Saturday road ride

MickDB1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have volanteered to run a road ride on Saturday starting after the lads and lasses have departed on the off road ride ( about 1015 ) I am also going to put the route up in mapsorse for those with GPS's that dont want to follow me leader

I am also thinking of running a ride Friday afternoon/eve up to The "Dambuster" lakes KO aroung 1630 for anyone that wants to go
These lakes are not open to traffic on Sat and Sun ( well not all the way to the end anyway )
I will do this in Mapsorse as well hopefully
Both the rides will be on a mix of good swift roads and with some tight single track roads
All Tarmac
Food stop for lunch toilet / fag breaks / photo points
No whingers please
More as I sort it :thumb2
Mick :thumb2

SAT ROAD RUN

you could put me down for the road run also(sat):beerjug:

I have volanteered to run a road ride on Saturday starting after the lads and lasses have departed on the off road ride ( about 1015 ) I am also going to put the route up in mapsorse for those with GPS's that dont want to follow me leader

I am also thinking of running a ride Friday afternoon/eve up to The "Dambuster" lakes KO aroung 1630 for anyone that wants to go
These lakes are not open to traffic on Sat and Sun ( well not all the way to the end anyway )
I will do this in Mapsorse as well hopefully
Both the rides will be on a mix of good swift roads and with some tight single track roads
All Tarmac
Food stop for lunch toilet / fag breaks / photo points
No whingers please
More as I sort it :thumb2
Mick :thumb2

I'm not coming if it's raining, windy, snowing, foggy, sunny etc
Will some one put my bike on the mainstand and then point it in the right direction beore we set off. Don't go too fast as I may fall off and get hurt, don't go too slow either as I may lose ballance and fall over. I don't want the roads to be too narrow in case there's a wide load coming the other way. I don't like duel carriageways as people overtake me. Will there be lot's of wee wee stops as I'm getting on. I don't smoke so I don't want any fag stops unless the smoker is also having a wee at the same time as me. What sort of cafe will we be using? I don't want any foreigners cooking my food in their strange ways, I prefer silver service with a waitress in a black uniform and a frilly pinny but I'm not paying over the odds for it. Will the views be as good as the ones in the good old days, I don't want any modern vehicles or buildings in my photo's, just good old fashioned children in rags suffering from rickets or ringworm. What time will be be getting back as I don't want to miss out on any fun at the campsite. Will security people be keeping an eye on my stuff while we're away? is my parking spot reserved?
I think that about covers it apart from one other thing....I don't like riding with other bikers as it gives me the heebie geebies when the lean their bikes over round corners........there won't be corners will there:eek:

Are you related to Tarka at all:D

I have been busy these last 2 days, 1 day sorting and today riding
I have sorted what I recon is the best rideouttour I have done up to date
SATURDAY TOUR 0945
The first "morning bit" took me 1 1/2 hour at a good tootle
I have, with the assistance of Carl (gasboy) found an exclusive place for light lunch/cream scone/sandwich/etc. This although will be the only food stop, will only be for about 1/2 an hour. We have secured motorcycle access to a well known stately home in the area and have free parking in the grounds aside the resteraunt. I would like to be arriving there just before noon so I will have to bring the start time of the Rideout forward to 0945
There is petrol at around 60 mile from the start - so be having enough fuel at the start
Toilets are at around 50 mile and 85 mile out of the 140 ish trip
Usual drop off system will be in operation, would anyone who is not familier with this find out before KO Sat morning
I am attatching a Mapsorse document in 2009 Version
In it is Friday afternoons ride KO 1600 as well as the Saturday doo
If you want to do the rides yerselves please note that the food and statley home bit is only for the rideout at the set time ( when I get there )
Also if you are doing them please dont KO at the same time as us
If you put this in yer Sat nav just make sure that it works It may offer re-calculations etc. You may be better opening a map and copying it turn for turn in yer own version
Also - If yer with me dont follow yer bloody GPS follow the lads and lasses that should be pointing you the way - I may alter things on the day !!!

More later - as I think of daft answers to some of your forthcoming mails
Dont let this be like last years ride - It was like red arrows starburst
Ive had 35 bikes on a ride and lost none - I aim to do the same with more than that
There Is swift roads narrow roads high roads low roads tunnels bridges sheep
bunnies - Stunning Views and lastly - none of them birks on the off road doo

Attachments

• Friday.gdb
    75.8 KB · Views: 172
  • LUMB 2009.gdb
    106.1 KB · Views: 167
I forgot to add that on Friday's ride I will be stopping for fish and chips at Matock bath or somewhere similar on the way back :thumb2

Attachments

• hornet LF09.jpg
    hornet LF09.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 223
I'm not coming if it's raining, windy, snowing, foggy, sunny etc
Will some one put my bike on the mainstand and then point it in the right direction beore we set off. Don't go too fast as I may fall off and get hurt, don't go too slow either as I may lose ballance and fall over. I don't want the roads to be too narrow in case there's a wide load coming the other way. I don't like duel carriageways as people overtake me. Will there be lot's of wee wee stops as I'm getting on. I don't smoke so I don't want any fag stops unless the smoker is also having a wee at the same time as me. What sort of cafe will we be using? I don't want any foreigners cooking my food in their strange ways, I prefer silver service with a waitress in a black uniform and a frilly pinny but I'm not paying over the odds for it. Will the views be as good as the ones in the good old days, I don't want any modern vehicles or buildings in my photo's, just good old fashioned children in rags suffering from rickets or ringworm. What time will be be getting back as I don't want to miss out on any fun at the campsite. Will security people be keeping an eye on my stuff while we're away? is my parking spot reserved?
I think that about covers it apart from one other thing....I don't like riding with other bikers as it gives me the heebie geebies when the lean their bikes over round corners........there won't be corners will there:eek:

Are you related to Tarka at all:D

I think you forgot NO LOUD SNORERS :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Friday road ride

Hi please count me in ,and zed 2 for friday road ride ,Two bikes :aidan

Put me down for Saturday road ride please:bounce1

May be able to make Fridays too but won't know literally until the day as not sure what time I will escape from work

It will be me running at the back this year, will have my compressor and repair kit handy (just in case) for those who remember last year :eek:

I forgot to add that on Friday's ride I will be stopping for fish and chips at Matock bath or somewhere similar on the way back :thumb2

Lovely bike Mick........!!!! wish I had one like that...ha ha

Back
Top Bottom