Ferry Prices

Shadwell

Reaction score
Best ferry price i can get is from Portsmouth - Santander Wed 08 Sep coming back same route Mon 20 Sep with a reclining seat for £278 each.

On Brittany ferries.

Lots of sailings are already booked up so we might need to think about booking soon.

Wouldn't it be much cheaper to just chunnel it for under 30 bucks, and ride through france?
Ok, so it adds a couple of days onto the ride, or subtracts a couple from the time in Morocco, but i'm ok with that.

It is 1200km further from Calais to Gibraltar than Santander to Gibraltar (2400 miles return). For me thats about 5 extra fill ups each way.

When you take into account Tolls, ferry or train to Calais and staying somewhere for the nights travelling through France/Spain it works out more expensive.

Also I would rather not sit for hours doing boring motorway miles when i could pay £300 (Return)and get off fresh in spain, 1 night later in Morocco.

I am sure everyone will have their own take on this but i am probobly going to book my ferry crossing this weekend, so if people want to do other things i am sure we can meet up in Southern Spain somewhere.

What does everyone else think?

I am with MDW in the fact that i will get a ferry from portsmouth to Santander on 8th September, however on the way back I am probably going to ride up western France to Caen and get the ferry back from there.

I will aim to get a ferry back from Caen around 1st October.

The idea of the trip is to be flexible. no doubt people will want to go off and do their own thing occasionally so it is no problem

Rich, if you say you are definately going to go for the 08 Sep Ferry from Portsmouth to Santander, i am going to book my seat this weekend.

I like the idea of riding up the west coast of France but i can not take as much leave as you so i am going to book a ferry backfrom St Malo on the 24 Sep.

As i said earlier in the thread if people want to make their own way down to S Spain maybe we could all meet up there for the crossing to Africa on 09/10 Sep.

What does everyone else think?

Could get the Ferry Portsmouth to Santander Friday arrive Sat then over to Barcelona ferry from there straight to Tanger ariive next fresh next day. Saves trek through Spain.

I think i am going to go portsmouth - santander 8th September
it arrives around midday the following day ie the 9th.
will probably get over to morocco on 10th september on Friday

I will be having two weeks in morocco so aiming to get back to mainland spain on or around 24th or 25th september.

i will then head up through spain, andorra, and france for a few days and get the fast ferry from Caen to portsmouth on friday 1st October.

the cost for the ferry from portsmouth - santander, caen-portsmouth is £254.

if that sounds like a plan then there is that option. i will probably book this up tomorrow.

if you want to do something similar then let me know.
once again it is all our trip and some may want to do different things which is fine. we can always meet up every couple of days etc.

again, you may want to do your own thing on the return journey as well.

either way it looks like 8th september is the go for portsmouth santander so i suggest you get your self booked.

cheers

richard

I have booked my ferry on the route and dates listed above.

rich

Ferry booked - Porstmouth to Santander 08 Sep 10. 1100hrs.

Coming back - St Malo to Portsmouth 24 Sep 10. 1030hrs.

Sorry i cany stay on til 01 Oct Rich - Work commitments mean i have to be back in work Mon 27 Sep.

options are shrinking!

Hi all
Just thought i'd mention that P&O ferries just sent me an e mail to reassure me my july return crossing from pompey to bilbao is guaranteed but that they will be curtailing the service from september 2010 due to financial constraints , guess this mean's were now all going to be fleeced by brittany ferries eh?

Ferry booked - Porstmouth to Santander 08 Sep 10. 1100hrs.

Coming back - St Malo to Portsmouth 24 Sep 10. 1030hrs.

Sorry i cany stay on til 01 Oct Rich - Work commitments mean i have to be back in work Mon 27 Sep.

no problem at all, see you on board!

2nd sail

hi fellas,been following thread and was wondering which route you taking to morroco and how much you're paying.thinking of something similar to yours and toting up the cost.cheers

Ok fella's I'm in !

Just booked the ferry as follows -

Portsmouth - Santander Wed 8th Sept 11:00

St Marlo to Portsmouth Fri 24th Sept 10:30

Same crossings as mdw403

Total cost was - £239 which I don't think is too bad.

I was going to go back from Santander on 22nd but it was £408 because you had to book a cabin so I didn't bother, plus I get to see a bit of France this way :)

And another one !
Booked same route as judge & mdw.
See everyone on the 7th.
Darren :beerjug:

Ferry info

does anyone know of the ferry crossing and prices to morocco? ports,times etc. has anyone booked?
steve.

i think he is on about the morocco crossing si.

Steve we have not booked the ferry for spain/morocco as we are not sure exactly when we will get there. Apparantly they run every few hours so no stress.

If you are on about the uk/spain ferry ...what uncle bully says:)

much prefer that photo si, doesnot freak me out like the old one

:comfort

chad

much prefer that photo si, doesnot freak me out like the old one

:comfort

chad

I know.... The last thing I want is a freaked out, oil drippin' Welsh riding partner ;)

Did some research last night :D and found some great places to explore....

Erg Chebbi looks great... roll on bloody Sept :D

Back
Top Bottom