Morocco aug /sept 2010

Hi Fellas,
i could well be up for this :eek: keep me posted.
cheers :thumb2
dazza

Hi Dazza,

we are going in September for 3 weeks.

Once Paul the Moderator has kindly set up the sub forum for us we will try and get everything sorted in regards to definite numbers etc and then we can progress.

cheers for your interest
welcome aboard
Tricky:beerjug:

Hi Tricky,
Sounds good,
time off should`nt be a problem.
Might be worth a meet up fairly soon,looking at locations ie ipswich ,
bury st.edmunds,biggleswade and bretford should`nt be to much of a prob.
And catch up with malc later.

Cheers :beerjug:

Dazza

Dear all,

we now have a new sub forum in open invite trips Thank you very much Paul.

i have created a new thread for those who are definitely going to put their name down! we need to get an idea of numbers and locations of those going to start organising ferries etc and try to arrange meet ups so we all find out if we get on.

Once we have numbers we can then start creating other threads in the forum to do with the planning etc.

look forward to hearing from you all.

tricky

Been checking out the Morocco websites and got a copy of the lonely planet from 'Go Outdoors' yesterday and that did it for me :drool. Booked the ferrys this morning :D. I've posted the dates in the other thread.
Just need to get a map of Morocco now, I think I'll try Stanfords for that unless anyone know's of a better place? (They didn't have one at in the 'Go Outdoors' store).
I've read through all the posts and what your planning sounds great for me.

Steve.

maroc sept '10...

hi tricky...trip sounds great. would like to tag along but i'm in france/italy summer,so i don't think i can warrant the 3 week period a month later!!..spent 5 days in maroc march '09 and loved it (bloody cold tho) was on a tight schedule,so no time for touristy stuff.after trip,i told myself i'd go back and do a longer trip with a small group.if you need books/maps i have a few i'd gladly send yer.most stuff you need in there. great people,and plenty of different roads,scenery to keep you amused. will be watching the posts,as things could change for me?...........cheers...........tyke

Tips for the Top

Fellas, I did Morocco 4 years ago, fantastic first trip. Minor tips (if they help)

1. Border crossing, don't get scammed by a local calling you over and pretending to be an official.
2. You can pay one of the locals to guide you through the border xing process as it is far from simple.
3. Whatch out for the mud ball sellers (locals selling Ganja) they stand on corners in the middle of nowhere with their arms out trying to attract your attention - they are easy to hit.
4. The King frowns on fraud and is very pro tourists, don't take his name in vein however as it is taken very seriously
5. If you plan camp out get out of sight of the road and try to keep a low(ish) profile as at best you will be inundated by locals being curious or trying to sell you stuff you don't want
6. If a Police man waves you to stop, wave back and keep riding. If they come after you (they don't) smile and make you like thought he was just waving
7. If the Police as you to pay a 'Fine' ask for a receipt and if necessary mention that the King takes a very dim vue on bribes
8. I could dig out our two week route but I think half the fun is choosing this.
9.Don't go too far south, that was where AQ killed the French tourists
10. Enjoy.

Hi Guys, I will keep an eye on this thread, If I can help you with Morroco let me know, I may be there around your time. Hope the trip comes off.

Hi Guys, I will keep an eye on this thread, If I can help you with Morroco let me know, I may be there around your time. Hope the trip comes off.

hi Jake.

This trip is defo happening, 4 ferry ticket booked and paid for. It would be good to get together with someone local for an insiders view so let us know if you will be around mate.
Chad

Hi,

I've been to Morocco twice in 2008...Mean while I married and I'm going back in September with my wife.

We leave Lisbon on the 24th afternoon and sleep in Sevilha on the 25th I expect to cath the mornig ferry at around 0900.
We'll try to go to Tanger, Meknes, Ifrane, Erfoud, Zagora, Ouarzazate, Marrakesh, Casablanca, Rabat and back to Tanger.

Tips to the Kingdom of Morocco

Ferry -www.frs.es - (I recommend Tarifa-Tanger)

Border-You can fill this form : http://www.douane.gov.ma/EDouane/DMCV/AT/Formulaire_AT.asp (but you have to been there before so you can have a passport number that you fill in "Étrangers non résidant") or you have to fill this on paper at the Morocco side border.
At the border you don't need to pay any of those men...Go straight to the border police with this paper,the motorcycle documents, and your passport (that should have been stamped on the ferry)

Milleage plannig www.viamichelin.com (It works in Morocco!)

Places to go there are millions...I recomend at least 2 or 3...

Erg Chebbi
Marakesh-Jma El Fna square and market
Ifrane- Morocco Alps
Ait benhaddou - Ouarzazate

I'll leave my e-mail tiago.allen@gmail.com if you have any question... I'd like to help!

Sorry for any bad english!

Regards,
TTAlmeida

Hi again,

I've been reading the rest of the messages and...I guess we wont me in Morocco...Maybe next time!

Hope you enjoy!

Regads,

TTAlmeida

thanks for your offer of help anyway, i`m shure everyone else is gratefull and our paths may crosss another time....happy trails...

Anyone up for going to Morocco end of August Beginning of September 2010?

some really good trips have gone on from what I have read but i just cannot do that time of year due to studies and summer will be too hot.

too early to discuss route etc but I would like to camp as much as poss, and see all the touristy stuff as well as get off beaten track.

i have a big GSA and no off road experience so will probably try and get some before i go. however am not going to go crazy as I don't want to keep picking the thing up!

cheers
tricky

Just seen your thread. Good on you.
I wish I could come
John

I got back from 2 weeks in Morocco and briefly met some other members from this forum. We had a blast and could probably provide some advise for first timers. My take home message was: don't underestimate the weight of the 1000cc + bikes when off tarmac and pack lightly.

Any questions about routes, Moroccans, places to stay, camping ... shoot!

Any more updates on this?

what are the dates? Aug 27th to Sept 15th are open to me..

You'll be hard pressed to find many updates, as the original poster cancelled, and didn't have the balls to tell us direct, others are fairly vague. However, some of us have booked ferry crossings to Santander, leaving 8th Sept, returning 24th Sept.

SI

Moroccan chinwag

How about this, as uncle bully says it's gone quiet on new threads,
I have a house in france about 80 miles due south of caen, I often go over on ld lines ferries from newhaven to dieppe as it's an extremely cheap return for bikes, if going for less than five days. I also go on the back roads from dieppe to the house so no tolls and a great ride to boot.Takes about 2hrs30mins to ride.
My point is, if anyone who is doing trickys morocco trip wants to meet, make the crossing, ride in the group that is up for morocco and have a place to discuss plans the other end then it can be done. I can do any of these weekends.......June 25/26/27/28 [fri-mon]
july 2/3/4/5
july 9/10/11/12
july 16/17/18/19
What do you all think? Any replies with preferred dates please. Steve.

Unfortunately steve, i am busy every weekend between now and August due to work comitments so i cant do any of the long weekends.

it sounds like a great offer mate but maybe we can still get together for a day ride sometime before Sept

Chad

Back
Top Bottom