Meal in Mainz, Friday evening, 20:00

Drumacoon Lad.

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
As I mentioned in an earlier thread I took a flier and booked a restaurant in Mainz for this Friday evening at 20:00.
I called them today and found out that our booking is fine but they are having a Caribbean evening outside
on the terrace, salsa music etc that evening. They offered us the chance of joining in with the buffet and cocktails but I
declined, and said we'd stay with our booking inside with the normal menu. However it sounds like it will
be a bit busier than I expected. I'm OK with the music and it being busy, but if it is a concern to some then
maybe I need to find a different venue.

Address of the restaurant is:-

Proviant-Magazin
Gastronomie GmbH

Schillerstraße 11a
D-55116 Mainz

The Restaurant is about 3/4 of a mile from the Ibis Hotel and about twice that from the campsite. I'm hoping
that the campers will be able to come along, and of course I'm a camper too, but not in Mainz.

From the campsite,
walk North/West towards the large bridge along the footpath by the side of the Rhein. You need to cross at least
one small footbridge. There are steps on the large bridge to get up on to the footpath and over into the city.
Once over the bridge(if not following a GPS) turn right and go up the long wide street Grosse Bleiche, away from the
Rhein until it intersects with Schillerstrasse(about 1/2 mile). There are prettier walks through the old town but Grosse Bleiche is the
most direct route.

I'm hoping as many as possible will come, cos apart from anything else we may have a large cake to eat, but of course
some may have other plans. If anyone does not plan to attend, or is concerned about the Caribbean
evening, let me know on this thread or send me a PM, as time is short to arrange something else for a large
group. Cheers

Thanks for your effort on this one DL:thumb2

Sounds good to me - as long as they have beer:beerjug: i'm sure we'll be fine:)

Oh I hope someone knows the way :blast:nenau

We are off in 20 hours and 10 minutes :JB:clap:tarka

As I mentioned in an earlier thread I took a flier and booked a restaurant in Mainz for this Friday evening at 20:00.
I called them today and found out that our booking is fine but they are having a Caribbean evening outside
on the terrace, salsa music etc that evening. They offered us the chance of joining in with the buffet and cocktails but I
declined, and said we'd stay with our booking inside with the normal menu. However it sounds like it will
be a bit busier than I expected. I'm OK with the music and it being busy, but if it is a concern to some then
maybe I need to find a different venue.

Address of the restaurant is:-

Proviant-Magazin
Gastronomie GmbH

Schillerstraße 11a
D-55116 Mainz

The Restaurant is about 3/4 of a mile from the Ibis Hotel and about twice that from the campsite. I'm hoping
that the campers will be able to come along, and of course I'm a camper too, but not in Mainz.

From the campsite,
walk North/West towards the large bridge along the footpath by the side of the Rhein. You need to cross at least
one small footbridge. There are steps on the large bridge to get up on to the footpath and over into the city.
Once over the bridge(if not following a GPS) turn right and go up the long wide street Grosse Bleiche, away from the
Rhein until it intersects with Schillerstrasse(about 1/2 mile). There are prettier walks through the old town but Grosse Bleiche is the
most direct route.

I'm hoping as many as possible will come, cos apart from anything else we may have a large cake to eat, but of course
some may have other plans. If anyone does not plan to attend, or is concerned about the Caribbean
evening, let me know on this thread or send me a PM, as time is short to arrange something else for a large
group. Cheers

YOU'D ALL BETTER COME,THERES A BLOODY BIG CHOCOLATE CAKE BEING DONE FOR MY MISSUS B'DAY AND THERES A PIECE FOR EVERYONE !!! :rob

SEE YA THERE,CHARLIE.

Back
Top Bottom