Waterproof iphone bike mount + power

I looked at all of these and ended up buying the Biologic case off Colin from Ridermount.

Should be fitted this week but looks like an excellent bit of kit and is nice and snug rather than being a "bag"

I ordered bike console mount from Ridermount on Thursday night. I got a confirmation email for the order on Friday and the postman delivered it half an hour ago. Phone is in the case as I type this. I have tried it with my bike gloves and it still works but I know that my iPhone doesn't work with others, mine are Hein Gerieke kangaroo leather. Normal apple cable to charge it up whilst riding until I buy something else.

Not been tried on the bike yet.

waterproof i phone

See below, I got one of these, it's waterproof even with jet wash, charges while on the bike, just need a 3.5mm waterproof extension cable for earphones, all available from the 'bay or Amazon UK for less than 30 quid.
(Touch screen works fine wile in the case)

Navfree is, as it says on the tin FREE and is great, you can buy add-ons as you need them, I got all of France for £1.99

Hope this helps!!

UltimateAddons Tough Waterproof Case for Apple iPhone 4S with Pro Motorcycle Mount Kit and Hard Wire Battery Charger Cable

Are there any Bluetooth ear piece that you can use with the iPhone?

Navfree is, as it says on the tin FREE and is great, you can buy add-ons as you need them, I got all of France for £1.99

You had to pay for French mapping for Navfree :nenau

That's Apple shafting you little by little again, captive market aspect of anything Apple that puts me right off anything they produce.

On Android the mapping is free.

OK, it's only £1.99, presumably from Apple App Store, but just think how much they're making out of it collectively :rob

I am using one of these, so far so good. Iuse the acc plug on the bike to charge the phone. Havent had it in the rain yet but I think it will be fine.....

http://www.ibikeconsole.com/
+1 for bike console. Ive used it, got it very very very wet. Works brill.

To make my gloves work with the iphone screen, i stitch a bit of conductive thread into one glove finger.

To make your gloves work with the BikeConsole screen or the phone screen, try removing any lining from the inside of the finger. Leather shouldn't be a barrier.

Works on my BikeConsole.

Cheers, Colin@RiderMount.com

To make your gloves work with the BikeConsole screen or the phone screen, try removing any lining from the inside of the finger. Leather shouldn't be a barrier.

Works on my BikeConsole.

Cheers, Colin@RiderMount.com

Just ordered one of your mounts with the Ram ball, I've just got to stitch the conductive thread in and I'm away!

Thanks Andrew,
As I said, try just removing some of the lining on the relevant finger and it should work with the screen. See bikeconsole case with RAM ball below.

Regards, Colin@RiderMount.com

Attachments

• bkfrontballlr.jpg
    bkfrontballlr.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 225
I've ordered one from Colin at RiderMount.

Looking forward to getting it on the bike. It'll be great to know where I'm going after years of guessing.

Although without a Satnav or a map I have found some interesting places by accident.

iPhone6 case now available

The bikeconsole case for the iPhone6 is now available. We sell it with handlebar mount, RAM ball or RAM socket mounting. See the RiderMount.com website

iPhone6 Plus will be available in another 2-3 weeks.

Cheers, colin@ridermount.com

I bought the kit for the iophone 3 few years ago with the power switch lead put it on my rt back then, worked great for about a year then phone case started to drop to bits, the power lead came apart for £60 I expected better,,,,wouldn't have another,,,

I bought the kit for the iophone 3 few years ago with the power switch lead put it on my rt back then, worked great for about a year then phone case started to drop to bits, the power lead came apart for £60 I expected better,,,,wouldn't have another,,,

I think you're talking about the Ultimate Addons kit here aren't you Kevin ?

Regards, Colin

I have a iphone with tomtom app on it which sits in a givi holder
With the power coming from socket under seat ,
Only problem I have is the phone in holder while running the app
Gets very hot in mid summer and then the phone shuts down and displays that it must cool down ....not good
I sometimes unzip the case a little to try and get some air ,but it just takes a few minutes sat in traffic in scorchio temps and same again .....

Back
Top Bottom