Saturday Off road ride

SkyGod

What Tyre pressure you running
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
We are planning to have 2 groups for the off road ride this year as last year although it was a great day, to have 22 riders on the lanes of Derbyshire in one group is just to many. Its a sure way to get unwelcome attention from the individuals who would have us stop using the trails at all.

Group 1 will be taken by Phil ( Flipfly ) he will be taking ideally no more than 10 for a beginner/occasional laner day that will start at 10am sharp and finish around 1300-1400 depending on how everyone feels.

Group 2 will be taken by myself Gaz (skygod) this will me more of an intermediate group for folk that have been a few times and consider themselves able to handle their machine reasonably well.
All lanes will be suitable for twins as all the recces have been done on one.

This will again start at 10am Prompt and we will aim to get back to the campsite for between 1700-1800 again depending on how the group feels.
For the folk that don`t want a full day of it, you can peel off at anytime( just let someone know, ideally me).

The meeting point for both rides will be in the car park.
10 am means 10am wheels rolling out of the carpark. Make an effort to get there on time as you will be on your own if you cant be arsed.

0945 is ideally when you will be down there as this gives you chance to find out who your going with and to have a final chat about how we plan to run the day.

There will be a fuel stop at some point but please ensure you have enough for about 70 miles as we will all be able to fill up at lunch in one go. As we are out all day we will have a good hour for a lunch break.

Can you add your name to the list so we have an idea of numbers of who wants to go and what group you think would suit you best.

DONT decide to see what the weather is like on the day because if 20 put there name on the list but 40 turn up because its sunny then some will be disappointed as we wont take a group thats too big.

Any questions then do ask.
:thumb

Please put me down for Flip's beginner's group :thumb2

(Will bring extra straps to secure toolkit this time :angel )

Easy group will be taking a ride to the quarry for a little tuition too if that helps :thumb

Looking for a tail end charlie if anyone wants to volunteer. Needs to be someone with moderate experience (if ya fall off at the back you are usually on your own until the rescue party arrives!!).

The air ambulance will be on standby :augie:D:D:D:D

Put my name down in your group Gaz...:thumb2

Do you need a tailender for your group more than happy to help out on the day ???

Group 2 will be taken by myself Gaz (skygod) this will me more of an intermediate group for folk that have been a few times and consider themselves able to handle their machine reasonably well.
All lanes will be suitable for twins as all the recces have been done on one.

Count me in on this 'un Gaz,

Cheers

Paul

i'm in.

i'm happy to go in either group hard or otherwise. Camille can manage most things and fer the really hard stuff i just shut my eyes hang on and let her do the rest.
make me look like an off road god don't yer know:D

I'll take place on the beginner ride if availible...I take it tourance friendly or should be TKCs?

Please put me down for Flip's beginner's group :thumb2

(Will bring extra straps to secure toolkit this time :angel )

Can't make the EM event now, work has intruded (agaaain :rolleyes: ), so there's a place on the beginner's group.

Bugger :blast

I'll take place on the beginner ride if availible...I take it tourance friendly or should be TKCs?

If you fit TKC's you'll have an easier time of it. I know some competent riders that can easily do the lanes on Tourances, a novice may struggle but it's all do-able :thumb

Gary, will your group be an absolute no-go on Tourances? I was relaxed and comfortable on your run last year.

I like a challenge and if it proves too much I can bail out early rather than hold everyone back. If there is a lot of rain in the week prior I'll withdraw anyway.

Picking it 5 or 6 times is OK but after 8 hours riding it may be a different matter:D

Saturday off road

Hey,
Just wondering if the Saturday off road was open to day visitors.
My brother & i are new to the GS world and are looking to get down and dirty.
Should point out that we don't have knobblies on tho.
Thanks
Rob
:beer:

Hey,
Just wondering if the Saturday off road was open to day visitors.
My brother & i are new to the GS world and are looking to get down and dirty.
Should point out that we don't have knobblies on tho.
Thanks
Rob
:beer:

It very much depends on numbers. I'd be happy to take ya out if the numbers are low, but as a newbie, you really would be better with knobblies. If it rains (quite likely!!) then most lanes are tough for someone experienced.
You can give it a go if ya like, but make sure your happy to pick it up a few times :thumb

not trying to put you off, mearly warn ya that it gets wet and slippy:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom