Off-Road @ Tipperary

Daithi

Reaction score
There will be an off-road run again this year, it will be do-able using Tourances on a GS and while
it will have a few technical bits it will all be very manageable, even the "Special Tests". The run will be
led by Mcivor (Brendan Power) and will start relatively early to avoid bumping into walkers. There
will be a stop for a bite to eat at "Ballyglass Hotel" which will be followed by more fun and games
on the big bikes. If you're interested put up a post so we'll have an idea of the numbers.
Again, to reiterate, this will be a very manageable run, and lots of fun.:D

If yer thinking of doing this run please reply to this thread, so we'll have an idea of numbers coming. :thumb2

Daithi.

You'd do it with yer eyes closed:thumb...... sometimes I do, when it gets scary. :eek:

Is that the school of "if you cant see it, it cant hurt you"?

D'ye think ye'll both make it??

Thats the plan at the moment, so fingers crossed.
:thumb

Can't wait to see everybody, that I havent talked to since Kesh! :natter :beerjug:

Pending planning permission, put me down..

Tourances you say? Hmmm what about battlewings and a dodgy leg? :blast

Think bandy mushy-pees and roady tyres are requirement this year..

The usual suspects !!!

This could have all the makings of a feckin brilliant weekend !!!!:bounce1:bounce1:bounce1

This years run will be very manageable.

not if it's the same as last year:eek

Gary, last years run was a doddle, I don't think anybody fell off their bikes while moving and we all made it back....eventually. :wasntme :D
(Absolute cracker of a day)
This year it promises to be even better fun....the "special test" will make for brilliant photos as will the prize giving ceremony. :beerjug:

Gary, last years run was a doddle, I don't think anybody fell off their bikes while moving and we all made it back....eventually. :wasntme :D
(Absolute cracker of a day)
This year it promises to be even better fun....the "special test" will make for brilliant photos as will the prize giving ceremony. :beerjug:

I agree.. I was on failry worn Tourance EXP's and found it fairly easy going. The wet grass early on was slippy but not too tricky. The rest was very enjoyable. I only heard one person's thoughts that it was a bit tough and he was the only person I remember falling.

Newbies on the way

Hi all
Newbies X 2 looking to go to Tipperary but might not be able to make it down on the Friday night, What time will the off road run kick off on Saturday?

It's usually about 9-30 or 10am John, but I'm sure it will be confirmed over the next couple of days. :)

I agree.. I was on failry worn Tourance EXP's and found it fairly easy going. The wet grass early on was slippy but not too tricky. The rest was very enjoyable. I only heard one person's thoughts that it was a bit tough and he was the only person I remember falling.

The wet grass/muck was all brown trouser time for me.. i really hated it.
The rest was fine for me I really enjoyed it... I remember a few people chickened out and headed back at one of the stops before the end.. Wizard and a few others IIRC.
I'd still say it would have been tight enough going for first timers.
Had it have been dry the day or two before the long grass/mucky section would have been nothing like as butt clenching for me.:D

It's hard to strike a balance for the guys who are serious about their offroad and on smaller or more suited bikes with offroad tyres and others who are pretty much novices on GS's with road tyres.. I think last years was about as fair to both as you could have made it under the conditions... but it wasn't a walk in the park.. well not for me anyway:aidan

My only proper complaint was in the second half of last years was the real feck up of the drop off system and people getting lost... oh and not getting back to the campsite in time to get myself sorted for the evenings events... I'm sure Dave will have that sorted this year:augie

I'm on road tyres this year so i might do it but it all depends on the weather.
last year a few picks
i dropped the bike trying the last Hill... too knackered to try again:D
564911fa.jpg

60a29ed0.jpg

03a37933.jpg

77ded8cf.jpg

bccec9bd.jpg

Click for bigger pic

Back
Top Bottom