The Shop

GerryC

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
It's been a busy week and I had no time to say thanks to d'organisers so thanks for everything. It was a close run thing with the weather witch but she got it together on threat of drowning/burning or whatever.
I chickened out of the off road run and headed of with Mr J and many others but he threw in some off road anyhow and it was a great run (I generally don't enjoy riding in groups) it did get lively towards the end of the day.
The bit I remember most was not connected to riding at all (or not in a direct sense). The nod off system saw me marking the junction in the village of Doon.
Things where a it strung out so the bike was parked and the helmet removed. A lady (who had seen better days) emerged from the shop and asked me the usual questions - whats the buzz (not her exact words), where you from, where you going, what about t'other "lads". I told her we were checking out the back roads for no good reason and in essence were frittering away scarce hydrocarbon resources (not my exact words either) for no good reason.
I did not really notice the shop but did engage with the lady while ensuring the smooth passage of my fellow road warriors.
Presently Bakerman (whom I had not previously met - charming chap) stopped as he had concerns about Mrs Bakerman's (charming lady) petrol situation,
He remarked to the lady of the shop "beautiful shop you have here" and then I noticed the shop. It was like something time forgot and was beautiful but not in the conventional sense of that word.
I asked permission to take a picture of her and the shop but it was not forthcoming.
On the Sunday I detoured to Doon on the way home and took the photos as below. I discovered that the lady's name is Aggie and that she does good business and possibly thought me to be a tax man (well that's what the man walking the dog said).

Before showing the photos the really strange thing is that I did not notice the chaotic nature of the shop till an "outsider" drew my attention to it - sometimes "locals" are blind to what surrounds them.
It is time for the photographs and for me to shut up......

Attachments

• Shop  1.jpg
    Shop 1.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 238
  • Shop 2.jpg
    Shop 2.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 227
  • Shop 3.jpg
    Shop 3.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 221
Looking for Gerry in Cork?

Hi Gerry, Dave here briefly met up Fri at Tipp weekender. Had to leave early Saturday morning and didn't get time to get your number to get a job done on my 800gs. Maybe you can email me your contact details and I'll get back to you please? eejit@rocketmail.com

Oh, got some good locations (I think) that you may want for a find'n'seek run sometime. Bye for now. Dave

Back
Top Bottom