The Ride Video

Nice little vid' and good choice of music too.........first album I ever bought :thumb2
I do get a little frustrated at the "usual" rock track. Having lived in the States and seen and heard hundreds of the damnable home made movies that are just 12 minutes of a straight road and one west coast soft rock audio pap track, laid down 4 times, I did do a movie for a Horizons Unlimited meet up in British Columbia, that had Ave Maria as the backing track.
I have another that was done to a Chinese version of a Gorilaz song. Blew their goddam yankie minds!!!

So Art of Noise is tame. Apt I hope though.

Yes, twas me. A five thumber vid since I had a feature!

Thanks again Lamble :)

Went to the Mac shop today to see if there was any additional image stabilisation I could use. I'd considered using Motion and setting an image focal point, around which Motion would control the amount of movement. Unfortunately the vibration was too irregular to make this viable. So what you see is the result of I Movie stabilisation, and built in camera stability software.

What it seems to boil down to is properly mounting the camera.

Here's a question...bike noise in or out?

I prefer in, but knocked back most of the time, as I believe it adds realism and I can relate to the engine noise in relation to speed. But does anyone just find it annoying or distracting?

Lambie - Great vid. Out of interest, what camera and mounting system did you make that movie on?

Cheers !

Lambie - Great vid. Out of interest, what camera and mounting system did you make that movie on?

Cheers !

There's a Sony DV (tape) camera doing the front thro' screen shots.
There's a Sony HiDef hard disc camera doing the off bike
There's an IOV POV camera doing the reverse angle shots.

Mountings...front, RAM
Rear...rubber mounted flexible arm that I found in the USA, about two feet long and sturdy enough up to 70mph, when it starts to move on its own accord. It has a ball mounted quick release camera plate on the top.

Produced a rough cut and templated transitions in imovie, then shipped that into Final Cut Pro to balance colour (3 cameras all with different ideas of white balance) and tiffle about with bits. Then used iSquint for compression and dumped it on youtube.

One thing I did wrong...I bought a new winds shield and decided tinted would be nice, however, it creates a stronger reflection from the cockpit plastics:blast. I may need to see if I can elevate the front facing camera, but am aware that extending the lever length will increase he amount of movement. Trial and error, minimal science and a full credit card seem to pay dividends.

IOV POV camera 1.5 is out.

I have the 110 degree 1.1 version and have just knackered it by trying to upload the software that will enable the camera to use 4 and 8 Gb SDHD cards.
Seem to have locked the unit up. Anyone else using the IOV?

The video is still there, just checked so your settings maybe don't allow Youtubes on this site:nenau:nenau

Back
Top Bottom