Off Road Ride

FERRET

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well the Off Road Ride got off to a good start around 1030 on Saturday, with Little Rossi leading the ride off, down Pound Lane and on towards Bridgenorth, he did really well as there was alot of ice on the line and you could see him picking his line and handling the bike really well.
Si had kindly obtained permission from a local land owner (Lady Forrester, thank you) which allowed us to travel down some really nice picturesque trails running alongside the River Severn towards Bridgenorth, just prior to the end of this trail Si and Little Rossi left us and that left just the five of us,

Gaz (skygod) on his HP
Johnny (johnnyboxer) on his X Challenge
Malcolm (malcolm leick) on his F650GS (800)
Dave (freeloader) on his 800gs
and me Stuart (ferret) on an X Challenge.

Malcolm and Dave had'nt done much off roading prior to this ride, fortunatley the Shropshire trails around Broseley ar'nt too difficult and were ideal for the bigger bikes, we headed off over to Claverley for the first lane which consisted of a bit of mud and a few ruts, nice and gentle start, the rest of the lanes were very similar with a bit of gravel and water added for a bit of extra fun:eek:

We had had a bit of snow and a good frost friday night so the ground was hard, Saturday was a glorious day with the sun shining which eventually began to thaw out some of the lanes adding a bit of mud.
Well we did about 7 or 8 lanes before heading off to Quatt Cafe, a local bikers haunt for a cuppa and bit of dinner. We met up with a couple of Tossers at the cafe out for a little spin , one was Bilco, I think , but ime afraid iI cant recall the name of his fellow Tosser:blast.

After we were suitably refereshed we headed off for the afternoons lanes which started fro Much Wenlock and headed out towards Craven Arms, it was obvious straight away that this side of the River Severn had had a lot more snow and the roads were treacherous in places with packed snow and ice travelling between lanes!
Well after a couple of lanes we headed to one of our river crossings:eek:, by this time Gaz had persuaded me to have a blast on his HP and what a bike, superb soft power delivery and a great sounding engine ( i want one now), anyway we got down to the river and decided it was do able, Johnny went across first keeping to the left, followed by myself taking the same line, Dave followed then Malcolm entered the water and decided to take the right hand side of the river, and then decided to take his bike for a little bath , completely laying it on its side, after a suitable cry for help and the usual lets take a picture first, Gaz and I waded in to help Malcolm retreive his bike, once lifted Malcolm got back on it, Gaz stood behind supporting the bike whilst Malcolm sorted himself out , Malcolm then started his bike and all the water spurted out of his exhaustand soaked Gaz right in the nuts:thumb, well we left this lane and headed off to the next and as it turned out the final lane of the day, this was definatley the hardest lane, Dave and Malcolm quite wiseley decided that they would rather miss this lane so Gaz, Malcolm and Dave went on the road and met us the other end. so me and Johnny rode the final lane and found it tricky but it warmed us up.
We then met up with the others and decided the roads were getting a bit dicy so headed back to Broseley for a few pints,:thumb.
Thanks to all for making the day a good laugh, well done Malcolm and Dave, ime glad you kept with it and hope you enjoyed it as much as i did, hope to see you all again soon, if someone can tell me how to upload pictures i will post some of the days ride, thanks again:thumb

Thanks for that link Dahoum! i will endeavour to get the photos sorted:blast

more photos

Attachments

• DSCN0580.jpg
    DSCN0580.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 356
  • DSCN0581.jpg
    DSCN0581.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 340
  • DSCN0582.jpg
    DSCN0582.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 355
  • DSCN0583.jpg
    DSCN0583.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 353
  • DSCN0584.jpg
    DSCN0584.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 354
and some more

Attachments

• DSCN0571.jpg
    DSCN0571.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 350
  • DSCN0591.jpg
    DSCN0591.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 337
  • DSCN0589.jpg
    DSCN0589.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 351
  • DSCN0586.jpg
    DSCN0586.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 353
  • DSCN0587.jpg
    DSCN0587.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 351
a few more

Attachments

• DSCN0579.jpg
    DSCN0579.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 350
  • DSCN0578.jpg
    DSCN0578.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 351
Oh that's good, you can barely see the fear in my face. :D

Looks like you all had fun and no major spills. Are some of those the lanes around Alveley?

Cheers Stuart for a really, really good day out

Thoroughly enjoyed it:thumb2

Any more pics to add? or any others with pics? Snow pics?

I left my camera in the Van:blast

Cheers Stuart for a really, really good day out
My thanks as well.

Who was it lifted me - AND my bike - out of that rut? I have great difficulty remembering names... :blast

Thoroughly enjoyed it:thumb2
Me too.
Any more pics to add? or any others with pics? Snow pics?

I left my camera in the Van:blast
Me too.

:D

Fantastic day, hope to manage more like it. Although preferably without ice next time.

I have video footage of you all on the lane by the King and Thai, but don't know how to put it on the site, can someone let me know please and i will post it.:)

Morticia

I have video footage of you all on the lane by the King and Thai, but don't know how to put it on the site, can someone let me know please and i will post it.:)

Morticia

youtube
then post a link. :thumb

Johnny, yes there are a few more photos but none with the snow, i think we were all too busy trying to stay upright!:eek:, Dave that was me who lifted you and bike out of the rut:confused:

Thanks to all who came on the ride making it such a good day out, it was the first time i had led a ride so i was a bit apprehensive , hoping i wouldnt get us all horribly lost, but it didnt turn out too bad, thanks again:thumb

Johnny, yes there are a few more photos but none with the snow, i think we were all too busy trying to stay upright!:eek:, Dave that was me who lifted you and bike out of the rut:confused:
Thanks Stuart - I may have appeared to be panicking at the time - concerned I wasn't going to be able to keep the bike upright 'cos I was on tiptoes by the time you hauled me out... :eek:
Thanks to all who came on the ride making it such a good day out, it was the first time i had led a ride so i was a bit apprehensive , hoping i wouldnt get us all horribly lost, but it didnt turn out too bad, thanks again:thumb

Echoed by me, thanks all, I really enjoyed it. Must get myself a lower/lighter bike to practise on though, hmm...

More photos, sorry these are the last:clap

Attachments

• DSCN0576.jpg
    DSCN0576.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 141
  • DSCN0589.jpg
    DSCN0589.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 136
  • DSCN0593.jpg
    DSCN0593.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 129
  • DSCN0595.jpg