Time to hang up GS Rich's hat/coat

Well as much as I want to say sooo many things as from 2.30 today I am out of a job, and Autocom is pretty much no more

To all that I have helped over the years its been a great pleasure and thank you all for the support ive had and many many good comments at the shows and when ive worked on your bikes at the factory.

Again I so want to say so much more but I best be careful as Im sure you will all understand.

Thank you all again one and all

Rich :beerjug:

ps if any know of any good jobs please PM as I need to keep busy

Just had a thought!

Get yourself a van and do the same thing for yourself???, only in a mobile stylee?:thumb

Sorry to hear that Rich.
I bought an Autocom last month after reading all the rave reviews on here.
I never had any dealings with you but it seems you know your stuff, maybe as said above you should think about doing it yourself.
Best of luck
JJ

Sorry to hear about this Rich. You, and all at Autocom, have always been very helpful whether it be via this forum or over the phone. Best of luck finding a new job.

ooh. feck. :eek:

Well, Thank You Rich for favours past.
for putting up with truly dumb questions, user error galore and never once losing a Professional outlook.
whatever you go on to do;
Best of luck with it and let us know. :thumb

good service is hard to find - you only ever gave that. :clap

What he said:thumb2

Just had a thought!

Get yourself a van and do the same thing for yourself???, only in a mobile stylee?:thumb

And that too.....you know your stuff, have a good name and the demand for the kit isn't going to fade even if the kit supplier goes down.....I'm sure you'd find a fair number of people both here and elsewhere who'd appreciate a properly fitted system and who would be prepared to pay.....

PM on way about something very linked :)

you know your stuff, have a good name and the demand for the kit isn't going to fade even if the kit supplier goes down.....I'm sure you'd find a fair number of people both here and elsewhere who'd appreciate a properly fitted system and who would be prepared to pay.....

here here.... I was just going to order two curly cables 7pin cables....

hi rich
sorry to hear your news.....guess you must have had a bit of an inkling when we spoke late last week......
sadly still waiting for the list of accessories we talked about...suppose I am left high and dry now:blast

hope you get something sorted for yourself asap...crap time of year to find yourself in this position

will try trawling the agents for the parts needed.....
best of luck
russ

Hi Rich, sorry to hear the bad news - Gutted, You tried to resolve a fault with my autocom by checking it all over and making some adjustments here and there earlier this year I think, it was one of my better rideouts of the year!

Hope you find a job you like sooner rather than later, all the best :thumb

Paul from Plymouth

Well I never...............:nenau Good staff and a great product. Stunned.

Rich - Send me your CV.....

toad at thetoad dot net:thumb2

I'm just round the corner in Warwick Technology Park.......

My Autocom's now 5 years old and has been on 4 different bikes and still works as well as it did on day one.

It actually saved my ass one day when I 'forgot' I was riding in France and was riding on the wrong side of a road, the missus shouted down the autocom and I moved over just before a car came belting round the bend towards me.

Rich's service was always spot on and they sold a good product so I'm very surprised and sad to hear this news.

All the best for the future Rich

Really sorry to hear this Rich. You've always been very helpful when I've sent you PMs and phoned for setup advice.
Hope you get sorted out quickly :(

Sorry to hear about that Rich, your advice in recent weeks when I had issues setting up my autocom was of great help. I hope you manage to find something to take it's place.

I see as mentioned above that the website is still running, any ideas if the company will sell off what's left of it's inventory, I'm sure there's people who would be interested in picking up spares to keep tucked away, Autocom's seem to last a long time but cables etc wear. I'd be tempted to get another unit for my girlfriend who'll be passing her test in the spring so we have similar gear.

sorry to. been most helpfull in the past best of luck:thumb

you would hope that a company with a good product like this could be bought and turned around:nenau

its a great shame for this to happen:( ive found the service and the product top notch.

Best of luck Rich but to be honest I am not surprised with my dealings (or lack of) with Autocom.

This site will surely miss your input.

Well as much as I want to say sooo many things as from 2.30 today I am out of a job, and Autocom is pretty much no more

To all that I have helped over the years its been a great pleasure and thank you all for the support ive had and many many good comments at the shows and when ive worked on your bikes at the factory.

Again I so want to say so much more but I best be careful as Im sure you will all understand.

Thank you all again one and all

Rich :beerjug:

ps if any know of any good jobs please PM as I need to keep busy

Are you Mr Autocom? The guys here seem to know you. I'm very sorry to here of your plight. Yours is the best stuff on the market. What the heck is going on here. This country needs people like you who make stuff that actually works and does what it says on the tin, and more.You know what really pees me off is all this recession stuff (if your business has been hit by it) is that the Banks caused this and people like you get your hardwork Fecked up by these parasites. Us as a country have to now pay for years and struggle whilst these tossers still sit on their fat lazy arses taking bonus payments that would keep your business afloat. I am sorry man really sorry and at Christmas too. Best of luck to you for the future. Try not to worry. (says He) My old boss used to say as one door close another will open.
Kind Regards Dave.:beerjug:

This country needs people like you who make stuff that actually works and does what it says on the tin, and more.You know what really pees me off is all this recession stuff (if your business has been hit by it) is that the Banks caused this and people like you get your hardwork Fecked up by these parasites. Us as a country have to now pay for years and struggle whilst these tossers still sit on their fat lazy arses taking bonus payments that would keep your business afloat.

:thumb +1

Makes me mad too!!!!!

and the banks still charging stupid money if you go over drawn by a day. Got stung couple weeks ago for £100 for 2 items taking me overdrawn for about a day or two. I rang them, spoke to a nice lady who could only canx 1 charge leaving me with still a £75 charge. I was grateful it was reduced but what a rip off. They have been bailed out by our tax money to the tune of billions but they still won't lend much and some banks are still paying stupid bonuses - :rocketwho

Good luck Rich

:thumb +1

Makes me mad too!!!!!

and the banks still charging stupid money if you go over drawn by a day. Got stung couple weeks ago for £100 for 2 items taking me overdrawn for about a day or two. I rang them, spoke to a nice lady who could only canx 1 charge leaving me with still a £75 charge. I was grateful it was reduced but what a rip off. they have been bailed out to the tune of billions but they won't lend much out yet some banks are still paying stupid bonuses - bastards!!

Good luck Rich

Been there to my friend, encourage us to use the systems then turn like the devil and bring you down. What else is there to do? Have a good Christmas Another old saying ; you can kill the man but you can't kill the spirit.:clap:beerjug:

This is such sad news! Was it mis-management or just the ravages of the current era?

That's an expensive building you have to run at Leamington (and far too big for what you need if I might be so bold!). Perfectly adequate premises could come in at half the price locally if you needed it. Let me know if you have any plans - more than happy to offer some help if you wanted.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom