Road Ride

POG

Reaction score
There will be a road ride. I've tried to do a map on Google Maps but it's not working when I embed it. I am now knackered so will try again in the morning.

Itinerary...

Leave at 10 am.

Ride via Austwick, Hewlith Bridge, Stainforth, Halton Gill, Hawkswick, Kettlewell, Buckden, Hubberholme and onto Hawes.

Duration 1:15 to 1:30 hrs, depending on progress.

Stop for Pee / Fag / Arse Break / quick Tea/Coffee. Also a chance for people to have a quick visit to the Wensleydale Cheese Factory.

Leave at approx (before) 12.00

Ride via Buttertubs Pass to Thwaite, towards and past Mukker, turn right down Cross Top to Askrigg, sharp left onto Flow Edge all the way to Healaugh, onto Reeth and left onto Arkengarthdale Rd., follow all the way to Tan Hill Inn.

Duration 1:15 to 1:30 hrs, depending on progress.

Lunch Break approx 1 hour.

Leaving TanHill Inn, down to Keld, onto Thwaite, turn right over to Buttertub Pass, down to Hawes, turn right, along A684 to Garsdale Head, turn left onto Coal Road to Cowgill, before Dent left onto Deepdale Lane and follow all the way until nearly A65, turn left for Ingleton, then left onto B6255 to Ribblehead Viaduct.

Duration approx 1:20

Photo Op / Arse Break / Toilets in Hotel.

Return to Campsite via B6429 to Hewlith Bridge, right to Austwick and then to Campsite and The Bar :beerjug:

Will try to sort out the map tomorrow. I haven't got as far as Sat Nav for the bike yet - I like the unpredictability of getting lost ;)

That's a crackin' run Pog - You've got all the good ones in there.

Lunch at Tan Hill - Perfick! Pint of Old Peculier and a packet of crisps.... :drool

If you're not local: This is a damn-good ride. :thumb2

:beer:

Lunch at Tan Hill - Perfick! Pint of Old Peculier and a packet of crisps.... :drool

i am only local when i at home :D:D
do look good run. ;)

There you are:)

You'll need to close the legend, but you get the idea and you can zoom in and out etc, I hope :augie

<IFRAME src="http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Unknown+road&daddr=Unknown+road+to:Unknown+road+to:Hawes+to:Unknown+road+to:Unknown+road+to:Unknown+road+to:Keld,+Richmond,+North+Yorkshire,+UK+(Tan+Hill+Inn)+to:Unknown+road+to:Thornton+Ln+to:Ribblehead,+Ingleton,+Lancashire+LA6,+UK+to:54.191872,-2.343006+to:A65&geocode=FWuTOQMdIOvb_w%3BFcLEOQMdMNrc_w%3BFYmnOgMdeNTe_w%3B%3BFUyRPQMd8pje_w%3BFVghPQMdeozg_w%3BFYcfPgMdzv3h_w%3B%3BFfSxPAMdCX_c_w%3BFeqTOwMdLf3a_w%3B%3B%3BFaKYOQMdiODb_w&hl=en&mra=dpe&mrcr=3&mrsp=11&sz=13&via=1,2,4,5,6,8,9,11&sll=54.182329,-2.305069&sspn=0.083882,0.264187&ie=UTF8&ll=54.287675,-2.312622&spn=0.334672,1.318359&z=11" width=1000 height=1000></IFRAME>

Back
Top Bottom