The Blackforest Road

Timbo

Reaction score
Travelled this route from Baden-Baden to Freudenstadt a couple of years ago. Shame that I was shagged at then end of a long ride. Travelled it this year by car (shame) and it is beautiful. Rolling countryside, passing lanes and some flowing and sharp corners. There are even some warning signs for cars making them aware of bikes on the route. Highly recommended and the beer at either end is to die for!

Anyone know other good routes in germany as I'm off there next year to do the same and would like to join a few together.

Know the road well having visited it the last two years. Absolutely biking heaven. Have you tried the 294 from Freudenstadt towards Pforzheim? Another super road through forests with some really quick bits. I really think any roads in this area are well worth a visit, they all have something to offer. Can't wait till next spring.........

The "Black Forest Road" (RN500) continues all the down past Freiburg and on towards Zurich. If you're in that vicinity, cross the Rhine and into the Alsace-Lorraine area. Explore the roads running north-south Saverne (west of Strasbourg) to colmar and Mulhouse, over the Col du Bonhomme and the Col de la Schluct . . . excellent GS country. Get there or return via the Ardeches valley (roughly north of Charleville-Mezieres on the France-Luxembourg border.
Simon E.

Think you'll find the Ardeche is towards the S.of France. Just south of Aubenas. However if you are just north of Charleville Mezieres, try the road that follows the river Semoy from "Revin" to Bouillon.

Back
Top Bottom