Morocco 2010

I hear ya. Like you say, all depends on what kind of experience you're looking for.....Personally, I don't wanna be burdened by having to ride to a town to look for a cheap £10 hotel at the end of a days riding in heat and difficult terrain to sleep in a flea ridden dump. .

Ahh, yes. The burden of finding hotels, The flea ridden dumps. . Prey, Do tell, where do you get your information from . :D

And lets not mention the football sized crowds that appear to watch you erect your tent after you've found the quitest remotest spot to camp :blast

Hi All,
Very interested in a 3 week Morocco tour and March/April is good for me.
Personal preference would be to travel the Plymouth/Santander route and then a scenic roads down through Spain (2 or 3 days). Would also prefer the Morocco road tour route together with hotels as opposed to camping.

maybe interested in this option - although I have a 12 GSA I have limited offroad experience.

Ahh, yes. The burden of finding hotels, The flea ridden dumps. . Prey, Do tell, where do you get your information from . :D

And lets not mention the football sized crowds that appear to watch you erect your tent after you've found the quitest remotest spot to camp :blast

Point taken.....Hotels it is then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D

Put me down for a possible too if there is space. I'm on 1150GSA with some off road experience. I can probably do March. I'll be in southern Spain anyway so could meet at a port.
It will be first trip to Morocco so I'll follow a recommendation.
Cheers
James

Would just like to say though, this is Stefs open invite thread, so it's largely his rules anyway....

Me, rules :D?

The more people want to go the better, just wondering how to coordinate everything and everyone's preferences. I'll happily take on some organisational tasks once we figure out the what, where, who.

We could all start out together and then just break off in to groups when the choice comes to off/on road, hotels or camping.

My prefs:

Camping or hotels - Hotel/occasional camping
Off road or road/compacted road - Mixture off all
Duration - 10-12 days in Moroc
Route - mix of pre determined & whatever looks interesting along the way
Daily mileage - Depends on terrain, could be 20 miles, could be 600.

The more people want to go the better, just wondering how to coordinate everything and everyone's preferences. I'll happily take on some organisational tasks once we figure out the what, where, who.

We could all start out together and then just break off in to groups when the choice comes to off/on road, hotels or camping.

My prefs:

sounds good to me [perhaps a meet up before the event]

I'm in. as long at the end of the day there is :beerjug: :beer:

basic stuff like tyre change points, stop over points daily mileages will be agreed prior so we are all ok with it all ?? looking forward to something different, anyone got a basic warts and all cost (that I will divide by two when letting the wife know)

Sounds like this is all coming together nicely!!:thumb:thumb One decent size group, splitting off for different experiences and meeting up at the end of the day to tell tales and sink a few :D:D

Will there be stickers?:thumb

My main concern right now is getting there. I'm not looking forward to 2/3 days of highways to get to S-Spain (and back!) and time is also a bit of an issue.

If anyone is driving down with a trailer or van and could meet up somewhere in France to load up my bike (I could fly down) please post below :)

Once there I'm sure all can be sorted out. Perhaps we can start by posting "must see" routes and locations? I hear the Dades Gorge is nice.

My main concern right now is getting there. I'm not looking forward to 2/3 days of highways to get to S-Spain (and back!) and time is also a bit of an issue.

If anyone is driving down with a trailer or van and could meet up somewhere in France to load up my bike (I could fly down) please post below :)

Once there I'm sure all can be sorted out. Perhaps we can start by posting "must see" routes and locations? I hear the Dades Gorge is nice.

riding down there is part of the fun,you can do santander-algerciras in 2 days comfortable.

My prefs:

My advice would be not to make any hard and fast rules and just see how you go. Just have an outline of where you want to go and what you want to see and take it from there. Part of the fun of a trip like this is not quite knowing where you will end up and believe me, you will have a better time:thumb

You obviously need a time frame for the trip and a rough route but that's about it. If you plan too hard, it will all go up the wazoo.....!

Oh, 2 days down to Algeceras is no problem especially if you want to see as much of Morrocco as you can. You can always dawdle back up in your own time:thumb

OK, I've looked at costs and time just for getting to Algeciras and back. Bottom line is, it's much of a muchness in terms of money. Probably marginally cheaper by boat from PLymouth to Santander & then ride down. If I do this from Manchester, then I'll leave home on a Wednesday, and be sleeping in Morocco on Friday night. Also means I don't need to worry about changing tyres, so I can leave home with the nobblies on...I think considering fatigue of hour after hour on motorways to get to southern Spain, which isn't much fun, I'll be taking the boat and kicking back in the bar..
:beer::beer: :Motomartin:Motomartin

I'm coming from Brussels ... That's probably over 2000Km

Contact Araspitfire - he lives in holland and rode from home to algerciras in 2 days in november two years ago. :D

And i think he then rode back from morocco to holland in two days.

Depending on where you live in Belgium, you could get the ferry to Dover and then the ferry down to SAntander. Santander to Algeciras is around 800km...

Depending on where you live in Belgium, you could get the ferry to Dover and then the ferry down to SAntander. Santander to Algeciras is around 800km...
The boat normally lands in spain around 11.00hrs. youll find yourself ready to ride off abvout 11.30 that gives you half a days riding through spain. unless you ride through the night it means it will take you one and a half days to get into morocco and with the time differance youll get there around early evening.
this has been my findings on my last two trips.

may also be intrested in joining you all if thats ok. travelling from manchester on a 800gs( if it helps i am also a qualified trauma tech) comes in handy in the remote areas.

Back
Top Bottom