Llangollen Trail Ride for the UKGSER weekenders.

offroad

hi timpo,:thumb2

put me down for the tricky(ish) route for the weekend.

Camping again I think . Lets hope its a teeny bit drier than last year.

DRZ 400

clive

Looks like there wont be many X Challenges at the Tarenig Rally on the 9th May :( I might have to rethink my plans for that weekend ;)

I'll be dragging my Husaberg up to Llangollen but not sure what I'll be doing - maybe a repeat of the Sheep Shit Trail - but maybe I'll just tag along on an easy ride.

:nenau

Greg

I am keen to come along on the easy off-road route, never been off-road on my F800GS so be gentle!! Will be booking the hotel or camp site for the saturday night!! What time from the Hand Hotel?

never been off-road on my F800GS so be gentle....

a newbie to the green lanes, so easy route for me please....

It'll be the first time I've taken my 1150GS off road - so defs easy....

Folks, this is North Wales, and the weather plays a huge roll in the technicality of the trails..... let's hope it's dry for us.
Very shortly Pumpy is going to put a thread up about her trail ride. This is the easier of the rides with options should the weather close-in. Please post your names into the thread asap.

Timpo.

Folks, this is North Wales, and the weather plays a huge roll in the technicality of the trails..... let's hope it's dry for us.
Very shortly Pumpy is going to put a thread up about her trail ride. This is the easier of the rides with options should the weather close-in. Please post your names into the thread asap.

Timpo.

Pumpy ride for me:thumb

Timpo.

Hi Timpo, I only just saw your response. Pumpy's group is already full up. Is there another group you'd recommend for us newbies?

Thx

Hi Timpo, I only just saw your response. Pumpy's group is already full up. Is there another group you'd recommend for us newbies?

Thx

If there are any other riders looking for a easy trail ride, Earthmover has offered to lead a ride, please PM him regarding your interest.

Timpo.

Ok Folks, the rides are looking quite plump, in true tosser style:D, so it should be good.:bounce1
There is a couple of notes though that you need to be aware of........
North Wales Police are having a heavy drive into the trail riding in the area. There have been a lot of tickets issued recently for numberplate offences, including damaged, dirty and small plates. Please keep this in mind when attending.
Most of the lanes being used in the rides are Unclassified County Roads, therefore the land adjacent to the trails is off-piste, please respect that, as this is the main reason why plod has started to focus on the trail riders, although it is unregistered bikes riding off-piste that has sturred the nest up, but we are copping for it!

If any one has any questions, please do not hesitate to ask either me or the run leaders.

Best regards.

Timpo.

There have been a lot of tickets issued recently for numberplate offences, including damaged, dirty and small plates. Please keep this in mind when attending.
Most of the lanes being used in the rides are Unclassified County Roads, therefore the land adjacent to the trails is off-piste, please respect that, as this is the main reason why plod has started to focus on the trail riders, although it is unregistered bikes riding off-piste that has sturred the nest up, but we are copping for it!

When we were out on Spout's recce last weekend there was a CRF on the Wayfarer with no plate!:confused:

P4180033.jpg

Even it it falls off - it doesn't take much effort to find it & improvise! :D

d.jpg

Ok Folks, the rides are looking quite plump, in true tosser style:D, so it should be good.:bounce1
There is a couple of notes though that you need to be aware of........
North Wales Police are having a heavy drive into the trail riding in the area. There have been a lot of tickets issued recently for numberplate offences, including damaged, dirty and small plates. Please keep this in mind when attending.

If any one has any questions, please do not hesitate to ask either me or the run leaders.

Best regards.

Timpo.

Thanks would you recommend full size plates for the day?

What sort of an 'Easy Ride' will this be?
Went on Tinas 'Easy' Off Road Ride last year and I couldn't cope with it, I had a misserable time and it wasn't fair on fellow Tossers getting me out of trouble when I lost my bottle or got stuck. If it's going to be gravel tracks and green lanes and not bouldery ravines and thick sticky mud, then put us down X2 Val H too. Assuming we will be bringing the bikes! our little dog broke it's leg last week, so we have to bring her allong, we don't know if leaving her in the Motorhome is a good move or not as were not sure how hot it gets in there, assuming of course that we do see the sun at some point that weekend....... it's all a bit up in the air at the moment.... Going to a GSer Doo and not bringing the bikes, I don't think I could bear it........

What sort of an 'Easy Ride' will this be?
Went on Tinas 'Easy' Off Road Ride last year and I couldn't cope with it, I had a misserable time and it wasn't fair on fellow Tossers getting me out of trouble when I lost my bottle or got stuck. If it's going to be gravel tracks and green lanes and not bouldery ravines and thick sticky mud, then put us down X2 Val H too. Assuming we will be bringing the bikes! our little dog broke it's leg last week, so we have to bring her allong, we don't know if leaving her in the Motorhome is a good move or not as were not sure how hot it gets in there, assuming of course that we do see the sun at some point that weekend....... it's all a bit up in the air at the moment.... Going to a GSer Doo and not bringing the bikes, I don't think I could bear it........

Kleine, I think the easier ride (for the bigger bike) that was available has closed now. I don't think it was ever classed as an easy ride though.

Pumpy's Ride full

The other rides are Timpo's, Spout's, Forry's & Greg's.

Greg's is also full & you wouldn't want to do Timpo's mate!

Forry's described as - ''plenty of mud, ruts puddles and rocky descents not suited to the novice''

Spout's described as - ''not suitable for beginners''

Thanks would you recommend full size plates for the day?

I would not risk it, but it's a £30 or £60 FPN and some would run the gauntlet.;)
I will have a legal plate on my bike as will Sarah Teach.

Timpo.

Back
Top Bottom