Ireland - Four Corners April 2010

Now, who's going to start the camping equipment thread.......

Mrs Wully A.K.A. " The Queen of Camping" is coming along so ask her:augie

But to start you off:

Sleeping bag- Rab Atlas 500 and silk liner.

Therma Rest - Full length one is best.

'Good' tent. Not a pop up or anything from Halfords...Make sure it's got a decent porch on it for storing your wet gear...

click on the link then scroll down to the 5 minute video of a ride through Donegal, we've got a week of that :D

To save you the trouble, here it is. :)

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a78RUocSN3Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a78RUocSN3Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

....'Good' tent. Not a pop up or anything from Halfords...Make sure it's got a decent porch on it for storing your wet gear...

Doesn't apply to me that....i'm going in the dry weather :D

To save you the trouble, here it is. :)

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a78RUocSN3Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a78RUocSN3Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Nice one Aiden...should have thought of that:blast

Right you lot...we have sourced some accomodation for a stop over in Rosknowlagh on the 29th...My folks have kindly offered to put us all up in their summer houses. There will be a combination of beds, floor space and if you really want to... pitching of tents in the garden. I will be blunt and state that four of us (Me, Chas, Wully and Diane) will be staying with my folks in their house next door ...the rest have use of this place....on the proviso of best behaviour....between the three bedrooms, livingroom and sunroom there should be enough room for you all...

http://www.donegalcottageholidays.com/havencottage/index.htm

There are two cracking places to eat/drink nearby Smugglers Creek bar/restaurant and Creevy Pier Hotel

Anyway the offer is there.

Raboomdea :aidan

Right you lot...we have sourced some accomodation for a stop over in Rosknowlagh on the 29th...My folks have kindly offered to put us all up in their summer houses. There will be a combination of beds, floor space and if you really want to... pitching of tents in the garden. I will be blunt and state that four of us (Me, Chas, Wully and Diane) will be staying with my folks in their house next door ...the rest have use of this place....on the proviso of best behaviour....between the three bedrooms, livingroom and sunroom there should be enough room for you all...

There are two cracking places to eat/drink nearby Smugglers Creek bar/restaurant and Creevy Pier Hotel

:clap :clap :bow

Thanks Tara your folks are being very generous and I think it would be a great idea for that nights stopover, I feel fairly confident :augie that the best behaviour proviso will be honoured :D

Not sure how you all want to divi it up but there are only 2 couples travelling at the mo and so it would make sense that they had double rooms. Wully and Di are in the main house so i'd like to grab one of the double rooms for Bobby and Christine who i'm sure will be greatful.
:clap:clap:clap

Stickers

Has anyone got a jpg of the stickers done for the Scotland trip last year???
Since no one has come up with any suggestions :augie i'm thinking that last years stickers with the Emerald Isle in the background in place of Scotland would be a good start:nenau

Just a thought:nenau

Nothing on the stickers chaz. As far as the Accom goes -I'm nae bothered and will go wherever suits.:thumb Appreciate the hospitality :clap

Room for a couple of danes (2x adults, 2x GS's, 1 kid)? We're not sure its actually possible yet, and probably wont know for sure until quite late, but we'd like to come along ...

Soren - Denmark

P.S how much of the trip will be tent/B&B/ etc?

Probably wont be able to make it :( .. sorry

Just a quick tip make certain you have plenty of euro coins as there are a lot of new toll roads with nice barriers about in Ireland so keep that in mind.
Paul:thumb
Also a lot of new roads here don't show up on garmin navigators not even on 2010 upgrades. Also new motorway to Belfast parts don't show.

but you will find that all the bits that matter should be on it... I would imagine you'll be steering clear of the motorways on the whole, and the roads in from Larne and through Belfast havn't changed in a couple of years... As long as you hit the M1/A1 Southbound for Newry direction, you'll be grand...

Have a great time. Wish i could join in...

Essentials

Right people thought I would just get you all started here....! Want to see people adding to this list:augie

Things you need to get for the trip:

1. Check your bike insurance for travelling in Europe

2. You may want to get personal travel insurance (not sure how valid theE111 card is over there:nenau

Right people thought I would just get you all started here....! Want to see people adding to this list:augie

Things you need to get for the trip:

1. Check your bike insurance for travelling in Europe

2. You may want to get personal travel insurance (not sure how valid theE111 card is over there:nenau

3. Euros

4. Phrasebook

5. Vacinations

Hang on i'm just going home for a week!!!!:aidan:beer:

Right you orrible lot....In exchange for the accomodation and invariable full fry up provided by my folks i am intending to take them to a fab local pub/restaurant on the Thursday night called the Smugglers Inn (Its my mums birthday on the Friday). If anyone else would like to join me in rewarding my innocent and some may say mad parents for allowing us to invade there houses can you let me know as I need to book a table for us. Please don't feel obliged to join in it is just that i need to warn them if a large bunch of tossers will be descending. By the way this place does a mean pint :beer:

Pub/Grub/:beer: yes please. I'll behave, honest! Thanks for the invite by the way:clap

Back
Top Bottom