A Moroccan Taster - the video part

Brilliant...well done....glued to it for a whole hour.

When you look back on the scary moments in life it lets you appreciate that life really is for living and gives you a fantastic sense of achievement.

Again..brilliant.

Really want to see these vids but there is nothing there when I open tihe thread, just a big blank white space.....:nenau

Hi guys what a fantastic video, what a fantastic adventure!! Thanks for sharing it!!!!!!!!!!!

Respect........

:thumbInspirational Chris and Pete!! Well done,you've Brightened upa very dreary afternoon!! Looks a great trip,did a similar one myself with wife and 3 kids in a Toyota Landcruiser in 2002 ,The saharah Sky at night is amazing ,and yes we got stuck in the sand too!! It shows it can be done ,and you bond on trips like this like on no other.Defo get it onto a dvd and sell it ,its good Quality ,and some great tracks :thumb2

Good to you too Bill,

Did you notice you made a cameo appearance at the end :D:D or did the DVD end early

Hi,

on my GS there was no damage at all,(well one dent underneath right pannier) i know the video looks like we crasch every 5 minutes but out of maybe 4-5 times i let the bike go, only once was on the rocks :) . the rest happened on sand and at slow speed :)

Good advise - aluminum panniers maybe hevy on the trip like that but they protect well :)

Pete

Awesome video chaps. :clap I know what a ballache it is to keep stopping to film or just take a photograph, but you chaps seem to have great discipline.

Pete - Was there any point in the journey you were cursing the GSA's weight and would you have taken a different bike the second time round? Did you make any mods or just straight out the box.

I can say that the weight of the BMW was a burden halved seeing as though I had to pick the bugger up aswell :D:p

Both bikes were well capable of anything we threw at them, The only limiting factor was the riders which is the case with most of us Amatuers if we are honest.

Alu Panniers, Barkbusters handguards and Bash Plate are the best Mods IMO

quote :

Pete - Was there any point in the journey you were cursing the GSA's weight and would you have taken a different bike the second time round? Did you make any mods or just straight out the box.

Hi tommy,
to be honest, i did once or twice but tha whole weight was full compensated by the capability of GSA. The power, torque, range ,and very easy handling This is simply awesome bike.

If i would pick up something lighter??
It all depends on the way you wanna do it :
If you want to drive all the way and go the easy trails like we did then a big bike is a blessing - keep in mind that 80% of the whole trip is tarmac
But if i would like to go wild on the sand dunnes or tougher trails i would have to take something lighter but that would be like 450 - 500 or max 690 ktm.

As per modifications:
Just TKC tyres, alu boxes, gps, so preety much factory setup. Well i got remus exhaust full system (no Cat) but that just for my ear plesure rather than performance.

So don't worry about the bike and just do it!!!!

I'm off to another project - and is Africa again but this time 4x4!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bamako 2010 here i come :) :) :)

Went to Morocco in March/April. I have to say that these videos are really superb and very well edited.

well done lads made it all come flooding back hay Chris hope to meet you again some time cheers Dai.

Hi Dai,

Longtime no see hope your are well

Yeah we must get together for a little trip away sometime

Chris

Awesome, Inspirational and simply the best report ive ever seen

Go on admit it ... there were a couple of support 4WDs with film crews, Medics & fixers just out of screenshot?;)

:clap:bow:thumb2
Nice one ... as many have already said ... Inspirational ...
great camera work too, considering there were 2 of you ...

Go on admit it ... there were a couple of support 4WDs with film crews, Medics & fixers just out of screenshot?;)

:clap:bow:thumb2
Nice one ... as many have already said ... Inspirational ...
great camera work too, considering there were 2 of you ...

Is this the point where a confession about having Garfield kneeling between his thighs applying first aid after that ford crossing might be made?? :D

Is this the point where a confession about having Garfield kneeling between his thighs applying first aid after that ford crossing might be made?? :D

I am still having trouble sleeping at nights thinking about Garfield rubbing my Inner thigh :eek::ymca

Back
Top Bottom