who is going?

I've changed my plans a little as the missus is no longer coming. I'm now leaving from Plymouth on Sun 5th Sept at 16:30 so I'll be a few day's ahead of most of you so our path's may not cross till later on during the trip.

My return Ferry is from Santander on Thursday 23rd Sept at 17:00 which I know a few have already booked that crossing. I'm not going to make too many plans at this stage other than to take it easy and spend most nights under canvas and the odd one in a B&B or Hotel if I feel the need.

Who is going?

Hi - got an invite from pnewman on the trip aswas planning my own trip. Happy to go with the flow and fit in with the group plans. Not sure about open invite etiquette, hope thats ok? Both paul and myself have approx 2 weeks and going on ferry Sunday 5th Sept. Have you got any ideas as regards a possible meet before the trip? Thanks :)

Hi Ewen.. Sorry for the lack of comms, the original poster just buggered off without so much as a goodbye.
Open invite... that's cool, I have no probs with that, and I', sure I speak for the others too. MDW and I are leaving here on the 8th, So will see you somewhere on the other side.

With regards a meetup, Both Chad and myself tried co-ordinating that, but it didn't work out, so I'm guessing it's every man for themselves, and we'll all no doubt bump into each other Moroc side.

Si

Hi Ewen.. Sorry for the lack of comms, the original poster just buggered off without so much as a goodbye.
Open invite... that's cool, I have no probs with that, and I', sure I speak for the others too. MDW and I are leaving here on the 8th, So will see you somewhere on the other side.

With regards a meetup, Both Chad and myself tried co-ordinating that, but it didn't work out, so I'm guessing it's every man for themselves, and we'll all no doubt bump into each other Moroc side.

Si

hi si, had talk with chad the other week and if he gets a wk-end free we reckon there`s a chance for a meet up maybe july time in south peak area. fingers crossed an all that

apologies for the absence guys,I too spoke to chad
With his work schedule,he`s looking towards mid july onwards.
Darren

I'm still up for the trip, posted some dates myself to try and get people too meet again before trip, apart from chad i got no replies. Would be happy for ride out/meet up. Who is going on the trip now some have dropped out?

I'm still in, ferry booked for the 8th, will be riding over with Shadwell :) Sorry, didn't see your post, offering rideout days, I had a similar exp, when trying to organise a meet..
IMO whoever goes, goes... I'm going, even if I end up going it alone :) although I recon it's unlikely.. Shad's still in as well.. who else? Who knows, they don't seem to be the most comunicative lot round here..

Good to hear your still on for trip, it's growing ever nearer! I am preping the bike and myself with small tweeks to panniers, packs and kit but never been on a long haul before so should be interesting.

Aahh, it will be a crack, I can't remember what bike you had, all I seem to remember is a lot of 12's and 1 or two others..

Hi all,

Just had a pm from pnewman pointing me to this thread - sounds fantastic - just chatting with srace at the moment who also sounds interested.

Still planning things but looking at departing on or around Sat 28/08, likely Plymouth-Santander then heading down into Morocco and would like to see Western Sahara.

Be madness not to meet up with you all at some stage in Morocco?

:thumb2

apologies for not taking much notice of this thread but i kind of lost interest when rich pulled out and noone wanted too take the lead.

i will definately be going at the times stated in one of the ferry threads. i will be travelling down with Si as we seem to have pretty similar ideas of what we want to acheive but i am in touch with several others on the phone so no doubt those that go will all come together when the time comes.

I am away with work for a lot of the summer but i will def meet up with badger towards the end Jul, hopefully si and Daz will be free to come. i will let you know the dates if anyone else wants to come. prob one night in a campsite to shake the kit out.

DDude, id be more than happy to meet up in the desert at some point, let me know where and when and ill see if it fits the plan.

63 days til the ferry!!

it`s still on!!

i think we`ve all had pc phobia sometime in the last month or two but i`m still booked, had afew iffy wk-end with family affairs but back on track now and for all wishing to know the NHS wanted me on the waiting list to cut the marble sized thingy on the wrist out so i said fek that i`ll wait till after sept, i`m shure i read somewhere beer cures all!. oh the only other thing is i`ve got hold of an xt660z and may go on that, gonna see how they both feel with this wrist. so there is one group going 5th of sept then another later on the 8th. we`ve between us got most moby num`s but b4 we got we`ll all get sorted and if we manage a meet try to work out a meet over there,i`ll also been looking at routes then looking on google earth,some stunning tracks out from the ergs to the draa vally and up over the atlas all mostly gravel but in shootind dist of tarmac if need be. well i think i`ve just maxed out in my post!! time for a beer, OOPs i ment medicine.TTFN:jager

p.s. if i do go on the yam i can still take the 911 diag tool just in case for the bmer`s, unless any1 else got one?

OK this sounds good - starting to check on ferries from Portsmouth today.

Departure date - not sure as yet - but I have August 28 - Sept. 20th (inclusive) off, so quite a decent window. Work has confirmed I can have that time off.

Looking like the majority of departures are on Wed 08th Sept. on the 11:00am ferry from Portsmouth to Santander?

How far south are you planning to go on this one? Would love to see some of Western Sahara - maybe not all of it in the time allowance - but at least encounter some of it.

I'll be on a 1200GSA. Still need to get some kit though - Garmin, puncture repair kit etc. I dont think my TomTom Rider 2 is up to this one :augie

baz. Ill give you a ring net week to sort something for the end jul begin aug.

Ddude, although not confirmed i think me and uncle bully will go as far south east as erg chebbi then west towards ouzazarte taking a few days in the gorges before heading back north.

Sounds good - are you looking at riding dunes at Chebbi - what bike are you on again?

I dont think my TomTom Rider 2 is up to this one :augie

:) Try a paper map, it's more fun planning, cheaper than a garmin, no risk of getting nicked or broken. :augie

MDW rides an 800gs. With regards the dunes at EC, yeah, be a shame to ride all those miles out there, and just look at them :) I plan on riding the dunes, and I'm pretty shure Shadwell will as well :)
What's the worst that can happen?

Plan A - You get injured, you fly home and get to re-tell the war stories to your grandkids each Christmas.

Plan B - You break the bike beyond repair... Set light to it, and follow plan A

Maybe see you over there somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom