See you around Swissers

Magnum

Reaction score
It was a pleasure meeting you all and I hope to do so again soon :)

I won't be found on these forums any more but you all have my contact details :thumb

Yoy and 2WH have more information.

Au revoir :beerjug:

pram.jpg

It is a shame, but I can't say I blame you.

It's a bigger shame - but less of a surprise - that so many have to hide behind a Forum Persona to cover-up their own social and personal inadequacies.

They're nothing better than playground bullies.

It's a sad thing indeed, that so many cliques (that's pronounced 'kleek', dimwits) exist here, and have to play such an important part in their otherwise boring lives.

Anyhow...if wit was sh1t, they'd all die of constipation.

Fack the lot of them.

It's a bigger shame - but less of a surprise - that so many have to hide behind a Forum Persona to cover-up their own social and personal inadequacies.

It's a sad thing indeed, that so many cliques (that's pronounced 'kleek', dimwits) exist here, and have to play such an important part in their otherwise boring lives.

Fack the lot of them.

That's uncalled for. The way I read it, it was a bit of pee taking nothing more. Surely you've been on here long enough to recognise that.

:aidan

Fack the lot of them.

You off too?

I'm sorry to see this. :(
Whereas the organised nature of the trip was not exactly my cup of tea, it's obviously been what quite a few people wanted. The trip seems to have been a great sucess, and I have enjoyed reading about it, both in the planning and reports. I used some of Magnum's route ideas to confirm my own.
I have never met him, but he seems to be a decent bloke.
Mark

Was he a 1200 owner :D

Control freak springs to mind. :nenau

yes he does have a 1200, but he's really not a control freak.

mark's a nice guy who organised a really great trip, which everyone who went on it enjoyed tremendously.

he created 8 great routes around switzerland for us to ride and booked the hotels. riding in a big group was not compulsory, or ever even mooted AFAIK, everyone did their own thing and met up on the road occasionally, and usually for dinner in the evening.
he also taxi'd us to and from his house on the first night for a buffet his wife claire had laid on. organised perhaps, but i'm not complaining. far from it.

however, i don't think the piss taking was anymore than was to be expected here, knowing the nature of the site, which it seems mark was unprepared for, or possibly just unprepared to put up with.

a real shame that another good bloke gone though.

That's uncalled for. The way I read it, it was a bit of pee taking nothing more. Surely you've been on here long enough to recognise that.

:aidan

No, it's not uncalled for. Yes, I recognise that. Partially.

But it's constant.

That's the issue.

I'm up for a laugh along with the rest of like-minded people. But when it's continual deriding of people doing, and wanting to do what they want to do, it's tiresome.

This trip - whilst not exactly stretching the capabilities of the bikes or the people riding them - WAS important to them. Why can't people recognise that and leave it alone?

I admire those that can or will circumnavigate the Earth, but it's not my cup of Veuve Clicquot. Why should others feel a constant need to slate those individual's needs and desires who just want a bit of a civilised adventure on some of the best roads in God's creation, with some of the best people I've met?

What happened to all the waxing lyrical about 'being bikers'? Does it matter where one sleeps? Or what one rides? Or how many pencils I take with me??

I see these snipes as just a cynical means to increase read counts/page hits, to impress sponsors and advertisers.

I'm sorry to see this. :(
Whereas the organised nature of the trip was not exactly my cup of tea, it's obviously been what quite a few people wanted. The trip seems to have been a great sucess, and I have enjoyed reading about it, both in the planning and reports. I used some of Magnum's route ideas to confirm my own.
I have never met him, but he seems to be a decent bloke.
Mark

Thank you. That's exactly the point.

Magnum is a decent bloke, as is/was everyone else on the trip.

No, it's not uncalled for. Yes, I recognise that. Partially.

But it's constant.

That's the issue.

I'm up for a laugh along with the rest of like-minded people. But when it's continual deriding of people doing, and wanting to do what they want to do, it's tiresome.

I think you've taken that too far....:thumb

there was absolutely nothing in this about 'deriding' what people were doing, it was some very gentle mickey taking, the very essence of being in this place. Me more than most :)rolleyes: .....:p) know that you need to develop a thick skin on here quite quick because there are some awfully quick and funny people ready to sort you out....:blast ......this is a classic, you should have just ignored it type situation, I'm sorry that Magnum found the need to 'jump', there's sure to be quite a few folks who will miss his contribution....:beerjug:

Perhaps, Garfield - but like the tinnitus I suffer with, it's a continuous, unwelcome noise.

One big bang is fine. The carpet-bombing is a pain.

appreciate that view....:thumb ......it comes down to different strokes for different folks, a hard one to answer....

You've hit the nail on the head matey boy.

Everyone on here is likely a decent bloke in real life, this place is a place to say things you wouldn't probably say, but maybe think in real life.

its not a big deal, but if you can't handle the piss takes or take them the wrong way or have a laugh back, then its your choice.

This place is what it is - and you are what you are : nenau

Try going to other forums - they're much more sensible, that must be what you're after :thumb

You've hit the nail on the head matey boy.

Everyone on here is likely a decent bloke in real life, this place is a place to say things you wouldn't probably say, but maybe think in real life.

its not a big deal, but if you can't handle the piss takes or take them the wrong way or have a laugh back, then its your choice.

This place is what it is - and you are what you are : nenau

Try going to other forums - they're much more sensible, that must be what you're after :thumb

Matey Boy???

A while in the making but definitely all worth it in the end for those that chose to go along and enjoy it, I see. :thumb2

Hats off to Magnum for a trip that worked on two levels:

(1) A top time for those that went away on the jaunt. Clearly, what it was all about and all that anyone could have wanted for.

(2) Fun for those that sat at home, watching and (from time to time) taking part with banter (whether wanted or not)

What more could anyone want? :clap

Thanks for taking the time to post all the pic's etc. etc.

but he's really not a control freak.

The report was moved to the ride reports section as normal for everyone else and every ride/event/organised trip - same as everything is when it's all done and dusted.

But this had to be different, in case others got confused and couldn't find anywhere to post :nenau it had to moved back to the invite section. And then with a BIG sticky just to help those confused :rob

This caused much mirth and amusement and maybe pushed things towards a divide.

Almost all of the participants seemed to "get it", and a bit of self depreciation usually leaves everyone with a smile on their face.

But, but but but. There's always a but.

Flag things up, organise, delegate, plant a seed of an idea, offer a "come all, come everyone" trip and just do it.
Take the crap, idiots, laughs, tears, ups, downs, plaudits, and damning, take it all as it comes, both good and bad.

You'll find it's painless and transient whatever the verdict/outcome. :D

Almost all of the participants seemed to "get it", and a bit of self depreciation usually leaves everyone with a smile on their face.

But, but but but. There's always a but.

Flag things up, organise, delegate, plant a seed of an idea, offer a "come all, come everyone" trip and just do it.
Take the crap, idiots, laughs, tears, ups, downs, plaudits, and damning, take it all as it comes, both good and bad.

You'll find it's painless and transient whatever the verdict/outcome. :D

Wise words-did you learn from experience ;)

Back
Top Bottom