Easy Web Page Software

ironandsteel

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend easy software to use to get a web page up and running?

I'm using BT now and they're hosting the domain name at present - is it possible to sort it whilst they host?

I was using 'zyweb' for a number of years which is an easy on-line authoring type thing but had to change because they were hosting the domain name and forwarding mail refused to let some customers (because of their names, as in 'Scunthorpe') email through their system even after months of discussion.

Any help much appreciated..........I have searched with no success.......

There really is no magical solution to your problem, and here's why, easy to use software produces really crap websites.

Some hosting providers offer a web building service, alternatively you could find yourself a website designer / developer to do it for you.

I think the best solution might be to pick up a copy of DreamWeaver (by Adobe), it has an alright WYSIWYG editor, the code it produces is not bad and if you have any problems ask the guys (including me) at phpfreaks.com

And here is what I mean about WYSIWYG editors and the whole process of creating a site with one, now I am a bit biased as I make websites for a living, but I almost puked when I saw this:

http://www.karenwild.co.uk/ <-- made with Mr Site

Depends what you are after and what you actually want to achieve with a web site but consider Joomla.
Google Joomla to find out a LOT more.

Thanks Modelman - I had a quick look and will investigate further - do you use this?

Back
Top Bottom