Well that was a bit hairy

Rushy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Took me nearly 2hrs to get back home tonight ( 62 miles travelled).

Slight spots of snow as I left the Pub turned into a complete whiteout a few miles down the road as I climbed the hill out of Ironbridge up to Madeley. The roads quickly became completely covered in snow with no road marking visible at all. Onto the Queensway towards Telford and what few cars that were out & about were tootling along the icy/snowy roads at no more than 35 -40 (on a 60mh dual carriageway) which was a good 10mph above what I was doing.

After 6miles of my left hand continually wiping the snow off my visor and my right hand staying resolutely away from the front brake I was wondering if it would be better to turn round when I lost the front on a roundabout. Saved it with a dab. :eek

The roads became slightly clearer so I pressed on. Regular snow and sleet showers all the way back were a bit of pain with the worst of the snow around Nantwich where there was a good inch+ covering everything that wasn't moving including all the main roads.

Still thawing out now:p

Still it was worth it for the 1st ride of the year and it was good to see a few folk who I've not seen since the East Mids bash. Thanks Simon for all the organising:thumb2.................sorry I had to leave just as the band was starting Phil :D
Ian

I was happy to get back home from Sycos bash just after 11pm last night , have a warm cup of tea and get into my own bed which Louise had warmed up for me.

I lay there cursing the fact I had to leave early and do that ride in the dark but happy to be home and not to be staggering back to a fekkin freezin tent at midnight . Brekkie in bed this morning watchin MOTD on the telly was far moe appealing.

Looking forward to seeing the snowy campsite shots from today.:p

All you lot still there keep your wits about you on your way home ...........and have a safe trip.:thumb

Back
Top Bottom