Vario Pannier Brace / Staberliser pictures

Photobiker,

I'm thinking not. I posted a month or so ago and never got a response. Shame, because it looks like a good product.

I don't know if any of the others who posted in the last month or two heard anything? It would be interesting to hear.

Cheers.

Thanks SiBorg, I saw a lot of "Me too" but no "Thank you". . .

Might have to give this a try on my own. It looks like two foot pads for a table/chair tied into an aluminum rod, supported by a clever piece of aluminum bracket.

I think I could screw this up nicely ;-)

Mmmmmm

Guys, a fellow Tosser has asked me to consider making this part as Stick seems unavailable.

I can easily make this part and I would guess that it would also be `circa` £30-ish.

The biggest issue is that I cannot take work off a fellow Tosser, I`m not a bad person as the recent post seems to indicate and life is too short for me to upset anyone especially a fewllow Tosser.

So, can we all try to get hold of Stick and see what he has got to say? If he can supply then thats all fine (I might even purchase one myself :D), if he is happy to allow me to help other Tossers then that is also fine!

Just wanna do the right thing..........

Anyway, just to make sure no-one thinks I am trying to rip anyone off.............

To all that don't know Mark, or of his work, I can only give him the highest recommendation.

His products are of excellent quality, and made from top grade stainless steel, and his designs are honed from recommendations from his customers, and fellow bikers. In my opinion they far exceed both Touratech and Wunderlich products, and are practically bespoke in their construction, and are British engineering at it's best.

I'm sure you'd not be disappointed with any orders that you place, and he's rightly got an excellent reputation both for his products, and his service, amongst the Gs members.

Couple this with the fact that Mark is one of those genuine blokes that are few and far between nowadays, who produces his products for the love of it, and with a passion, and makes customer satisfaction a priority.

I've got a few of Mark's products on my GSA...and I'm fussy on what I do. I'm not one for bling, but prefer quality, practical products...and Mark's gear is excellent on both counts. He put a lot of effort making sure I got exactly what I was after, and must have spent more in man hours than it was financially viable to do.....but Mark's the kind of guy who puts a greater value on customer satisfaction. Yes people like that do still exsist!

I've got no connection with Mark, or his business, in fact we've never met, but I just wanted to take the chance to recommend a great bloke, with some top quality products, and a brilliant attitude to them.

Buy with confidence guys.

Steve.

Hi Mark.

You know, I thought about getting in contact and asking if you would consider doing something like this after I bought a Crud Catcher from you earlier this year, but I guessed you might not want to do Stick out of potential income.

If he's happy for you to take over, you can put me down for one of these.

Cheers.

Hi Mark.

You know, I thought about getting in contact and asking if you would consider doing something like this after I bought a Crud Catcher from you earlier this year, but I guessed you might not want to do Stick out of potential income.

If he's happy for you to take over, you can put me down for one of these.

Cheers.

Ok mate, lets give Stick all the time he needs to respond. As I said, life is too short.

:thumb2

Ok mate, lets give Stick all the time he needs to respond. As I said, life is too short.

As jogo said on post 34 Btw. from the pictures it seems that the left pannier does not get supported directly but that the support brackket touches the metal "heat shield" which is quite thin and not very firm fastened to the pannier.
Has that been a problem?

The heat shield mounting bracket did fracture on my first, 2,000 mile trip, that is without using a brace. The mounting is just about strong enough to hold the heatshield, as designed, without any additional load. The bracket is just spot welded in place.
Have a look at it and you will see what I mean. The theory sounds ok but I would be very wary about butting up to the heatshield in the longterm. :nenau

As jogo said on post 34 Btw. from the pictures it seems that the left pannier does not get supported directly but that the support brackket touches the metal "heat shield" which is quite thin and not very firm fastened to the pannier.
Has that been a problem?

The heat shield mounting bracket did fracture on my first, 2,000 mile trip, that is without using a brace. The mounting is just about strong enough to hold the heatshield, as designed, without any additional load. The bracket is just spot welded in place.
Have a look at it and you will see what I mean. The theory sounds ok but I would be very wary about butting up to the heatshield in the longterm. :nenau

Mmmmm, very good point - I wouldn`t want to cause a failure of the heatshield from the bracket butting up to it. I`ll take a very close look tomorrow and see what can be done, if anything, to avoid or reduce the additional load on the shield.

It`s still all on the drawing board anyway as I don`t think anyof us has heard from stick yet :nenau

Regards,

Mark
www.cymarcbikeparts.co.uk

Hi Mark I also tried to get a hold of stick the middle of last year trying ,but got no reply, I noticed he had a load of bling being sold recently, so the guy is around, if you are making them mate , that's a big yes please:flag

First prototype

Guys, here is the first prototype. It`s just to get dimensions etc and will not reflect the final item which will have stainless and more substantial brackets and of course be fully welded up.

I`ve tried not to copy Stitch`s one too much - but it has been hard not to (it could be a patented idea and if it is then I can`t and won`t go any further) but I have made some adjustments to the design so it doesn`t rest on the heat shield - I am not saying anything against Stitch`s one (looks brill to me!) or being detrimental in any way whatsoever (life is far too short) but I`ve decided to rest the left hand support against the pannier and not the heat shield as IMHO I am not sure that its the best location.

If I can get the final one looking good then I will offer it for sale as a single item but DONT FORGET any batch orders should really be directed to Stitch to see if he wants to do them first. Otherwsie I`d be happy to supply. No idea on price yet but I won`t take the p*ss and it will always be as good quality as I can make it with little regard to how much it costs.

6376350849_e7771efb90_m.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

6376350573_7e9ed3682a_m.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

I gotta ask, sorry................but.............why would you need a brace. It strikes me as a solution looking for a problem if I'm really honest :nenau

Andres

Please read the thread

Mate, I understand your concern and agree with it - I can`t say I have suffered from the `flapping` (but I have never followed me to see!) but if you read some of the posts on this thread you will see that other Tossers have their own opinions and, of course, we are all entitled to them.

I am responding to the requirement of supply and trying to help out when Stick simply wishes not to.

IMHO I think it`s a good idea even if just a few of us think it is worth having and hats off to Stick :thumb2

ok mate

Ok mate, I`m hoping to do some tests myself fairly soon so I should put something on the thread when I am ready to make them.

Braces

Sorry to everone who has posted on the Vario braces , have not tracked the thread and realised that there has been a lot of interest but i did not have any pms so did not realise the activity - if anyone still wants some i can sort out a batch appologies to everyone so please pm me so i can work out numbers.:thumb2
Cant attach my original thread so please have a hunt thro as computers annoy me , the thread shows the brace and also post by people who have used them - i have mine on all the time and have no issues over 30,000 miles , now fitted to my 2011 bike.

Last edited:
Sorry to everone who has posted on the Vario braces , have not tracked the thread and realised that there has been a lot of interest but i did not have any pms so did not realise the activity - if anyone still wants some i can sort out a batch appologies to everyone so please pm me so i can work out numbers.:thumb2
Cant attach my original thread so please have a hunt thro as computers annoy me , the thread shows the brace and also post by people who have used them - i have mine on all the time and have no issues over 30,000 miles , now fitted to my 2011 bike.

Thanks for that, Stick, I have gone out of my way to make sure that everyone knows to contact you for any batch work and I`ve also asked everyone to try and get hold of you so you don`t miss out on whats going on.

If I get any enquiries for any batch work I`ll let you know.

:thumb

Brackets

Thanks for that, Stick, I have gone out of my way to make sure that everyone knows to contact you for any batch work and I`ve also asked everyone to try and get hold of you so you don`t miss out on whats going on.

If I get any enquiries for any batch work I`ll let you know.

Mark appriciate it , i always answer pms as dont get much time to search thro the posts but will do now , again thanks for you thoughts

Stick:beerjug:

No worries pal.

Btw - bloody good idea - I was thinking of it a while ago then got drunk............

Ride safe eh?

Hot off the press

Hi All, final one made and ready to test with Craig on Sunday if it`s not blowing a gale....................

6400218473_1802a85607_m.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

6400218403_72a359e986_m.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Couple of points:

Its made from stainless apart from the adjuster feet.
It does not rest on the heat shield (Sticks does and I am NO WAY saying thats a bad thing - his is brill - I am just taking into consideration a point from another Tosser!)

I`ve also changed the OEM M5x15 fasteners which attach it for M5x20 as IMHO the OEM ones don`t quite seem long enough...............

Following testing I am looking to sell them individually but if anyone is after a batch then Stick is your man!

Back
Top Bottom