach for the aftrenoon/evenings' "festivities" and maybe go somewhere you've not been before.

Meet about 10:00 at a place onsite at the rugby club, to be decided?

This is the route recommended by Bakes:

Attachments

• Loomies.gdb
    14.9 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Sounds great but according to my mapsource using your route 'loomies' has moved a long way from the Meon Valley where it used to be:nenau

It will still be a nice ride out though, but its a bit further than 12 miles I think:augie

Shep

Just a mo'...

:type

EDIT Sorry it's a colossal 30 miles.

Attachments

• Hogroast.gdb
    70.7 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Just a mo'...

:type

EDIT Sorry it's a colossal 30 miles.

You could do a nice circular route with some nice roads if you went

Pig Bash
Wherwell
Winchester
Loomies
Alton
Basingstoke
Overton
Whitchurch
Andover
Bar:beer:

Shep

You could do a nice circular route with some nice roads if you went

Pig Bash
Wherwell
Winchester
Loomies
Alton
Basingstoke
Overton
Whitchurch
Andover
Bar:beer:

Shep

So maybe someone with the knowledge could take the lead after we're fed and watered?

:thumb2

On perpose I only took you too the HILL FARM crossroads as I could n`t be fagged to do the rest for you, but if you read my thread it states that the A272 STARTS there

TOSSER :rolleyes:

Attachments

• A272.gdb
    14.9 KB · Views: 132
On perpose I only took you too the HILL FARM crossroads as I could n`t be fagged to do the rest for you, but if you read my thread it states that the A272 STARTS there

TOSSER :rolleyes:

Backs still hurting then?:D:comfort

Your on a bloody ADVENTURE bike :confused:

Grumpy Tosser!

I was only suggesting someone local took the lead after Loomies as I live a mere 300 miles away and am not intimate with the preferred roads in this area..

:nenau

This is why I stopped organising stuff.

Okay: I do Bake's route as far as it goes, I tell the sat-nag to take me to Loomies. I have whatever passes for the full English in Hampshire, look at bikes, possibly natter a bit and then instruct sat-nag to take me back to the campsite and after freshening-up, I watch the rugby with alcoholic refreshment.

A 60 mile round trip isn't so difficult.

Anyone who cares to join me would be most welcome.

You may wear what you like.

You may illuminate your motorcycle to whatever level of lumens you fell you need to.

Anything I missed?

:pirate

Saturday morning:

So, "Loomies" is apparently a "biker" meeting place www.loomies.co.uk and a mere handful of scenic miles from the 'raost.

Ride there, have a breakfast or whatever, check out the bikes and stuff... and ride back to watch the rugby and have a small Babycham?

Not challenging nor meant to be, just a chance to line your stomach for the aftrenoon/evenings' "festivities" and maybe go somewhere you've not been before.

Meet about 10:00 at a place onsite at the rugby club, to be decided?

This is the route recommended by Bakes:

Chris,

Why mislead the good folk. You know fine well you'll never get on your bike - too busy reccying the pubs:augie:augie:augie

Can you pencil me in please CK.

Its currently a toss up between this one and Steptoes easy lanes (cut short to get back to the rugby at 2pm) but I must admit Loomies "Healthy breakfast" ie a full English breakfast with bacon, egg, sausages, beans etc but with "the fat cut off the bacon" does appeal to me. :D

The last mile or so of the road to HILL FARM CROSSROADS holds to me 3 of the bends B ROAD bends I have ever ridden , whichever way taken.

So you must do them, maybe a few times

Attachments

• A272.gdb
    2.2 KB · Views: 102
I would like to put my name down for this one as well thanks.

I have no extra lights on my bike and don't wear hi viz, I know it's not an issue..but just in case eh.

As your leading this ride Chris I think you should get some 'demands' in now it'll make us all feel like you know what your doing and we're not going to get lost and miss the kick off, 30 miles is a long way for some of us!...well me anyway.

May I also point out that the names you have so far are

Dickieboy-Welsh
Taff?- Welsh (slight clue in the name)
Bigbird-Welsh

Mrs Bigbird will be with me but she's a Scot and they don't count.

I've never heard of any of those blokes Shep listed but Pig Bash sounds a laugh

Pig Bash
Wherwell
Winchester
Loomies
Alton
Basingstoke
Overton
Whitchurch
Andover
Bar

Shep

I've never heard of any of those blokes Shep listed but Pig Bash sounds a laugh

Pig Bash
Wherwell
Winchester
Loomies
Alton
Basingstoke
Overton
Whitchurch
Andover
Bar

Shep

Sorry to tell you but they are all villages on route apart from, Pig Bash, Loomies , Bar and Shep.

Back
Top Bottom