IS there a final list of who is actually going on the trip!!!

AndyT

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
There have been so many threads on this trip and several people for various reasons being unable to take part I was wondering if there is actually a final list of those who will be setting off on this trip. It would be really good to know:augie'
If its available already can someone point me to it.

Thanks

AndyT:thumb

The definitive list in no particular order, just as my Smirnoff addled brain recalls them :

Outtomunch - Andres
Bhud - Dave
Nakambale - Gert
Freeloader - Dave
Neil 23 - Neil
Crapaud - Sid
Paintman - John
Milk Tray Man - Glen
Mikey - Mike
Sockpuppet - Richard
Thunder - Roger

I'd better have got that right. :augie

The definitive list in no particular order, just as my Smirnoff addled brain recalls them :

Outtomunch - Andres
Bhud - Dave
Nakambale - Gert
Freeloader - Dave
Neil 23 - Neil
Crapaud - Sid
Paintman - John
Milk Tray Man - Glen
Mikey - Mike
Sockpuppet - Richard
Thunder - Roger

I'd better have got that right. :augie

Beat my red wine addled brain to it :D

...and it's still snowing :blast

Aye, your fecked if anything happens to me, just don't let me sober up and you'll be fine. :jager:jager:jager

:D
From what I have read on here there is little chance of that happening :p

I have just had a financial adviser here to review just how much my pension has shrunk recently :blast, See you guys are on the red out of habit, where as I have a good reason to off this bottle of Cab Sav.

just picked up on this,

seriously, is he not going, would be such a shame after all his efforts ?

Sadly no :(

He's still carried on offering and giving support and fund raising though, and has been a right brick*

Andres

* I think that's how you spell it :augie

Strike one more off the list

'cos I've pulled out.

Mainly because of the weather.

I'd hoped to be riding from Calum's Road on Raasay to Calum's Road in The Gambia, but that changed to going no further than Morocco. Then Raasay became snow and ice bound, now even riding south from Fife could be precarious and possibly foolhardy, and France looks unwelcoming too. Now it looks like the only part of the trip that I'd actually enjoy doing is Morocco, and I wouldn't be going anywhere near either of the two Calum's Roads.

The other thing bothering me because of the weather is leaving my better half on her own with 17 dogs in the depths of winter - she has balance problems at the best of times (alcohol not usually the cause :D) - and add to that a dog pen which is basically an ice rink which has to be navigated to tend to the dogs. Normally we hardly ever see snow here so I didn't even consider that to be a problem a year ago, now it's a serious hazard I don't want her to have to face on her own.

And yes, I am disappointed not to be doing this trip with the rest of the team.

Maybe later...

That is a pity after all the good work he's done, and if memory serves correctly it was his idea :(

At the end of the day who goes and who doesn't doesn't really matter. Yes I'm absolutley sick at not going. And the old adage of the Colonel ain't scared cause the Colonel ain't going, could be used.
I'm skint and can't afford to go but then again if If I was sponsored to do the trip it would be different. All sponsorship has gone to the charity so whatever people have donated has gone to the charity and not sponsoring some Tossers trip :clap

These guys whether the ones that have pulled out or still going deserve a serious pat on the back and some real respect for not only going on a ride on there bikes whether they go make it or turn back is nether her nor there.

But they have raised enough to pay for a mile of road £35 fukin K so people can get basic health care rather than worry whether there road has been salted or not.

Good luck guys and may the farce be with you:beerjug:

p.s. I'm pished:thumb2

I didn't mean my post's too sound like a dig at anybody who decides not to go whatever the reason

All sponsorship has gone to the charity so whatever people have donated has gone to the charity and not sponsoring some Tossers trip :clap

These guys whether the ones that have pulled out or still going deserve a serious pat on the back and some real respect for not only going on a ride on there bikes whether they go make it or turn back is nether her nor there.

But they have raised enough to pay for a mile of road £35 fukin K so people can get basic health care rather than worry whether there road has been salted or not.

well said Johnny and you should include yourself in that pat on the back as well for starting all off.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm genuinely proud of all who have made this possible even though events have worked against you all, it shouldn't take away from what you guys have achieved

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

I'd just like to say how sorry I am that Johnny and others are not able to make the trip.:( They have raised many thousands for the charity and are 100% part of "the team".

I'm very disappointed that I'm not able to make it up to Scotland and have a drink or ten with Johnny and the other lads.:( Shares in Jaegermister will never recover.:jager

Hopefully we will arange a suitable piss up in May to celebrate the entire effort.

One for all and all for one.:beer::beerjug:

Wife is still asking "What the feck are you still doing here? You should have left by now!"

Sid

You've all done very well. Thank you Mr Grace etc etc. good stuff guys, we'll all meet up in May :thumb2 This has been good, some of us may make the Gambia, some of us may do Calum's road 2. Whatever, we tried to do some good in the world, that's all that counts. (and I think we did! :thumb2)

Back
Top Bottom